What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks Ivan

John Hamblin

Juniors
Just like to say what a complete turnaround from last year. Under the steady hand of IC and his assistants they have turned the club into the team who are at the very least top four contenders and who knows where we may finish!! Thanks Ivan!

Too early to praise Ivan. His history says this is more a fluke than anything. Sincerely hope I’m wrong, but it’s his 14th year as a head coach. Plenty to go on.

The_Frog

First Grade
He had his side in a similar position two years ago, with wins over the Roosters and Storm and the only loss being a stitch up against the Broncos when a draw after extra time appeared certain. He ended up 12 and 12 that year but with a lesser side than he's got now, especially the forward pack.

Jane Murray

Bench
Too early to praise Ivan. His history says this is more a fluke than anything. Sincerely hope I’m wrong, but it’s his 14th year as a head coach. Plenty to go on.
Wow, that's harsh. This team is mentally, and physically, stronger than they have ever been. The only bone of contention for me is the way he uses Matt Burton. Matt Burton needs to be in the side, and given more playing time.

Jane Murray

Bench
Wow, that's harsh. This team is mentally, and physically, stronger than they have ever been. The only bone of contention for me is the way he uses Matt Burton. Matt Burton needs to be in the side, and given more playing time.

The_Frog

First Grade
Matt Burton needs to be in the side, and given more playing time.
Where though? The halves are going well. He'll have to be played out of position which presents risks. I know he's a talented young player but the lack of a reserve grade makes things very difficult.

Jane Murray

Bench
Where though? The halves are going well. He'll have to be played out of position which presents risks. I know he's a talented young player but the lack of a reserve grade makes things very difficult.
So it will be bye, bye Matt Burton, hello Tyrone May. That is wrong.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
No reason they can't coexist but you have to understand one is 24 and made his debut three years ago and the other is just starting. Likewise Luai has been in the system for years. You can't just cast these blokes aside because a kid with potential pops his head up.

Lui did his time waiting in the wings for Jimmy to move on. Lui has surprised me this year with the depth to his game.

Shouldn't be dropped for the next shiny new toy.

Think Burton's ongoing place may be at lock or backrow not unlike Graham.

John Hamblin

Juniors
A very cool effort tonight against a team that did what used to happen 40 years ago. When you are going to lose throw the dirt in, Shit tackles etc .I hope BJ gets 4/6 weeks

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
A very cool effort tonight against a team that did what used to happen 40 years ago. When you are going to lose throw the dirt in, Shit tackles etc .I hope BJ gets 4/6 weeks

I agree. For a while I thought I was young again waiting league in the 1970's. Every time Clearly kicked he was hit late.

BJ along with Garner decided Naden and Edwards didn't need their heads any longer.

Reynolds was continually hitting late etc.

W/T were very dirty tonight.

I wonder was that a coaching tactic to put Penrith off ?

Very pleased with a gritty win.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

I agree. For a while I thought I was young again waiting league in the 1970's. Every time Clearly kicked he was hit late.

BJ along with Garner decided Naden and Edwards didn't need their heads any longer.

Reynolds was continually hitting late etc.

W/T were very dirty tonight.

I wonder was that a coaching tactic to put Penrith off ?

Very pleased with a gritty win.

The unknown

Juniors
Ivan your a legend telling the tigers supporters to look at the scoreboard then saying bye bye and topping it off with a kiss that was gold.As for the tigers fans you wanted mcguire you asked for him you got him guys hope you like watching the semis on ch 9 lol.

He pointed at the scoreboard after a 12 year old tigers supporter gave him the thumbs up.

Just process that for a moment. A 12 year old kid got under the skin of a fully grown professional coach on a million a year. Lols

Panfa

Juniors
He pointed at the scoreboard after a 12 year old tigers supporter gave him the thumbs up.

Just process that for a moment. A 12 year old kid got under the skin of a fully grown professional coach on a million a year. Lols
Im sure the 12 yr old had adults with him and they were probably sticking it to cleary all game.Pretty sure cleary wouldnt be doing that to a 12yr old champ.And how do you know were you there were you.