What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Broncos

Meth

Staff member
3- Green
2- Maumalo
1- Harris

HM- Lawton, Egan, Herbert, Blair, Hethrington

Hard to pick. On any other day, all of those HM + others deserve points

Penrose_11

Juniors
3. Harris
2. Green
1. Mamalao

Thought Egan had his best game for us and really impressed with the intensity of our new ranga Hetherington

vvvrulz

Coach
3. Harris
2. Green
1. Blair - rocks and diamonds but he brought real energy especially in the last 10

Ken was rocks and diamonds too, but got it right when it mattered

TheDMC

Bench
3. Harris - he was like a players x3 out there
2. Ken- rough start but he was incredible getting us downfield, we were toast without that
1. Green - those kicks...

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Green
Harris
Egan - wasn't expected to play 80, stood up to that but also offered a running option which made us more dangerous I thought

Rich102

Staff member
3- Green Loved the two finger salute he gave to Robinson
2- Maumalo Shaky start but huge effort
1- Harris Any other week he would have got the 3.

Was a terrible game. Got to feel sorry for Siebold.

Big Marn

Juniors
3 Green
2 Maumalo
1 Harris
HM Egan.
Even though Maumalo had a big game, (and im sure hes great for a fantasy team with all his stats) think how much more effective he would be if he was a 2nd rower playing 2 in from the wing. Rather than attracting defenders carting the ball up from our own try line, he could be attracting them in their red zone making it far easier to put our wingers in space. Think Tony Williams, or NAS, or Viliame, Tony Pulutua etc.
We have our own version of that but he gets used as a battering ram at the wrong end of the field. Surely our coaches have looked at him and thought the same thing. I just dont get it. Obviously his defensive technique would need to be vastly improved, but im sure theres not a D coach out there that wouldnt want to take that challenge.
Imagine our back row if this happens, Katoa on one side, Maumalo on the other, and Harris in the middle. Doesnt that sound like a team thats going to cause havoc for defences?

Tongue

Juniors
3 Green
2 Maumalo
1 Harris
HM Egan.
Even though Maumalo had a big game, (and im sure hes great for a fantasy team with all his stats) think how much more effective he would be if he was a 2nd rower playing 2 in from the wing. Rather than attracting defenders carting the ball up from our own try line, he could be attracting them in their red zone making it far easier to put our wingers in space. Think Tony Williams, or NAS, or Viliame, Tony Pulutua etc.
We have our own version of that but he gets used as a battering ram at the wrong end of the field. Surely our coaches have looked at him and thought the same thing. I just dont get it. Obviously his defensive technique would need to be vastly improved, but im sure theres not a D coach out there that wouldnt want to take that challenge.
Imagine our back row if this happens, Katoa on one side, Maumalo on the other, and Harris in the middle. Doesnt that sound like a team thats going to cause havoc for defences?

Who would score the 8 points he scored on the wing, in the fashion that he did, if he becomes a forward?

Big Marn

Juniors
Who would score the 8 points he scored on the wing, in the fashion that he did, if he becomes a forward?
I thought I explained it pretty clearly. League is a numbers game. Maumalo can draw more defenders to him and create space and overlaps for our wingers. And the other plus is he wont be out on the wing defending where other teams clearly target him.

Blair

Coach
3. Maumalo - a monster truck performance. He also changed the game when he came back so strongly after that error that caused a Broncos try.

2. Green - he might be angry, with a point to prove.

1. Harris - leadership.

Rich102

Staff member
3. Maumalo - a monster truck performance. He also changed the game when he came back so strongly after that error that caused a Broncos try.

2. Green - he might be angry, with a point to prove.

1. Harris - leadership.

That error was Hiku's alone.
The bounce killed any chance Ken had.

waipiro

Juniors
I thought I explained it pretty clearly. League is a numbers game. Maumalo can draw more defenders to him and create space and overlaps for our wingers.
I think this is probably what they are doing with Fus....and he is starting with a stronger defensive base than Ken so probably a better option playing closer in that regard,

Latest posts