What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 8 vs Panthers @ Bankwest Stadium

Who will win? Round 8: Wests Tigers v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pezz70

Juniors
Pretty good tonight except for BJ’s brain snap. That’ll cost him a few weeks which is a shame because both he and his brother have been going well. I cant get over some of the calls we get from the refs, yes Im one eyed but fair suck of the sav. The first try they scored the ball was gained from a strip called a knock on. Later in the match Mansour walks off the mark around a tigers player, plays the ball into him and we get pinged. Nofoaluma does a similar thing minutes later and its a scrum. from the Mansour one they get a piggy back penalty because Reynolds drags a player over the line, the player had kncoked the ball on before hand and touchy was right on top of it. That eventually led to a field goal. Seems every week we get ordinary call after ordinary call:(

simmo1

First Grade
BJ is a dope. We have some must win games the next few weeks and now will be down a centre.

We really need some pace in the backs. Needed to score off the back of Doueihi's break but had no one in support. Compare this with Koroisau's break where he had plenty of options.

I think we're headed in the right direction. We looked more likely for much of the game but couldn't land the killer blow. Penrith play like a typical Ivan team. Strong defence but predictable attack. With the attacking weapons they have they really should be scoring more points.

We fared better than I expected given we were missing a couple of our first choice forwards. Penrith were very good defensively and we still asked questions (butchered a try early in the half.) Losing McIntyre and Nature boy really hurt us in the end, we ran out of gas. BJ was looking to knock someone's head off soon as his brother went off. Silly merkin will do a stint for that, not smart when we are short on outside backs.

Tigerm

First Grade
Pretty good tonight except for BJ’s brain snap. That’ll cost him a few weeks which is a shame because both he and his brother have been going well. I cant get over some of the calls we get from the refs, yes Im one eyed but fair suck of the sav. The first try they scored the ball was gained from a strip called a knock on. Later in the match Mansour walks off the mark around a tigers player, plays the ball into him and we get pinged. Nofoaluma does a similar thing minutes later and its a scrum. from the Mansour one they get a piggy back penalty because Reynolds drags a player over the line, the player had kncoked the ball on before hand and touchy was right on top of it. That eventually led to a field goal. Seems every week we get ordinary call after ordinary call:(
Agree, I thought we were very competitive all match. But the ref duded us in a few key moments.
I couldn't see any knock on, on there first try.
But, finally some passion shown.
Injuries killed us. Next game will be interesting.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
073595c1d958c66256fa592273384935

Lest we forget.

Shredder

Juniors
I cant say Im unhappy about the result. We kept up with the team coming second until the last ten mins. Our attack looked a little clunky But Im still largely happy with the strides we are making in defense this year. Remember, we are players down to.

I am sick of the mistakes though. Eisenhuth and Aloiai drop the ball at least once each every single f**king game. Not good enough for forwards who already have more than 50 first grade games each.

And BJ, jesus..... Has he been binned twice since the comp restarted?

I wasnt expecting us to fin the comp this year, but Im happy with the development.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Once our defence stopped moving up in the last 15 mins I had the felling we were spent.

Mighty effort from the team though on all fronts especially after the disaster that was the first 5 mins and being two down on the bench.

One thing I did notice in the second half when we were down deep in their half, was a comment from Anasta who made the point to say Brooks was screaming for the ball but Grant ignored it and went right...

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Well we were up against it being short on manpower and up against a decent side on top of some truly bewildering refereeing decisions, but a lot of positive signs to take from the game. I'm confident we look like a Top 8 side finally. I really didn't think there was much in BJ's love tap at the end, but you just knew he was going to do something stupid after li'l Bro went off.

So frustrating we couldn't capitalise when we were on top. Some poetic justice coming in poor old Ivan's direction later in the season hopefully.

100% Pezz, I thought the referee had a shocker last night, I would have liked to have heard the bunker interpretation if they had gone captains call against that Mansour penalty.
Good to see the server probs are fixed.

Well we were up against it being short on manpower and up against a decent side on top of some truly bewildering refereeing decisions, but a lot of positive signs to take from the game. I'm confident we look like a Top 8 side finally. I really didn't think there was much in BJ's love tap at the end, but you just knew he was going to do something stupid after li'l Bro went off.

So frustrating we couldn't capitalise when we were on top. Some poetic justice coming in poor old Ivan's direction later in the season hopefully.
Was going to say the same thing re top 8 side Trollhammaren.
Need some luck going forward with injuries.
Some things from me watching it:
Garner had his best game in a long time,
Eiso continued on from last week,
Brooks needs to play right side as well as left, FMD he’s a 7, he should touch the ball more and be sniffing around Grant when he has his darts from dummy half.
Brooks needs a half coach, needs to improve his kicking game.
All outside backs need more sprint coaching.

WA Tiger

Bench
All that drama with both Leiluas could have been avoided if Brookes had of grubbered over the tryline instead of one of his going nowhere half hearted dribbles that never come to anything ...sure Leilua caught it but youre always in a vulnerable position when u are waiting/ hoping for a good bounce while looking downward at the ball esp just before the try line..

And great to hear Grant ignored Brookes screaming for the ball ..he new passing to Brookes would result in a nothing high kick the nothing short pass or the nothing run..Brookes did seem like he’s closer to how he played last year though which is great just not close enough yet.

I’m thinking Mbye out for a week and Talau at centre (hopefully) ...Talaus showing some great aggression and Class ..I loved his fearless accelerating run at the line on the first tackle.. and the “no one else could score that one” try. For me they were “welcome to a permanent spot in the team” moments.

The ref decisions tho were heartbreaking and took the steam out of us..We can’t control the refs biased decisions until in the refs eyes we are the team expected to win..we can eventually control that.

We definitely seem to be improving and could easily have won that game.

Last edited: