What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 vs Tigers

Vicpanther

Juniors
Between this game and the storm game the boys have shown they have grit and will play for each other.

This is probably one of my favourite field of players since the early 90's.
Just need some mongrel in the forwards like mg.

Funnily enough that was probably our best win this year, Tigers threw everything at us and then some. They should make the finals this year if they can keep it up. Great game from both sides although the Tigers players became massive f**kwits at the end, oh well it happens sometimes no need to hold any grudges over it.

Ivan deserves a 1 year extension just for giving it to the Tigers full time I reckon.

Jane Murray

Bench
Between this game and the storm game the boys have shown they have grit and will play for each other.

This is probably one of my favourite field of players since the early 90's.
Just need some mongrel in the forwards like mg.
We have that mongrel already, and his name is James Fisher-Harris.

Vicpanther

Juniors
Not on the same level. Fish is a beast and tears in. We need someone like mg or jwh. Someone that you never know will they take my head off or just smile at me.
I know those days are gone. But someone really needed to take bj's head off last night.

We have that mongrel already, and his name is James Fisher-Harris.

Blues Riff

Bench
A big shout out to Fox for creating the Billy Kikau myth. Opposition are shitting themselves. He can now play a major part in the game without touching the ball.

Panfa

Juniors
Thought leota was outstanding when he came on.His runs were terrific made ground and bent the line over on each and every run.Hope we dont get any suspensions out of the game id be dirty of api got a week or 2 for that hit.

Blues Riff

Bench
A big shout out to Fox for creating the Billy Kikau myth. Opposition are shitting themselves. He can now play a major part in the game without touching the ball.

mxlegend99

Referee
Tbh I thought we overplayed JFH in that first stint tonight. He was out on his feet after 20 & that’s when the Tigers got a real roll on through the middle at that point. Tetevano & moreso Leota came on & we fought back control.

Thought Tamou & Leota were outstanding tonight.

Short sample so I’m not saying it’s the end of the discussion, but didn’t see anything tonight to suggest Naden is a better fit then Whare at centre at this current point.
There was nothing to suggest he was worse either.

Our defence was roughly the same conceding 12 points. He wasn't a rock in defence. But didn't cost us a try. Both tries scored were a result of defensive misses in the middle.

We were left to do a lot of scrambling defence last night. Amazing we only conceded 2 tries from all that. Tigers had a far quicker play the ball speed and offloaded a hell of a lot more than we did

Couple of huge try saving plays last night though. Brian To'o with an intercept. Mansour or Kikau on BJ early that first half. Luai had a ripper although our defence couldnt retreat quick enough to stop the try next play. Great to see those efforts. Tigers made us work for it and I never felt comfortable until BJ got himself binned. Nathans field goal made me rest a bit easier. But 7 points didnt feel safe until BJ had a brain snap

There was nothing to suggest he was worse either.

Our defence was roughly the same conceding 12 points. He wasn't a rock in defence. But didn't cost us a try. Both tries scored were a result of defensive misses in the middle.

We were left to do a lot of scrambling defence last night. Amazing we only conceded 2 tries from all that. Tigers had a far quicker play the ball speed and offloaded a hell of a lot more than we did

Couple of huge try saving plays last night though. Brian To'o with an intercept. Mansour or Kikau on BJ early that first half. Luai had a ripper although our defence couldnt retreat quick enough to stop the try next play. Great to see those efforts. Tigers made us work for it and I never felt comfortable until BJ got himself binned. Nathans field goal made me rest a bit easier. But 7 points didnt feel safe until BJ had a brain snap

Still think Naden is a better fit on the wing, though.

Latest posts