What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R8 Sat - Wests Tigers 12-19 Panthers @ Bankwest

Round 8: Wests Tigers v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

magpie_man

Juniors
I've gotta say: I loved the raillery from Cleary and Naden, a bit of personality and theatre in sport is never a bad thing imo.
Well done Panthers, I'm happy with the Tiger's performance aside from the grubbery in the last few minutes.

Fangs

Coach
A grubby and ultimately embarrassing performance by the Wests Tigers. First time in a long time that a team has managed to look worse than Ivan Cleary.

Very gritty from the Panthers. They like to drop games like these.

The unknown

Juniors
A grubby and ultimately embarrassing performance by the Wests Tigers. First time in a long time that a team has managed to look worse than Ivan Cleary.

You’re right, Penrith were complete clean skins the entire game

betcats

Referee
Luciano leliua wasn’t even properly knocked out by that high shot, fair that it got put on report and penalised but f**k me they called a stretcher for that bitch cause of a suspected jaw fracture, real RL hardmen get up and play on with that. People get knocked out cold and get up quicker, weak as piss.

The unknown

Juniors
Luciano leliua wasn’t even properly knocked out by that high shot, fair that it got put on report and penalised but f**k me they called a stretcher for that bitch cause of a suspected jaw fracture, real RL hardmen get up and play on with that. People get knocked out cold and get up quicker, weak as piss.

You do realise he has a suspected broken jaw right? It’s pretty common knowledge they use stretchers for pre-caution of head/neck injuries

mxlegend99

Referee
Thats not even remotely the same and you know it. What we did to Jason Taylor is the same as what you did to Hook and Phil Gould
I love the double standards. Its perfectly fine for clubs to sack coaches and players hoping to find better. Its a business and they have no loyalty to their employees. But an employee looks out for their own best interests and that's the worst thing ever.

What Ivan did was wrong without doubt. But loyalty is dead and Tigers like any other club are no more loyal to employees than the employee s are to the club. Clubs want results. Employee s want money.

Fans sre the only ones loyal to clubs and they too hate underperforming players and coaches. Seems ridiculous to hold a grudge against former players and coaches that lasts for years.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member

I'd say the Panthers played pretty well, tigers also did a good job to keep themselves in the game for the full 80 minutes. BJ lost the plot and cost us a chance of a win though, not disagreeing on that one.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
The real show off strength is your ability to have not destroyed your keyboard being the absolute alpha male you apparently are.
Well done

Glen

Bench
He destroyed our clubs salary cap for the next 4 years and walked out 18 months into a 4 year contract, leaving the mess for the next coach. In effect what he did was worse then Bennett did to Newcastle
The club was shit before he got here too. But yea, I guess salary cap pressure and wishing cancer seems like a fair trade-off...

Last edited:
Lapses in defence and letting players get through and under tackles cost the better team the game.

The fact that a few Panthers got belted along the way was collateral.

It’s good to see a bit of snarl and animal instinct back in the game.

Based on passion, that was pretty much the game of season.

The other sides are soft as tissue compared to the big cats of the league.

People carted off to hospital, sin bins, dog hits off the ball, broken faces, coaches being sarcastic and cheeky.

And Edwards saying it should all stay on the field.

Rugby league is a tough sport played by courageous and emotional young men. Every now and then the human frailty gets to them.

Occasionally, the rivers of blood will run.

Both sides turned up to play, to fight and to win.

Shake paws and move on.

Last edited:

The unknown

Juniors
Lapses in defence and letting players get through and under tackles cost the better team the game.

The fact that a few Panthers got belted along the way was collateral.

It’s good to see a bit of snarl and animal instinct back in the game.

Based on passion, that was pretty much the game of season.

The other sides are soft as tissue compared to the big cats of the league.

People carted off to hospital, sin bins, dog hits off the ball, broken faces, coaches being sarcastic and cheeky.

And Edwards saying it should all stay on the field.

Rugby league is a tough sport played by courageous and emotional young men. Every now and then the human frailty gets to them.

Occasionally, the rivers of blood will run.

Both sides turned up to play, to fight and to win.

Shake paws and move on.

People said no match could outdo Thursday nights game but this one came close surely. Probably the best I’ve felt about our club after a loss in quite some time.

2 man bench in the 2nd half and already without 2 key forwards. It’s a shame we’ll be without the Leulias next week though. I think Garner will be fine

Latest posts