What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks Ivan

Jane Murray

Bench
He pointed at the scoreboard after a 12 year old tigers supporter gave him the thumbs up.

Just process that for a moment. A 12 year old kid got under the skin of a fully grown professional coach on a million a year. Lols
What is a supporter of a grub of a club, doing on a Panthers supporters club? Were you there? I highly doubt it.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
He pointed at the scoreboard after a 12 year old tigers supporter gave him the thumbs up.

Just process that for a moment. A 12 year old kid got under the skin of a fully grown professional coach on a million a year. Lols

Sadly I don't think you read the article Unknown correctly.

'When the full time siren went Zorbas son turned to Cleary to give him a thumbs up. Cleary followed suit with his own thumbs up of his own to Zorbas 12 year old son.

That sent Zorbas into an expletive laden tirade....which promoted Cleary to point towards the scoreboard and blow kisses'

This Zorbas bloke is a former Fox Sports news producer.

This article is on SMH by Michael Chammas.

According to the article it was the expletive laden rant that led to the kisses and waving.

https://www.watoday.com.au/sport/nr...led-tigers-boss-and-fans-20200705-p55959.html

Fangs

Coach
Its still very early, but positive signs so far. Has made a lot of good moves since the middle of last year.

The goal is to win the competition. Making the 8 is simply not a high enough bar to set anymore.

Jane Murray

Bench

'When the full time siren went Zorbas son turned to Cleary to give him a thumbs up. Cleary followed suit with his own thumbs up of his own to Zorbas 12 year old son.

That sent Zorbas into an expletive laden tirade....which promoted Cleary to point towards the scoreboard and blow kisses'

According to the article it was the expletive laden rant that led to the kisses and waving.

https://www.watoday.com.au/sport/nr...led-tigers-boss-and-fans-20200705-p55959.html
What a charming example this father is to his son? Thanks for posting this article.

The unknown

Juniors
What is a supporter of a grub of a club, doing on a Panthers supporters club? Were you there? I highly doubt it.

Jane Murray? Let me guess you’re a 55 year old soccer mum, go back to knitting or something Karen if you can’t handle a physical sport like rugby league

Flashstep

Juniors

Imagine getting so worked up by a former coach giving your son a thumbs up that you turn into a lunatic and start verbally abusing him in front of your kid lmao. FMD Tigers fans really need to move on, it’s not like the Tigers were already going on a massive downward spiral before Cleary even got there.

Jane Murray

Bench
I read the article a number of times to make sure I had the details correct.

If you check the players instagram pages many of them have highlighted what happened. They all loved it.
Personally, I didn't. I liked the passion, and I understood why Ivan did it, I just wished he walked away. I knew there had to be more given the way Ivan is usually well controlled.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Jane Murray? Let me guess you’re a 55 year old soccer mum, go back to knitting or something Karen if you can’t handle a physical sport like rugby league

Many older women have a good general knowledge about league (watching and playing in the backyard as kids) Our knowledge base is often quite extensive.

I can remember the days of the 4 tackle game. No interchange just 2 reserves who had played a reggies game on the bench.