What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 v Raiders

Old Timer

Coach
As I said, take it to the swamp if you’re that keen for another petty fight.

Once again you’ve written your own narrative and believe that over reality.
Dragonsamy made a post about the weather in Canberra and you had to go and look for a weather report to contradict him.

A clear inference by you so go and grow a set of balls and just own up for once.

Norman’s got a pea heart but if he needed a transplant and got yours he would be worse off.

Old Timer

Coach
As I said, take it to the swamp if you’re that keen for another petty fight.

Once again you’ve written your own narrative and believe that over reality.
Dragonsamy made a post about the weather in Canberra and you had to go and look for a weather report to contradict him.

A clear inference by you so go and grow a set of balls and just own up for once.

Norman’s got a pea heart but if he needed a transplant and got yours he would be worse off.

I missed the first half last night and was on the way home when I put on the radio in the car. Down 18-nil. Somehow, I managed not to turn the radio off in disgust and continued to listen to the dullest commentary I've ever heard in my life (Thanks for gutting David Morrow, ABC...) Saints putting some pressure on the Faiders... A good grubber from Norman (!) gets a repeat set... Goal-line dropout fumbled by Rava. Click. Radio off.

By the time I get home and put Fox on there are 9 minutes left. It's 22-10. A fightback of sorts. I watch the "action". So far so clueless until a left edge raid tears a whole in the Faiders defense and Dufty goes in between the posts. We get one set of 6 to force golden point and the response is to produce the same sort of predictable sh#t that we usually dish up instead of realising that the game is on the line and some more expansive football is required. What a load of rubbish.

It's not only Mary and Millstone who should go - of the squad of 30 I would only keep are McInnes, Clune, Lomax, Dufty, Host, Fuimaono, Kerr and Ramsey. Vaughan and Hunt will kick into gear around about Round 18 when they are looking to impress the SoO selectors..

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

I think you need to have a good hard look at yourself.

Your mate Samy said the weather was completely different from what friends of mine at the game said it was.

I’ve pointed this out, and it was proven by what was shown on the National TV broadcast.

You’ve somehow turned that into a giant conspiracy & trying to pick yet another fight with me.

If you want a fight, take it to the swamp. Otherwise keep spinning your conspiracy theories on here Frank..

Old Timer

Coach
Lol x 4
I think you need to have a good hard look at yourself.

Your mate Samy said the weather was completely different from what friends of mine at the game said it was.

I’ve pointed this out, and it was proven by what was shown on the National TV broadcast.

You’ve somehow turned that into a giant conspiracy & trying to pick yet another fight with me.

If you want a fight, take it to the swamp. Otherwise keep spinning your conspiracy theories on here Frank..
Lol x 4

gitano

Juniors
My dossier mentioned taking losses personally. Putting some dirt in. Hurting people.

Look at the Tigers tonight. Beaten yes, but they were abusing touchies, putting dog shots in, even coat hangering Edwards there when he wasn't even involved in the play. The last tackle of the game was completely unnecessary, sparking more of a melee. I love it!! The loss hurt the players. They were struggling to accept it and they wanted anyone in a panthers jersey to wear a few.

Losing is one thing, rolling over like we do is another.

avocado

Juniors

Excellent investigation. You’re right on top of this. Well done. Seriously. Who cares.
If Samy says he works for the club or if Old Timer says he saw Provan play or if you say you have friends then let’s just take all of that on face value and move on.

I’m an astronaut.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Excellent investigation. You’re right on top of this. Well done. Seriously. Who cares.
If Samy says he works for the club or if Old Timer says he saw Provan play or if you say you have friends then let’s just take all of that on face value and move on.

I’m an astronaut.
I thought you were supposed to be me?

Old Timer

Coach
Looking at the speed and sheer intensity of the way the Eels, Roosters, Penrith, Tigpies, Storm, Manly & for the moment the Knights play the game I think the Raiders chance of a premiership has potentially passed them by.

The Raiders aren't anywhere near the form that took them so far last year and maybe that horse has bolted.

They are currently a good side but not the force they were but who knows maybe they can climb back however Bateman seems to be a huge loss and Scott is not quite working out for therm

Taking anything overly positive out of our performance against them would be window dressing and like putting bandaids on broken bones.

A real shame that TT wont be playing next week as I want us to play every team when they are at full strength to show the truth of who we are as a team.

slippery5

Juniors
Looking at the speed and sheer intensity of the way the Eels, Roosters, Penrith, Tigpies, Storm, Manly & for the moment the Knights play the game I think the Raiders chance of a premiership has potentially passed them by.

The Raiders aren't anywhere near the form that took them so far last year and maybe that horse has bolted.

They are currently a good side but not the force they were but who knows maybe they can climb back however Bateman seems to be a huge loss and Scott is not quite working out for therm

Taking anything overly positive out of our performance against them would be window dressing and like putting bandaids on broken bones.

A real shame that TT wont be playing next week as I want us to play every team when they are at full strength to show the truth of who we are as a team.
Bellamy doesn't let anyone go that he thinks will work for him, ie. Croft, Scott, the other Kaufusi & Widdop to a lesser degree.

BLM01

First Grade

Yet OT.. re Raiders
Raiders will build nicely I believe there’s no point killing everybody now
still a long way to go I think the Raiders will improve by the end of the year and maybe be in their prime by semi time

In regards to us wont matter re TT is playing or not... we will struggle
but reckon they will be without AFB also

Old Timer

Coach
I’ve played with & against players at a good level who have played for & captained their state & country. But it doesn’t mean I know more than others nor should it give me the honour of being a condescending tool.
Plenty that played at the highest level and are now in various media commentary boxes all around the country and they are dim whits when it comes to the game.

The furore in the Manly v Knights game is a classic example Channel 9 saying it was play on nothing to see there and Fox blowing up big time and suggesting manly were duded.

Aitken did play well last game and got my MOM but 1 pass in how many years?

Lomax streets in front but happy to say Aitken showed more last game than he has for many seasons so Gitano should rejoice in that and not by dumping on a young fellow who is growing nicely into his role in the side.

Latest posts