What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A Thread III: Enter 'The Normal One'

saint.nick

Coach
In all seriousness where would you play him? It'd be hard to fit him into the current top starting XI.
I wouldn't try to fit him into the first XI. If Barcelona offered a cheap deal then I'd take him and leave him on the bench. We're losing Lallana and possibly Shaqiri. However, if Coutinho's arrival means disrupting the development of Jones and Elliott then I wouldn't take him.

I wouldn't have taken him at all a year ago. However, he loves the club, he's probably sorry about how he left and I'm a forgiving man.

saint.nick

Coach
Well if it wasn't our first game in 3 months, I would have asked why the hell I woke up to watch that.

We suck playing away at Goodison, we suck even more playing away at an Ancelotti team. I had a strong feeling we'd draw this game anyway.

But, Lovren needs to go. I think compared to most Liverpool fans I've actually been tolerant of him, as he's put in quite a few stellar performances over the seasons. But the calamities he is infamous for are becoming more frequent. Everton didn't try to win the game until he came on. Like David Luiz, the guy goes out of his way to get into comical mishaps. When taking further into account his inability to stay fit for more than 10 games, he is too unreliable to persist with any longer.

We need to buy another centre back. Lovren is injury prone and mishap prone, Matip is injury prone, and Gomez is an expert at sustaining sudden long term injuries. Given a run of 10 or so games, Lovren's concentration would probably sharpen up and lead to less defensive errors. But we're not a top 4 team on the up anymore, we're the reigning European Champions and English Champions-elect and we cannot afford to persist with any mediocrity in the first team anymore

Foz

Bench
Lovren.Only thing I can say for him is he does turn a game.
Last year we lost 1 game.
This year we got smashed by Watford but only premier league loss.
No prizes for the common factor.
Whilst we didn’t look like penetrating we were pretty much in control of the game until......
Enter Lovren.
It’s not only his confidence that’s the problem it’s the others around him.
Has been for some time.
I have never worked out how he was kept when Klopp arrived.
Must be a hell of a nice guy.

saint.nick

Coach
Lovren.Only thing I can say for him is he does turn a game.
Last year we lost 1 game.
This year we got smashed by Watford but only premier league loss.
No prizes for the common factor.
Whilst we didn’t look like penetrating we were pretty much in control of the game until......
Enter Lovren.
It’s not only his confidence that’s the problem it’s the others around him.
Has been for some time.
I have never worked out how he was kept when Klopp arrived.
Must be a hell of a nice guy.
He's a hell of a nice guy to Salah.

He's a technically sound defender, but he undermines himself with poor concentration and emotional decision making. Carra said it best, he's too emotional and he's always trying to win a challenge and prove something. When Richarlison left him on his arse on the by line, ir was because Lovren wanted to put in a hero's challenge but he made a fool of himself.

Last edited:

Foz

Bench
Normal service resumed.
That was one dominant performance.
If City don’t win tomorrow we will be champions.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Not how I envisioned winning it but I will take it.

What a weird and whacky season but statistically we have been as dominant as just about any team ever has.

Hopefully they come out next week spank City and then can have a proper celebration.

EbYs6_IWoAEVGP0

thorson1987

Coach
Just got home from work, so now I can start the celebratory drinks whilst watching the footy.

Still can't believe it's real. Watching the footage of the lads celebrating, fans celebrating at Anfield has been so good.

But seeing Jurgen and Hendo in tears got me.

saint.nick

Coach
I was annoyed at the time of watching, but that was pretty funny. Mane must've left Islam because he looked drunk. We actually dominated until the penalty, City weren't coping well with our press. We just couldn't be f**ked could we...

saint.nick

Coach
Video circulating of Bernardo Silva refusing to clap and walking off early during the guard of honour.

That is such poor form. I'd honestly laugh if he went and did his ACL, the classless little shit. One thing you can say about Liverpool is that, on the whole, they're easily better blokes than Man City.

saint.nick

Coach
Aston Villa formed a guard of honour at Anfield. We won 2-0 but didn't really look threatening till the last 30 minutes of the match.

Some of you may find this an interesting read - https://www.espn.com/soccer/liverpo...alah-and-co-becoming-premier-league-champions
Far more respectful guard of honour too.

Don't really care if we get a guard of honour, but when you do one it needs to be done properly, City went to the effort of looking half arsed and bitter about it.

Now, Thiago Alcantara. A few days ago I thought it was nonsense, but there seems to be real legs to it as Klopp refused to deny the rumour post game. A few fanatics on twitter spotted that James Pearce and Paul Joyce followed him on Twitter - how they kept track of this I have no idea.

Latest posts