What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 9 vs Eels @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 9: Knights v Eels

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2020 - Round 9
Newcastle Knights v Parramatta Eels
McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton
Sunday 12 July 2020

Kickoff 4:05pm - Nine/9Now, Fox League/Kayo

TL-NEW20a.png

1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Tex Hoy 3. Enari Tuala 4. Bradman Best 5. Hymel Hunt 6. Kurt Mann 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. David Klemmer 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Daniel Saifiti 11. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 12. Aidan Guerra 13. Herman Ese'ese
Interchange: 14. Starford To'a 15. Jacob Saifiti 16. Pasami Saulo 17. Brodie Jones 18. Tautau Moga 19. Josh King 20. Phoenix Crossland 21. Connor Watson

TL-PAR20a.png

1. Clinton Gutherson 2. Maika Sivo 3. Michael Jennings 4. Waqa Blake 5. Blake Ferguson 6. Dylan Brown 7. Jai Field 8. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 9. Reed Mahoney 10. Junior Paulo 11. Shaun Lane 12. Ryan Matterson 13. Nathan Brown
Interchange: 14. David Gower 15. Stefano Utoikamanu 16. Marata Niukore 17. Brad Takairangi 18. Daniel Alvaro 19. George Jennings 20. Will Smith 21. Andrew Davey

9haLtxR.jpg

Referees: Gerard Sutton
Sideline Officials: Phil Henderson, Tim Alouani-Roby
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy, Ben Galea

Last edited by a moderator:

Zoidberg

First Grade
Storm game was our biggest test a few weeks back and we played the 1st half like shot ducks, this is our next test to see how we can compete with the top sides.

Knight76

Juniors
This is a bigger test than the Melbourne game.

I don't think we are at the Parra, Roosters level at the moment so this will be a tough game to win.

perverse

Referee
We need the same effort and commitment in D, and to be more clinical in attack. We're a chance if we can put that together. Eels obviously too good otherwise... we probably need them to be below their best.

I'd love to see Kalyn get his mojo back. He has seemingly gotten worse each week since the Canberra game.

Rodney Rude

Juniors
I was actually more confident about this one then I was about todays game. I think we match up well against Parra. The fact they had a really easy win on the weekend and we had a tough, gritty win will I think actually help us next week.

Parra haven’t played many away games this year (2/8 and last 5 at home) so will be interesting to see how they go in front of an all Newcastle crowd. The loss of Moses helps as well so the ingredients are there for an important win if their heads are screwed on and effort/attitude is evident.

I’m sensing a Newcastle ambush early on and Pearce/Ponga to have starring roles.

Yosh

Coach
1. Ponga
2. Hoy
3. Tuala
4. Best
5. Hunt

6. Mann
7. Pearce

8. Klemmer
9. McCullogh
10. Dan
11. Ftiz
12. Barnett
13. Ese'ese

14. Randall
15. Jacob
16. Saulo
17. Guerra

Something like this is it?

ryana87

Juniors
I think I'd rather see Toa get a go over Moga

I think Hoy covered wing fairly well but AOB has mentioned his lack of defence and I believe Lee's side defends Sivo.. So thats a worry

I though Guerra has been better than Sione last couple of weeks, but wouldn't be upset is Saulo go another run over the 2 of them, he seem to have a couple of good runs yesterday.

Old dog

Juniors
With Barnett still likely out, Sione likely missing, Guerra struggling we are getting light on in 2nd row.
Wing is also a concern, Hunt going ok but Parra wingers are huge, strong and fast.

Yosh

Coach
Guerra is a great player to have in the top 30 but you only want to see him play 5-10 games max a year. Our injuries have meant he has just played too many games for usm