What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Joey Leilua Award

betcats

Referee
As soon as his brother got hurt you could see he was going to do something dumb. His penalty at 12 all was pretty costly for the tigers given the field goal came just after but then with two minutes left he does that to Edwards an ensures he hurts his club beyond just the panthers game, well played Joey.

Grail

Juniors
No idea how it wasn’t a red card?

It's pretty obvious why it wasn't.
Even the refs didn't think he'd have been that overtly stupid. So they were like "yeah, that had to be accidental, nobody is that dumb!"

nick87

Coach
You never know. We do know you didnt win one with him. He is a selfish f**king grub, cant stand the dog.

Na, i know. We dont make the GF without him.

You can not like him, that's fine, lot of people dont like him.
I didnt like him when we signed him. But he kept his nose clean off the park and on the park at least for the Raiders his positives far outweighed his negatives. He turned me into a fan.

That being said, there is no doubt what he did was a pathetic cheap shot and he should have been sent off for that coathanger, and the 4-6 suspension he's facing is a fair punishment for that sort of act.

Bazal

Post Whore
Henceforth known as the golden baby.

View attachment 39688

I thought of something more like this...

images

He was just frustrated. Not that I'm condoning what he did, I am a Panthers fans after all and thought he should have been sent off, not binned (made no difference given how much time was left anyway) but you could tell he was just frustrated at losing and lashed out. I don't think he intentionally tried to hurt Edwards. It's like when you throw a controller when pissed off at a game and accidentally hit the cat. I don't think he meant to do it, he just threw his controller and hit Dylan.

(Good on Edwards for saying it all stays on the field afterwards though. True gentleman there.)

He started getting frustrated when Luciano got hit accidentally by Korisau as he had a go at Api when he came over to apologise to Luciano. It was all down hill for him from that point on.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I really do they Big Brain BJ was sharing the same brain with Big Brain Rapana. Both have somehow got even dumber on the footy field without each other.

He was just frustrated. Not that I'm condoning what he did, I am a Panthers fans after all and thought he should have been sent off, not binned (made no difference given how much time was left anyway) but you could tell he was just frustrated at losing and lashed out. I don't think he intentionally tried to hurt Edwards. It's like when you throw a controller when pissed off at a game and accidentally hit the cat. I don't think he meant to do it, he just threw his controller and hit Dylan.

(Good on Edwards for saying it all stays on the field afterwards though. True gentleman there.)

He had the red mist big time after his brother went off, he was only focused on squaring up after that. Problem is, you might understand him squaring up Koroisau, smacking the fullback off the ball was pointless and brainless.

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
As soon as his brother got hurt you could see he was going to do something dumb. His penalty at 12 all was pretty costly for the tigers given the field goal came just after but then with two minutes left he does that to Edwards an ensures he hurts his club beyond just the panthers game, well played Joey.

betcats

Referee
Na, i know. We dont make the GF without him.

You can not like him, that's fine, lot of people dont like him.
I didnt like him when we signed him. But he kept his nose clean off the park and on the park at least for the Raiders his positives far outweighed his negatives. He turned me into a fan.

That being said, there is no doubt what he did was a pathetic cheap shot and he should have been sent off for that coathanger, and the 4-6 suspension he's facing is a fair punishment for that sort of act.

You dont really know mate its a hypothetical, it just suits your stance on him to suggest you wouldn't of made it with out him. Take him out replace him with someone else and who knows how the game goes.

Glen

Bench
I see the Paul Carige award as more of a complete panic in a big moment, rendering one incapable of completing even the most basic of rugby league plays.

The BJ award is more about being a complete grub AND being so stupid that you cannot comprehend simple and clear consequences.

Both include a healthy dose of stupidity but both awards can live on side by side for mine

Latest posts