What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs Sea Eagles

Crush

Coach
CC..might be a good man and runs hard..but his hands are killing what little momentum we create.
he needs to be dropped till he practices and gets it out of his game 99 times out of 100
Imagine if we were a semi final type side...we will drink to excess just blocking out the fear he brings with the ball in hand...watching us play a semi final.
Its a rebuild year. We know what JP brings, he's not a semi final winger at his absolute best.
Rava should use this year to correct his deficiencies. If he doesn't get on top of them by seasons end then he doesn't get selected next year, period.

BLM01

First Grade
Its a rebuild year. We know what JP brings, he's not a semi final winger at his absolute best.
Rava should use this year to correct his deficiencies. If he doesn't get on top of them by seasons end then he doesn't get selected next year, period.
Another re-building year?...how many of those in the past 9.
Not saying you are @Crush..but I'm over the Mary apologists, reviews, excuses and McWinLittle himself saying for years now...."we are improving"...now it is in small increments apparently?.."we have to learn to play for 80".."errors are killing us".."we are not at times playing up to NRL standard"
And the most recent..."our senior players let us down in the 1st half tonight"

Never held to account by anyone except supporters.
We had 2 weeks of it in the media until the club said something in a meek supportive statement...now they have gone away again as we stumble to 2 W's out of his last 4.
But we have shown improvement...just ask anyone in the media

Crush

Coach
Another re-building year?...how many of those in the past 9.
Not saying you are @Crush..but I'm over the Mary apologists, reviews, excuses and McWinLittle himself saying for years now...."we are improving"...now it is in small increments apparently?.."we have to learn to play for 80".."errors are killing us".."we are not at times playing up to NRL standard"
And the most recent..."our senior players let us down in the 1st half tonight"

Never held to account by anyone except supporters.
We had 2 weeks of it in the media until the club said something in a meek supportive statement...now they have gone away again as we stumble to 2 W's out of his last 4.
But we have shown improvement...just ask anyone in the media
Given that all hope is lost for this season the only way the coaches should look at this year now is a rebuilding year. Dont try and eek out as many wins as possible to finish higher on the ladder. At the end of the day who cares if you finish 15th or 10th.
Just focus all decisions on getting the best out of the 2021 team. Blood the young blokes. Give Rava the season to see if he can improve.
2020 is now a rebuild.
Its an opportunity.

denis preston

First Grade
Given that all hope is lost for this season the only way the coaches should look at this year now is a rebuilding year. Dont try and eek out as many wins as possible to finish higher on the ladder. At the end of the day who cares if you finish 15th or 10th.
Just focus all decisions on getting the best out of the 2021 team. Blood the young blokes. Give Rava the season to see if he can improve.
2020 is now a rebuild.
Its an opportunity.

Agree Crush but i think this bloke has no concept of rebuilding & player development. If he coaches again next year it will nearly kill the club or at least hold it back for another 5 to 7 years. I'm looking for signs that the club has done the professional thing and has appointed a successor for next year so team selections will surely give us a hint there.Also resignings & acquisitions ( jonstone not picked up a sign that Bennett is coming ? )

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
2020 is now a rebuild.
Its an opportunity.
Season isn’t gone yet though..

Hell, we turf the spud I reckon we’re a lock for the finals..

That being said, I reckon if we don’t win 2 of the next 3, it’s potentially season gone..

boardlumps62

Juniors
Agree Crush but i think this bloke has no concept of rebuilding & player development. If he coaches again next year it will nearly kill the club or at least hold it back for another 5 to 7 years. I'm looking for signs that the club has done the professional thing and has appointed a successor for next year so team selections will surely give us a hint there.Also resignings & acquisitions ( jonstone not picked up a sign that Bennett is coming ? )
If I look in the rumours thread will I see who is the next coach.

Old Timer

Coach
We just renewed Rava for 3 years so with that in mind he should play every game until season end as we have already declared him to be the future.

It is obvious that he has improved and the mistakes are much less than before so spend the rest of the season fine tuning his game.

Only time on the paddock is going to fix the flaws in his game and to his credit he has obviously worked very hard on some of them.

Now Norman is another question altogether as that lazy arsed bum needs to be dropped immediately and should never be allowed to wear the jersey again.

Season is a right off already.
Manly will offload at will, something we don't cope with during the game.
I’m backing the mighty Red V to do a number on those merkins from the Northern Beaches.

They are bashed, bruised and with dumb arse being suspended for abusing the ref, their go forward is going to take a hit.

Go forth Dragons and destroy them

BLM01

First Grade
2020 is now a rebuild.
Its an opportunity.
Sure we need to rebuild but don’t let McWinLittle Near it Or have any part in it
They rebuilt for him in 2017 and he got us half way there but now the walls have come crumbling down again he’s had his chance
I would probably also include Millward in that

BLM01

First Grade

Disagree with your Bennett theory Denis if he did not like Johnston he wouldn’t be playing in first grade and besides the reason we would’ve bawled on Johnston is that him and his player manager want fullback style money not winger money because he fancies himself to get a full back job

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Apparently we will have Host, Pereira and Tariq Sims back. I think that Host will replace Lawrie(suspended), Pereira will replace Saab and Tariq Sims will replace Korbin Sims. I would also play Sailor in place of Norman.
Team
Dufty
Pereira
Aitken
Lomax
Ravalawa
Sailor
Clune
Fuimaono
Tariq Sims
Frizell
Vaughan
Mc Innes
Kerr
Bench
Ford
Host
Korbin Sims
Hunt

redv13

Bench
How about the boof head starts Hunt at 9 and McInnes at 13 and give Hunt a real crack instead of this 50-55 min $hit??

st.phil

Bench
Hunt back into the halves to shell it to DCE - Hunt was better than Mcinnis on the weekend but you'll never hear anyone bag him, been making a lot of errors and I felt our attack was better in rds 1 and 2 before he returned. No reason why they cant interchange between going right side of the ruck (where norman has been playing and should never again) and then into dummy half.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Manly are ripe for the picking, if we don’t beat them this weekend after blowing plenty of good luck injuries and decisions wise vs Rorters and Raiders then the Mac must be sacked. Those two games plus this one are/were ripe for the picking. If we can’t beat the best teams missing a slew of their best players, depleted benches and battered from some tough games after we come off the Titans then we are never going to beat them.

George Dragon

Juniors
Manly are ripe for the picking, if we don’t beat them this weekend after blowing plenty of good luck injuries and decisions wise vs Rorters and Raiders then the Mac must be sacked. Those two games plus this one are/were ripe for the picking. If we can’t beat the best teams missing a slew of their best players, depleted benches and battered from some tough games after we come off the Titans then we are never going to beat them.
I don't care if we win this game and the next 4 Mary must be sacked.
Even if all the teams get stuck by injuries and we make the 8 Mary must be sacked.
Mary has 6 more game before he becomes our longest serving coach.
I don't want that to happen but I wonder if there is a deal in place for him.

TruSaint

Referee
I don't care if we win this game and the next 4 Mary must be sacked.
Even if all the teams get stuck by injuries and we make the 8 Mary must be sacked.
Mary has 6 more game before he becomes our longest serving coach.
I don't want that to happen but I wonder if there is a deal in place for him.

I don't care either, but I am convinced that Mary will see out the season.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Me too sadly.
Amazing how the media have gone quiet on him.
2 wins V poor teams and everything is good.
Easy to see why though..

The broncos are travelling much worse than we are, and the Sydney media love sticking it to the Queenslanders..

redv13

Bench
I don't care either, but I am convinced that Mary will see out the season.
I agree. He is safe for this season, they had the muppet on a platter and even he agreed, just needed to pull the trigger but nope couldn’t do it. If the players are fair dinkum they could win the next 3 games vs Manly, Cronulla and the dogs. That would make it 5-6 instead of 2-9..