What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

azza29

Juniors
Guess it makes sense for the Storm to play the Titans at Suncorp but surely they can play the others on the Sunshine Coast? Can't see them using AAMI Park for the Knights game on August 2nd.

sempmrh

Juniors
Guess it makes sense for the Storm to play the Titans at Suncorp but surely they can play the others on the Sunshine Coast? Can't see them using AAMI Park for the Knights game on August 2nd.
The game against the Titans clashes with a Reds game already scheduled for Suncorp Stadium. That one will likely be held at Sunshine Coast Stadium. I'm sure the club is probably split on where they want to play games - Sunshine Coast Stadium would be best for home games because it would reduce travel but if home games are played at Suncorp Stadium you could probably sell more tickets due to a larger potential capacity.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
As per the article, the Knights game is scheduled for Suncorp Stadium.

They are aiming to use Sunshine Coast Stadium for the Titans match but have yet to confirm this.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
its actually been defined as a second peak of the first wave

it cant be the second wave till we get over the first wave which we've never done, or so the medical experts are saying

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

jim_57

Staff member
Stage three is now in effect in Queensland, so crowds up to 25,000 are approved, subject to social distancing measures. I messaged suncorp stadium out of curiosity and they said that there is a few more things to work out with the authorities. So I am pretty sure that they can’t make room for 25,000 while remaining socially distant.

I asked this in the crowd watch thread but I assume the half capacity is on all stands that are open? The Titans the other day looked to have 3 stands closed from memory so the capacity would have been x% (I've lost track) of that stand yeh? I wouldn't be surpised if every club/stadium handles it differently depending on whether it is worth opening extra stands for the extra costs required.

Latest posts