What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Titans

Meth

Staff member
1- Tuivasa Sheck
2- Fusitu'a
3- Pompey
4- Herbert
5- Maumalo
6- Nikorima/Harris-Tavita
7- Green
8- Blair
9- Egan
10- Taunoa Brown
11- Murchie
12- Harris
13- Burr

Res- Hetherington, Paasi, Lawton, Harris-Tavita/Papali'i

Meth

Staff member
A couple of talking points- what did we make of Lawton's game/positioning v Broncos?

Beale had a nice touch or two and Hiku was ok in patches, but I'm generally cold on them both.

I think Blair playing at prop is crucial to get the best out of him.

I didn't think Murchie was that great last night. To be honest, I think he'll be the one heading out when Katoa is back. Tevaga is not far off either.

waipiro

Juniors
Any word on when Katoa, Jazz and Nate maybe fit to return? Fair bit of spark to add into the team there!

Penrose_11

Juniors
I don’t see Kodi playing this week. He didn’t look all that well afterwards. CHT in for him as direct swap.
Katoa was due to miss 2-3 games and that’s 2 so far, so hopefully back this week.
The big question is centre. Hiku as great on attack but mud on D.

1- Tuivasa Sheck
2- Fusitu'a
3- Herbert
4- Hiku
5- Maumalo
6- Harris-Tavita
7- Green
8- Blair
9- Egan
10- Taunoa Brown
11- Murchie
12- Katoa
13- Harris

Res- Lawton, Hetherington, Paasi and then one of Burr/ Curren/ Papali’i

waipiro

Juniors
1- Tuivasa Sheck
2- Fusitu'a
3- Herbert
4- Lawton
5- Maumalo
6- Nikorima
7- Green
8- Blair
9- Harris-Tavita
10- Taunoa Brown
11- Tevaga
12- Katoa
13- Harris

Heatherington, Paasi, Roach, Papalii
18 Murchie/Hiku?

Hov

Juniors
A couple of talking points- what did we make of Lawton's game/positioning v Broncos?

Beale had a nice touch or two and Hiku was ok in patches, but I'm generally cold on them both.

I think Blair playing at prop is crucial to get the best out of him.

I didn't think Murchie was that great last night. To be honest, I think he'll be the one heading out when Katoa is back. Tevaga is not far off either.
I liked lawton in 2nd row. He took a wee while to warm into it but got better and better. I believe his positioning early on was average and probably a contributor to Broncs first try.

Murchies effort is good but a penalty magnet. Good for a couple of 6 again sets. I think he needs a touch more pace to be more of a threat on the edge because he is powerful enough. So I would agree he gets bumped if others are coming back from injury.

waipiro

Juniors
Yesterday was his best game in Warriors colours, so that would be some omission!
Yeah he played well but not convinced he is the best hooking option we have...but happy to be corrected if he keeps playing well. If Nate can keep injury free he would be my preference....his pace should be a great asset under the new rules

Matua

Bench
I really hope Green doesn't walk early.
After one good game? I wonder if he can repeat it after not being fired this week? ;)

Wings score tries outside Hiku, for all his other faults I don't think this is up for debate, he just has an ability to put people away. I don't know Pompey's game well enough to know if he has that ability as well.

Campion

Juniors
I hope Green stays because I thought Harris-Tevita playmaking options were terrible, and even when the correct decision was taken, the execution was bad. I don't wanna ride him too harsh but he isn't up to it at least at the moment.

sup42

Juniors
Our forwards are winning the middle so I hope they stick with the Hooker that is delivering that good front foot ball.

Forwards on attack have been outstanding under the new rules, Egan delivers early ball without mucking around scooting himself, we roll down field, whats not to like.

The backs are the issue. Not a lot we can do about it. There is no one else.

I am really enjoying this season...its like the good old days, we think we are going to lose for sure and they pull off a win.

They are really up against it. It is good to get wins this year, any win is gold.

Titans will be hard. They look like they are motivated this year, and in a rebuild. A bit like the Knights when Nathan Brown took over in their first season, a little bit dangerous.

SmashEmBro

Juniors
I hope Green stays because I thought Harris-Tevita playmaking options were terrible, and even when the correct decision was taken, the execution was bad. I don't wanna ride him too harsh but he isn't up to it at least at the moment.

Poor bloke hasn't really had a fair go. Probably has been training to have a bit of hooker lately then has to play 75 min as a half at the drop of a hat.

Hell be better for the run, I thought he started to look better last year after getting a bit of an extended run there

Tongue

Juniors
Solid team named. Jazz back. CHT starting. Would have been happy with Kodi starting and CHT from the bench.

If they get up against Gold Coast, build some confidence, (get the families over), they could get on a bit of a run.

Latest posts