What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Judiciary Charges

Silent Knight

First Grade
We can’t have players using that type of language at refs, or any official. If you do, you deserve what’s coming. It sets a bad precedent for players to abuse refs at junior games leading to assault etc. we are not soccer,

Exactly, it would be open season on match officials if players could get away with verbally abusing them. Who would want to be a rugby league referee? I'm sure Dobbo from the pub reckons he could do a better job, but lets see how he copes when he has angry 100kg+ forwards in his face and thousands of fans hurling invective at him after one bad call.

If only the bogan fans would abuse the players for every dropped ball and missed tackle. I mean if we're going to vilify referees for being human, the players should be fair game as well no?

skeepe

Immortal
Fonua Blake's language was regrettable, but his frustration was completely understandable. He's facing 3 weeks? Whatever he gets suspended for, Norris and Munro should go for too. They're just as complicit in the incident.

Nah Munro did the right thing by sending it to the bunker. It’s all on Maxwell.

Meth

Staff member

The way I saw it, Munro had a perfect view of it. He could have drawn the video ref's attention to the incident. (I was watching it at the gym, so didn't hear the sound admittedly)

Also, was it Maxwell or Norrie?

Apey

Staff member
Fonua Blake's language was regrettable, but his frustration was completely understandable. He's facing 3 weeks? Whatever he gets suspended for, Norris and Munro should go for too. They're just as complicit in the incident.
Lol

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Exactly, it would be open season on match officials if players could get away with verbally abusing them. Who would want to be a rugby league referee? I'm sure Dobbo from the pub reckons he could do a better job, but lets see how he copes when he has angry 100kg+ forwards in his face and thousands of fans hurling invective at him after one bad call.

If only the bogan fans would abuse the players for every dropped ball and missed tackle. I mean if we're going to vilify referees for being human, the players should be fair game as well no?
I’m ok with the way Dce approaches the ref, but afb needs a long sit down after his abuse. You can’t do that and I reckon dessie should absolutely blast him for that.

Silent Knight

First Grade
I’m ok with the way Dce approaches the ref, but afb needs a long sit down after his abuse. You can’t do that and I reckon dessie should absolutely blast him for that.

DCE would be the benchmark for being polite and intelligible, unlike your average slobbering NRL footballer. It comes as no surprise that some neanderthal fans bristle at him when he speaks, they can't stand the fact he's educated.

betcats

Referee
It was a head clash in the way Villasanti on Fitler was a head clash.

f**k off skeepe there was nothing in it. Stick to talking about how 'unlikeable' panthers players are in every one of our game day threads you dope.

no name

Coach
Officials can’t ask the bunker to rule on a penalty.
It was nowhere near a penalty try.
On field officials tried to weasel their way out of making a tough decision and it backfired.

The Bunker f**ked up, but it shouldn’t have even got there.

blue bags

First Grade
Manly forward Addin Fonua-Blake is facing a three-match NRL ban for his verbal abuse of a referee in Sunday's loss to Newcastle.

Key points:
  • Addin Fonua-Blake was sent off after the siren for calling the referee a "f***ing genius"
  • Fonua-Blake has been issued with a grade-three contrary conduct charge
  • He apologised to the referee after the match
Fonua-Blake was sent from the field after the siren at Brookvale Oval on Sunday, following a controversial last-minute decision in the 14-12 loss.

Television audio clearly picked up the Sea Eagles prop calling referee Grant Atkins a "f***ing genius" before being marched from the field.

Fonua-Blake has been issued with a grade-three contrary conduct charge, which carries a 300-point base penalty.

It means he can reduce the suspension to two matches with an early plea.

Fonua-Blake immediately apologised after coming off the field, and again later in a statement issued by the Sea Eagles.

"Referees have a very tough job and we all need to respect their decisions even when we may not agree with them,'' Fonua-Blake said.

"I should not have let my emotions get the better of me and I am very sorry for the comments I made.

"I'd also like to offer my sincere apology to anyone offended by the regrettable language that I used.

"I let myself and my club down. That is not who I am or what this club stands for."

Sunday's incident came after Manly were angered by not being awarded a last-minute penalty when winger Tevita Funa was pushed chasing his own kick on the siren.

The play was sent to the bunker for a possible penalty try or professional foul, but video official Jared Maxwell found no wrongdoing from Knights Tex Hoy and Bradman Best.

Sea Eagles forward Martin Taupau escaped sanction for a high shot on Knights second rower Sione Mata'utia.

Meanwhile, Wests Tigers centre Joey Leilua has been charged with grade-three dangerous contact (head/neck) following his high shot on Penrith full-back Dylan Edwards in Saturday night's match at Western Sydney Stadium.

Leilua will be suspended for six weeks if found guilty, but will serve a four-match ban if he enters an early guilty plea.

AAP/ABC

Posted 8hhours ago, updated 5hhours ago

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07...ng-three-week-ban-for-referee-tirade/12424862

Grapple

Bench
calls the ref a "f***ing genius" then apologises after the match.

iu

Saxon

Bench
We can’t have players using that type of language at refs, or any official. If you do, you deserve what’s coming. It sets a bad precedent for players to abuse refs at junior games leading to assault etc. we are not soccer,
I agree wholeheartedly.
Pity Greenberg had no balls a few years ago when the Fafita boys threatened a junior ref.

blue bags

First Grade
the carefree bosses are saying the ref got it wrong, it should have been a penalty to eagles. on the sideline in the last seconds of the match