What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks Ivan

betcats

Referee
Here's the reality;

The fan was a bit of a knob.

Ivan was a bit of a knob on a national broadcast wearing Panthers gear.

Both of them were knobs.

The end

One guy gave a thumbs up and blew a kiss, one guy abused a man and his family swearing in front of his own kid. Their actions are worlds apart and many people quite enjoyed Ivans actions, not many people would condone what the fan did.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
One guy gave a thumbs up and blew a kiss, one guy abused a man and his family swearing in front of his own kid. Their actions are worlds apart and many people quite enjoyed Ivans actions, not many people would condone what the fan did.
I get your point of view, but it still looks pretty and unprofessional.

If I was there with my little bloke (he's 5,) and I was sitting in proximity to them I'd have likely given my fellow Wests fan a serve for being a pig in front of my son (and his.) And I'm not the type to get upset at swearing at the footy.

He just sounds like a guy not in control of his emotions, I'd hate to be the poor merkins dog.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
We don't have to allocate a "good guy" and a "bad guy" here. Both can be held to account or judged for their actions on their own merit.

The fan's a dickhead and has set a really poor example for his child and fellow fans, his behaviour is gross, no doubt about it.

It's also fair to say, like @sensesmaybenumbed did, no matter the provocation, that Cleary still came across looking unprofessional - while in his capacity as Penrith coach.

It doesn't mean he's worse than the dickhead yelling abuse at him, but the observation can be made :shrug:♂️

franklin2323

Immortal
Haven’t read the whole thread, but I thought the back & forth between Ivan & the fan was brilliant. Fans passion is what makes the game, he has nothing to apologise for and neither does Ivan, great theatre :thumbsup:

That and Horsburgh last week we need to see more of. Much better than the robots we see