What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

leaguelegend22

Juniors
I think we should try move heaven and earth to keep Grant. Amazing hookers are extraordinarily rare. The difference between a great (DCE) and a good halfback (Pearce) is not that much. The difference between a great and a good hooker is astounding.

In saying that, I doubt he stays. Melbourne are far too smart to let him go for an extra year of Cameron Smith, who this year is down on form. He will go back to Melbourne and kill it for a decade and we will always remember the 1 year he played for us and think 'what could have been'...

gordsy

Juniors
Mate do you just try and find a way to disagree and argue with people on every post?

I never said his skills could be "easily" replicated. I believe they can be replicated though. Simpkin is a young talent who through hard work and by learning off the likes off Harry and working with Robbie could develop into a star of his own. You do realize in your analogy that you are comparing Harry Grant to that of an immortal right? How ridiculous lol.
Only with dopes you like you champ who post shit. Simpkins can study footy at Harvard with Seebs till he is blue in the face. nothing beats in game learning under pressure. Right now Simpkins is not getting that. Skill, talent and consistency are not easily replicated, hence why we have 8 Immortals not 457.

Tigerm

First Grade
I think we should try move heaven and earth to keep Grant. Amazing hookers are extraordinarily rare. The difference between a great (DCE) and a good halfback (Pearce) is not that much. The difference between a great and a good hooker is astounding.

In saying that, I doubt he stays. Melbourne are far too smart to let him go for an extra year of Cameron Smith, who this year is down on form. He will go back to Melbourne and kill it for a decade and we will always remember the 1 year he played for us and think 'what could have been'...
Never say never, cause you never know what is going to happen:joy:

welcome back

leaguelegend22

Juniors
Never say never, cause you never know what is going to happen:joy:

welcome back

Wise words Tigerm - supporting this rollercoaster of a club for decades has made me quite the cynic! I was trying to explain it to a lovely woman giving me a massage the other week but it seemed as if she was preoccupied with other things! :p

leaguelegend22

Juniors
It always seems as if we are slow to pick up bargain basement buys - the Cronulla Sutherland Scumbags noticed they were light on in the backs a month ago having sold Josh Morris, and promptly bought Nene Macdonald (a rather unsavoury gent, but talented player) and journeyman Bryson Goodwin (brother in law of former Tigers plodder Joel Reddy AKA Joel Prepared).

Us on the other hand, released Corey Thompson for no reason (he wasn't unhappy or off contract or in high demand), we have no juniors in the outside backs, leaving us very prone to injury/suspension concerns. Now BJ is suspended and the human SLUG Bob Jennings is injured. Now we probably have to call Matthew Reick back from the mines in Maitland to play on the wing for us!

Where is the roster management?! Get smart Madge!

gordynz

Juniors
Only with dopes you like you champ who post shit. Simpkins can study footy at Harvard with Seebs till he is blue in the face. nothing beats in game learning under pressure. Right now Simpkins is not getting that. Skill, talent and consistency are not easily replicated, hence why we have 8 Immortals not 457.
What's wrong with me saying "Maybe Simpkin is progessing nicely"? What I'm basically saying is I hope Simpkin is watching and learning from these blokes around him and doing the best out of this situation. Theres more to progression than just playing games you f**king moron. Hes only 18 years old, he'll be making plenty of improvements and naturally developing as he spends more time with the full time squad.

If you're gonna reply at least argue against what I actually said as opposed to making shit up. Both of your posts you're trying to quote me on things I didnt even say.

Tigerm

First Grade
Wise words Tigerm - supporting this rollercoaster of a club for decades has made me quite the cynic! I was trying to explain it to a lovely woman giving me a massage the other week but it seemed as if she was preoccupied with other things! :p
Yes, woman worry about little things to ensure a happy ending, don't they:eek:

The unknown

Juniors
We are reportedly in the hunt to sign Bulldogs discard Corey Harawira-Narea. That would be a huge coup, although pretty shit what he did I’m sure he’s learnt his lesson by now..

Also Bulldogs are interested in signing MCK so that’s another dud off the list

WA Tiger

Bench
We are reportedly in the hunt to sign Bulldogs discard Corey Harawira-Narea. That would be a huge coup, although pretty shit what he did I’m sure he’s learnt his lesson by now..
I don’t know ...Seems like a lot of fuss because they went to school? So what ...Maybe a little precious for effect by NRL...I mean the girls were legal tender...gave consent and ???
I can think of a lot worse scenarios
Sign him up. Loose forward AND centre
I’m expecting a big lecture from someone now but I think it had to be said.

Last edited:

gordsy

Juniors

Also Bulldogs are interested in signing MCK so that’s another dud off the list
We have a lack of depth and players who have game time at the moment. Not sure punting MCK is wise

I mean the girls were legal tender..
Geez mate, they aren't cattle or currency to be bartered.

WA Tiger

Bench
We have a lack of depth and players who have game time at the moment. Not sure punting MCK is wise

Geez mate, they aren't cattle or currency to be bartered.
Fair enough. OK “They were legally able to have sex with these two females as long as the two females were of legal age and they gave consent” Both requirements have been met. Good luck to them

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
MCK has been great at times for us but he looks ordinary so far this year. CHN can be a beast.

Still we lost Corey and we could do with his support now.

The unknown

Juniors
I don’t know ...Seems like a lot of fuss because they went to school? So what ...Maybe a little precious for effect by NRL...I mean the girls were legal tender...gave consent and ???
I can think of a lot worse scenarios
Sign him up. Loose forward AND centre
I’m expecting a big lecture from someone now but I think it had to be said.

The nail in the coffin was the fact it was a bulldogs education day at a school in mudgee(? I think) as professional athletes surely they can just keep their dicks in their pants for the trip.

Tiger05

First Grade
The nail in the coffin was the fact it was a bulldogs education day at a school in mudgee(? I think) as professional athletes surely they can just keep their dicks in their pants for the trip.

It was completely unprofessional. I'm still fine with signing the guy. He is probably scum but I'm not his friend.

Fordy20

Juniors
Do we even know if the NRL will allow us to register a contract for CHN given it was them who deregistered him in the first place? Also, if we are going to punt MCK of CHN, can we at least make sure we have CHN stitched up first before we release MCK? I don't want another repeat of the Thompson/Saab debacle.

The unknown

Juniors
Do we even know if the NRL will allow us to register a contract for CHN given it was them who deregistered him in the first place? Also, if we are going to punt MCK of CHN, can we at least make sure we have CHN stitched up first before we release MCK? I don't want another repeat of the Thompson/Saab debacle.

I believe it would be for next year. 1 year punishment is probably enough, the kid would’ve learnt his lesson by now

WA Tiger

Bench
I’ve been searching for half an hour for the post that said Lucy would be a good captain...I give up but yip I would agree

Re Corey Harawira-Narea, is it the right Bulldog (or former Bulldog in his case)?

Benji Marshall is set to be overlooked for a fourth straight week as the Wests Tigers become the latest club to show interest in injured Bulldogs lock forward Adam Elliott.

While it remains to be seen if Marshall plays on beyond this season, the Tigers have made early inquiries about Elliott for 2021.

Elliott dislocated his shoulder in the final five minutes against Souths on Sunday night, and scans on Monday have indicated he will now likely need surgery.

There remains a good chance he has played his last game for the Bulldogs.

Elliott was hoping to avoid going under the knife and returning in six to eight weeks. He was also keen to give himself a shot at a NSW Origin bench spot, especially with Victor Radley's season-ending knee injury opening up an opportunity for a middle forward.

The Herald can reveal Elliott injured the same shoulder six weeks ago when he heard a 'pop' as he slipped on a mat during a wrestling session.

Yet the off-contract Elliott wanted to give his all to help the Dogs climb up the NRL ladder while also putting himself in the shop window with rival clubs.

Having watched Josh Jackson and Kieran Foran and former top Dog James Graham all defy pain only inspired Elliott to keep going.

Canberra have discussed Elliott internally and briefly flirted with the idea of trying to sign him before the August 3 transfer deadline because of the amount of injuries to their forwards.

Raiders coach Ricky Stuart has long been a fan of Elliott who grew up on the south coast.

St George Illawarra have also been linked to Elliott with Tyson Frizell to depart for Newcastle and the uncertainty surrounding the future of Jack de Belin.

Elliott's preference is so stay in Sydney where he has settled down with partner Robyn and their newborn son, Lennex.

Maguire loves players who are tough and are not afraid of hard work and Elliott falls into that category.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/be...erest-in-injured-bulldog-20200706-p559hc.html

Re Corey Harawira-Narea, the winger from the Bulldogs is going to court to appeal his dismissal from the Bulldogs, Im sure I heard or read that it was the Dogs that flicked them not the NRL.

Latest posts