What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upcoming Games Thread

nöyd

Staff member
ChbF.gif

Eelectrica

Referee
Liking the Baldurs Gate 3 reveal. Enhanced DOS engine.
I like that it's turn based. I've played all or most of the RTWP games, but turn based combat just makes more sense.
Some of my favorite gaming moments have been in turn based games like X-com.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Liking the Baldurs Gate 3 reveal. Enhanced DOS engine.
I like that it's turn based. I've played all or most of the RTWP games, but turn based combat just makes more sense.
Some of my favorite gaming moments have been in turn based games like X-com.

It looks really good. If I had one issue with Divinity, it was that I just didn't care about the world/setting. I'm all on board for a similar experience using the D&D 5E ruleset and a setting I know.

Xcalibre

Juniors
The Last of Us pt. 2 has a new release date of June 19. I thought it was something like that before. Oh well it’s good. When they changed it to tba a month ago I thought it was going to be delayed a long time.

Ghost of Tsushima is coming July 17. I’ve preordered the collector’s edition :ok_hand:

Both games are PS4 exclusives.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I've got Last of Us pre-ordered with JB. I think this might be the one year in history where pre-ordering is worthwhile and meaningful. It wouldn't surprise me at all if there was supply issues this year because of My Corona.

Vic Mackey

Referee
The Last of Us pt. 2 has a new release date of June 19. I thought it was something like that before. Oh well it’s good. When they changed it to tba a month ago I thought it was going to be delayed a long time.

Ghost of Tsushima is coming July 17. I’ve preordered the collector’s edition :ok_hand:

Both games are PS4 exclusives.

Looking forward to both but think GOT looks amazing. I’ve wanted an open world game set in Ancient Japan for ages, surprising the setting hasn’t been used previously. Nioh was ok but this looks top shelf

Zoidberg

First Grade
Still waiting for something about Marvel’s The Avengers to impress me. I’ve started hyping myself a little bit lately as I’ve just played Marvel’s Spider-man and really enjoyed that, and I’m thinking Marvel is nothing but good quality lately so they won’t let this be bad.
So I guess I’m hoping Avengers will be as fun as Spidey but I’m yet to see anything from the game to make me believe that.

Exsilium

First Grade
For those Star Wars fans who played X-Wing v Tie Fighter back in the day, you will likely get excited over the new Star Wars Sqaudron trailer.

I’ve heard there will be a VR option which ties in great for me. I just rebuilt my PC to suit 4K and VR gaming.

Danish

Referee
Still waiting for something about Marvel’s The Avengers to impress me. I’ve started hyping myself a little bit lately as I’ve just played Marvel’s Spider-man and really enjoyed that, and I’m thinking Marvel is nothing but good quality lately so they won’t let this be bad.
So I guess I’m hoping Avengers will be as fun as Spidey but I’m yet to see anything from the game to make me believe that.

Hopefully they keep my FAVOURITE part of spiderman and include plenty of non-superhero side missions...

My main concern is that it seems clear they will be forcibly making you play as all the avengers at various stages throughout the game. Who honestly sees any situation where playing as hawkeye or black widow is going to be useful compared to playing as iron man, thor, or hulk?

Danish

Referee
Tony Hawk pro Pro skater 1&2 remaster.

Looks great, can't wait to play all over again.

If you preorder you get early access to the warehouse.

I've been an Xbox guy for ages but I bought a PS4 specifically to play this game (had the originals on PS1 so have a lot of muscle memory for this game on the PS-style controller)

Vic Mackey

Referee
Far Cry 6

Setting is based on Cuba, apparently more Urban then previous FC games which will be interesting

I was hesitant with 5 as I thought Montana would be a bit boring compared to Kyrat but the world was amazing and they upped the gameplay so much from 3&4

Zoidberg

First Grade
Outriders.
Anybody else play the demo?
It seems very unfinished. Gameplay is pretty fun but the polish is lacking, especially in cut scenes with audio not in sync and some glitches with NPC interactions.
Was gonna but this on release but now I’m more likely to wait for reviews and/or a sale.

Eelectrica

Referee
Getting on board the War Hammer 3 hype train.
I still not sure what Warhammer is all about other than Tolkien on crack. Picked up WH1 and 2 on sale a little while ago and they were fun. Might get on board day one this time.

Latest posts