What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cody Ramsey

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Based on what I saw of Cody Ramsey on highlight reels and the Nines he is an exciting player like Langlands and Goodwin. Our pathetic backline of the past 9 years is looking better now with Dufty and Lomax in form and Ramsey to come along with the Feagais. Even Aitken is playing better. Hopefully Lafai will move on. We should not waste money on wingers as the talent is there.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Ramsey is an exciting prospect with fantastic attacking flair and speed.

However, can he defend?

If not, then we basically have Dufty II.

Whilst I'm eargerly waiting his entry into 1st grade, a game is made up of attack and defense. I've yet to see his defensive capabilities.

st.phil

Bench

However, can he defend?

Whilst I'm eargerly waiting his entry into 1st grade, a game is made up of attack and defense. I've yet to see his defensive capabilities.
From the little i have seen, yes. Similar build and athleticism to Ponga - plus has mongrel which, size aside, Dufty aint got

hazzbeen

Bench
I don't get the , great attacking players , but can they defend ? Can great defending players but can they attack ? With a good game plan , good coach attacking players are your point scoring machines ..... If you out score the opposition you win ..... You need these sort of players to be able to score from anywhere on the field , to get you back from defeat ...... Take Dufty out of the side , even with his mistakes we have nothing in attack .....

Last edited:

possm

Coach

However, can he defend?

It is now time that we recruit players to fill in the gaps of our backline to the level we had in 2009-2011.
1. For Boyd - Ramsey - Junior
2. For B Morris - Feagai - Junior
3. For Gasnier - Lomax
4. For Cooper - New recruit
5. For Nightingale - Saab
6. For Soward - Dufty
7. For Hornby - Clune

I'm working on the theory that we have some really good young juniors coming through and now is the time to let them have a go; our season is gone so we have nothing to lose. So yes they are all young and relatively inexperienced but come season's end we have to know who to keep for first grade and who to replace.
1. Ramsey to fullback, Dufty to five-eighth.
2. Feagai to left-wing, Ravalawa and Pereira to reserve grade
3. Lomax to stay, Aitken to go.
4. New replacement, Lafai to go, Williame to reserve grade
5. Saab to stay
6. Dufty to 6, Norman to Warriors swap for a prop
7. Clune to stay, Hunt to Broncos swap with D Fifita

redv13

Bench
It is now time that we recruit players to fill in the gaps of our backline to the level we had in 2009-2011.
3. For Gasnier - Lomax
6. For Soward - Dufty
7. For Hornby - Clune

I'm working on the theory that we have some really good young juniors coming through and now is the time to let them have a go; our season is gone so we have nothing to lose. So yes they are all young and relatively inexperienced but come season's end we have to know who to keep for first grade and who to replace.
5. Saab to stay
Who are we swapping our 900k 5/8 for?? Which prop?? This Hunt to Brisbane swap for D Fifita is your new baby I see with zero chance of happening. Broncos won’t let him walk no way!

possm

Coach
Who are we swapping our 900k 5/8 for?? Which prop?? This Hunt to Brisbane swap for D Fifita is your new baby I see with zero chance of happening. Broncos won’t let him walk no way!
Fifita's contract is up at the end of this season. The Titans are reported to be in the box seat to sign him because Brisbane can't afford him under their salary cap. If Millward can't win a battle with the Titans for his services, he should be sacked.

A first-grade prop to replace Graham is what we need, not a reserve grade prop. So Norman with the appropriate cash adjustment would be a good way to go.

The task is to get rid of our dead-wood by the end of this season. Some of these players are off contract, are going or are already gone. Others are not so easy to off-load so, in my opinion we need to swap them with other clubs if possible.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Fifita's contract is up at the end of this season. The Titans are reported to be in the box seat to sign him because Brisbane can't afford him under their salary cap. If Millward can't win a battle with the Titans for his services, he should be sacked.

A first-grade prop to replace Graham is what we need, not a reserve grade prop. So Norman with the appropriate cash adjustment would be a good way to go.

The task is to get rid of our dead-wood by the end of this season. Some of these players are off contract, are going or are already gone. Others are not so easy to off-load so, in my opinion we need to swap them with other clubs if possible.

I heard he may re-sign with the Broncos.

SnowDragon

Juniors
You can bring in young guys in 2 ways,
1) mate your going to get a taste of first grade (ie a game here and there to fill in, so when they are ready it is less of a jump, and they can fill in when injuries bite)
2) mate, we will give you time, this is what we want you to work on (get used to combos with the hope the guy is a long term prospect you want to develop into the side now)

this “he performed shit in 1 or 2 games, he isn’t the real deal, let’s replace him with the next young talent” approach is BS. It damages their growth, and doesn’t find out if they are a talent or not.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
You can bring in young guys in 2 ways,
1) mate your going to get a taste of first grade (ie a game here and there to fill in, so when they are ready it is less of a jump, and they can fill in when injuries bite)
2) mate, we will give you time, this is what we want you to work on (get used to combos with the hope the guy is a long term prospect you want to develop into the side now)

this “he performed shit in 1 or 2 games, he isn’t the real deal, let’s replace him with the next young talent” approach is BS. It damages their growth, and doesn’t find out if they are a talent or not.
That’s the approach he’s giving Saab no wonder he wants to leave. He give Rava plenty of time when he made fg even though he dropped a fair bit of ball. Saab looked a lot better to me last week.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I agree but we should still put a hefty offer in. If for nothing else it might jack up his price and make the Broncs have to squeeze out a player like Coates.

Dragonsamy

Bench
I don't get the , great attacking players , but can they defend ? Can great defending players but can they attack ? With a good game plan , good coach attacking players are your point scoring machines ..... If you out score the opposition you win ..... You need these sort of players to be able to score from anywhere on the field , to get you back from defeat ...... Take Dufty out of the side , even with his mistakes we have nothing in attack .....

Hazz.
Well put.
But I think lomax has plenty to offer as well.
Dufty is going great.
Always remember guys like Nathan Blacklock not the world's greatest Defender but won us many a game never forget how he tore the Tigers apart at Leichhardt score 4 tries when the game was lost and won it for us absolute legend in my mind.

thebigredv

First Grade

5. Saab to stay

Like this.

Gareth67

First Grade
3. For Gasnier - Lomax
6. For Soward - Dufty
7. For Hornby - Clune

5. Saab to stay

I would make a couple of changes to your list possum however all in all it’s quite good .

The main point I do agree with you is that the young brigade should be given the opportunity to negotiate the hazards of top grade NRL ( and only by so doing will we know if they are indeed capable of going onto bigger and better things ) more so should the Dragons not bring home the two competition points this weekend .

Dragonslayer

First Grade
The D. Fifita case is a complicated one and there are a few factors in play, one being he wants to stay in Queensland, the other his fallout with his current manager. Hence is desire to only commit to a 1yr deal.

It isn't about the $$ per se, and more about the amount he has to pay to the manager, again the 1yr deal scenario.

It's still my opinion he will re-sign with the Broncos due to the above.
The Titans will have to wait 'till November to possibly get their man.

As for the Dragons, I doubt we are even in the frame.

redv13

Bench
The D. Fifita case is a complicated one and there are a few factors in play, one being he wants to stay in Queensland, the other his fallout with his current manager. Hence is desire to only commit to a 1yr deal.

It isn't about the $$ per se, and more about the amount he has to pay to the manager, again the 1yr deal scenario.

It's still my opinion he will re-sign with the Broncos due to the above.
The Titans will have to wait 'till November to possibly get their man.

As for the Dragons, I doubt we are even in the frame.
We’re zero chance no matter how much possm tells us

Latest posts