What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs the Sharks

GongPanther

Referee
I think we go MWZ next up. Followed by Burns..Hopefully Burton is playing some centre in the training drills
Just saw that on DT site. Just hope he leaves behind the derp in him which his brother showed on the weekend.

For us, potentially this is just as a losable game as any. We need to shore up our middle defence...sometimes it looks very fractured. The past two games could have been very different with WT having numerous injuries, and Souths game was marked by Mitchells poor handling.

I'd like to see us winning convincingly without an air of doubt behind the opposition's valid excuses.

Last edited:

pantherz9103

First Grade
A little worried about the long term loss of To'o. Let's be honest MWZ is pretty average compared to him.

Meanwhile Sharks have piled on the points the past couple of weeks but against a depleted Manly and the Titans. They usually try to ambush us early and that's how they've historically beaten us but we are a different side this year with our defence, so hopefully they won't be able to.

The to’o loss is rough, he has been having a great year.
Whare in centre Naden to wing is obvious but if we loose any more who would be coming through?
Wingers : Staines
Centres : Cartwright, Burns ?
Burton is obviously looking for time, is he a realistic choice in the centres?

I think Burton is realistic at centre. We know he’s been training there, and he’s a big body.

Cartwright & Burns would be very defensive moves at centre.

Panthers coach Ivan Cleary has named his side to face Cronulla Sharks at Jubilee Stadium on Saturday.

Dean Whare returns at centre while Brent Naden replaces Brian To'o on the wing, after the Samoan international suffered a serious ankle injury in the win over Wests Tigers.

Please note this fixture is a Sharks home game and due to reduced stadium capacity it is unlikely tickets will be made available to Panthers supporters.

The Panthers will wear the pink 2020 Alternate Jersey.

1. Dylan EDWARDS - sponsored by CC Tyres Penrith
2. Josh MANSOUR - sponsored by MKJ Projects
3. Dean WHARE - sponsored by Potter Automotive
4. Stephen CRICHTON - sponsored by Penrith Toyota
5. Brent NADEN - sponsored by Soneta Plumbing
6. Jarome LUAI - sponsored by Hertz
7. Nathan CLEARY - sponsored by Chemtools
8. James TAMOU (c) - sponsored by Protech Locksmiths
9. Api KOROISAU - sponsored by Cetnaj Wetherill Park
10. James FISHER-HARRIS - sponsored by Chardon & Abbott Home Loans
11. Viliame KIKAU - sponsored by Hix Group
12. Liam MARTIN - sponsored by AMA Event Management
13. Isaah YEO - sponsored by Casella Express

14. Tyrone MAY - sponsored by Signace
15. Zane TETEVANO - sponsored by Wisdom Denture and Dental Clinic
16. Moses LEOTA - sponsored by Fornari's Interior Linings
17. Billy BURNS - sponsored by Wright Way Plumbing & Civil
18. Mitch KENNY - sponsored by Stylus Blinds
19. Malakai WATENE-ZELEZNIAK - sponsored by Southlands Estate Agents
20. Spencer LENIU - sponsored by OAK Plus
21. Charlie STAINES - sponsored by Brightside Music

Burton must be already gone........nice development Panthers its why you excist .

Must admit, I’m starting to fear we will lose him. Young guys don’t have a heap of patience anymore. Would be a big mistake not to try and get him in the team somewhere. With his skills & calm head, I think he can make a go of other positions.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
There were weeks when Naden went missing from the teamlists.

It could be a rotating of players in the top squad as a number of new players brought in like Spence and Charlie Staines.

Zampaa

Juniors
Wether Burton is in the 21 or not, he's not playing, so who cares?
We have injured backs, so it's better to stack the reserves with useful players, and not a third 5/8.

Jane Murray

Bench
We have injured backs, so it's better to stack the reserves with useful players, and not a third 5/8.
I care. It would be a travesty if Matt Burton is lost to the Panthers.

People keep saying he’s just a 5/8, he’s not. He played on the wing only a few years ago. I’m almost certain he could do a better job than MWZ .

WestyLife

First Grade
Cool. MWZ and Staines before one of the best talents at the club.

giphy.gif

Jane Murray

Bench
Yeah it would be a real shame to lose our reserve grade half when luai and Cleary are killing it.
Nice sarcasm. Burton has, apparently, been training in the centre, fullback, and lock positions, if this is true, then play him there.

WestyLife

First Grade
Nice sarcasm. Burton has, apparently, been training in the centre, fullback, and lock positions, if this is true, then play him there.

The fact he isn't in the 21 and his contract negotiations start this year I'd say we just developed one of the best backline players of the modern game for someone to use against us.