What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Valentine Holmes NFL career

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Teddy still gets the 1 for Green and Gold his only peer, RTS.

Our fullback hurt his hamstring just reading this.

AJB1102

First Grade
Na the bet would be if Val is picked over Ponga.

Mal prefered Val to Dugan @ 1.

Val is no Teddy.

Taking that bet? 42 interweb points.

Ponga > Holmes.

Fullback for QLD if both fit.

Shifting the goal posts. You originally said he won't make QLD fullback. No time frame specified.

Teddy still gets the 1 for Green and Gold his only peer, RTS.

Our fullback hurt his hamstring just reading this.

Well I'll guarantee Teddy or even Corey Thompson will be ahead of RTS for an Aussie jumper.

Our fullback was already thinking of excuses to shirk it. Hamstring just convenient and it's worked before.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Shifting the goal posts. You originally said he won't make QLD fullback. No time frame specified.
Correct will qualify. Swept my broom to wide.

Is not Queensland's best fullback, injury plays a part.

But will take the bet Ponga is prefered for the length of thier career.

Our fullback was already thinking of excuses to shirk it. Hamstring just convenient and it's worked before.

Val is probably better than ours. Sad for us, durable for sure, dependable on the field, few errors, quality in many places.

But Barba is far, far better, on the field @ fullback.

Ponga is far better.

Holmes is a far superior winger to both.

Horses and courses.

His brother in law made hooker of the decade....anything is possible.

AJB1102

First Grade
Correct will qualify. Swept my broom to wide.

Is not Queensland's best fullback, injury plays a part.

But will take the bet Ponga is prefered for the length of thier career.

haha fair enough and currently I'll agree Ponga > Val.

I reckon he'll push him by 2021. Val a lot more durable and he's already had his flirt with other codes, Ponga's is yet to come.

Val is probably better than ours. Sad for us, durable for sure, dependable on the field, few errors, quality in many places.

But Barba is far, far better, on the field @ fullback.

Ponga is far better.

Holmes is a far superior winger to both.

Horses and courses.

His brother in law made hooker of the decade....anything is possible.

No doubt he's better than pea heart no hamstrings Moylan. Better than Dugan too. Barba not worth mentioning.

lol yep his 5/8, fullback bro in law did well on that. Maybe Val could snare prop or backrower of the next decade given his strong runs on kick return.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
FTR I am not unhappy the bloke is earning a quid playing.

Good for him.

Cincinnati Bengals payed $188.2 million for thier players to lose every game this season.

Does not bother me he went back to Townsville.

I rate him as winger and slot receiver.

Not a fullback or running back.

Get a cyclone proof house.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
There will be a cyclone within the length of Valentines contract...

Do not take that bet.

T-Boon

Coach
I would say that I know the most about American football in this forum (some know their particular NFL team player names better) and I have been quoted as saying that Val would not make it in the NFL. He didn't even come close and his decision to try was childish. He just isn't very fast or have any other assets that would have been valued.
I don't know League very well these days but I predict his comeback to the NRL will take at least a year and he was never all that good anyway so he will end up playing another 3 years then head to England.

davi

Juniors
Weve got enough non fullbacks wanting fullback money.

Enjoy cows

Paul Green has announced Valentine Holmes will be moving to the wing this week. Surprise Surprise, not. He's the best winger in the world. It's a shame money dictates what positions players want to play. To be fair though Holmes has shown flashes at fullback this year. He hasn't been all bad.

Cowboys recruit axed as fullback in favour of young gun Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow for North Queensland’s clash with the Sydney Roosters in Townsville on Thursday night.

In a sign no one is a selection untouchable at North Queensland, Cowboys coach Paul Green has relegated Origin and Test sensation Holmes to the wing – clearing the fullback path for the teenage whiz-kid known as Hammer.

Holmes was hailed as the fullback matchwinner who could propel the Cowboys back into title contention when he aborted his NFL dream and signed a mega $5 million deal in November to return to the NRL.

But after just six games in his preferred No.1 jumper, Holmes has been shunted to the flanks, with the exciting Tabuai-Fidow to oppose Roosters maestro James Tedesco in a thrilling backfield duel at Queensland Country Bank Stadium.

“Val has played some big games on the wing in State of Origin so that’s the thinking behind it.”

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...g/news-story/7eb2711662e72125a64e9136640adb04

I guess Holmes isn’t feeling homesick anymore.

He’s just feeling sick knowing the Cowboys spent a million a season for him to be a superstar and now they just see him as a winger.

lol.

Wizardman

First Grade
I guess Holmes isn’t feeling homesick anymore.

He’s just feeling sick knowing the Cowboys spent a million a season for him to be a superstar and now they just see him as a winger.

lol.
I find it amusing the the cows have put up the white flag with him. It is the right move though as the Hammer has shown more there.