What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 9 vs Rabbitohs @ Bankwest Stadium

Who will win? Round 9: Rabbitohs v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pezz70

Juniors
Hoffman’s 187 and 93 kg so similar to AD (actually just checked Doueihi 1.9m, anyway) and first impression yes skinny as a rake....( I don’t know anything about the guy except I read some definite positive comments about him back a bit)...Although - at least he’s a centre and they must have got him for a reason ...I see Madge debuting/playing Talau over Jennings & Momo over Marsters way too late so to me his non selection doesn’t tell me he shouldn’t be in the team. My question is how good does a new kid have to be or how bad does the person that takes his spot have to be before the kid gets a debut.
Madge used to be famous for spotting and bringing on new blood at Souths? Now he just refuses to do it.Even when a golden opportunity arises..It’s all in the timing Madge. As has been the case with many great debutants.

And if he’s worried about Talau being nervous coz he’s new he’s dreaming and if he was, cheekham isn’t going to fix that. And new blood can mean new life as well.

Watched Hoffman in Canterbury cup a couple of times last year. Didn’t look to have a lot going for him to be brutal, but maybe be worth giving a run or two, I really think we’re out of contention this year but i do think we are starting to look ok for next year so giving the young blokes a taste in a reasonably competitive side, when they are mostly playing well is a good idea. We might have to start looking to give Simpkin a run too, given that’s it highly unlikely Grant will be staying. Momorovski looks to be going ok for Melbourne too which can only be a plus.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I like that it's just BJ swapping with MCK and no other nonsense with shuffling around. Hopefully Lucy, Mbye and McIntyre are 100% fit

I honestly reckon we would have beaten Penrith if McIntyre and Lucy hadn't gotten injured

Trollhammaren

Juniors
I did see a stat somewhere that MCK has only missed two tackles all season (can't source it sadly). Granted one was monumentally costly, but gives a bit more false hope perhaps.

I just think we have Souths covered for grit and heart, so have faith we'll get the chocolates.

I liked the first half of your post before u added the second half about Madge not accepting any excuses and the mini cab but great idea re Lawrence And you can only pick one number for dropped passes.

I am totally fine with a dislike.

I am pleased with our new direction, we have to do something to beat top 8 sides or we aren’t open for business.

I said at the start of the year, we are light on glamour and the only way forward this year is a strong whole of squad effort. And I’m seeing that unfold. That defensive stanza last week was great footy and the field goal was a tribute to no way through.

I was both surprised and thrilled that we were in the game v the explosive Panthers outfit, and it’s cliche, but we made the errors, more than they won the game.

I don’t see any reason not to enjoy the new rough house style, no weeping for players who don’t make the cut. We will see how it unfolds.

But I’m glad for Madge shaking the squad down and being as ruthless as selections permit. There’s no other way through, we have to do something to lift now and not at the end of the season. It may not work in the long run, but let’s have a go.

Rowdy ok 3 dropped balls.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
I just think we have Souths covered for grit and heart, so have faith we'll get the chocolates.

I think Souths have the classiest backline in the comp and if they click they are going to be a force. I reckon we've been great since coming back from the break but I reckon we are in trouble in this game.

BJ is a moron because we need him out there. Maybe MCK will do the job but I have no confidence in his defense.

I think Souths have the classiest backline in the comp and if they click they are going to be a force. I reckon we've been great since coming back from the break but I reckon we are in trouble in this game.

BJ is a moron because we need him out there. Maybe MCK will do the job but I have no confidence in his defense.

They have a glamour squad for sure, talent as far as the eye can see.

But mentally they will try to play our game.

There was Cody kicking that guy in the street, thinks he’s a tough.

Someone needs to level him out for bringing the game into disrepute off-campus.

WA Tiger

Bench
I am totally fine with a dislike.

I am pleased with our new direction, we have to do something to beat top 8 sides or we aren’t open for business.

I said at the start of the year, we are light on glamour and the only way forward this year is a strong whole of squad effort. And I’m seeing that unfold. That defensive stanza last week was great footy and the field goal was a tribute to no way through.

I was both surprised and thrilled that we were in the game v the explosive Panthers outfit, and it’s cliche, but we made the errors, more than they won the game.

I don’t see any reason not to enjoy the new rough house style, no weeping for players who don’t make the cut. We will see how it unfolds.

But I’m glad for Madge shaking the squad down and being as ruthless as selections permit. There’s no other way through, we have to do something to lift now and not at the end of the season. It may not work in the long run, but let’s have a go.

Rowdy ok 3 dropped balls.

I new u wouldn’t mind. That’s what I like about u, your not too precious...

3 dropped balls recorded...

Tiger05

First Grade
They have a glamour squad for sure, talent as far as the eye can see.

But mentally they will try to play our game.

There was Cody kicking that guy in the street, thinks he’s a tough.

Someone needs to level him out for bringing the game into disrepute off-campus.

Maybe we can roll them in the forwards and just go at them hard. I hope we do.

WA Tiger

Bench
Reynolds sounds pretty confident for a player who could be playing his last game for a while if a bomb drops this weekend.Prob best if he stays humble until he’s performing / winning games for us first and then consistently ...I’ll still always hope we win of course but I do enjoy the side stories in all sport.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Reynolds sounds pretty confident for a player who could be playing his last game for a while if a bomb drops this weekend.Prob best if he stays humble until he’s performing / winning games for us first and then consistently ...I’ll still always hope we win of course but I do enjoy the side stories in all sport.
Would you prefer he cowers in a corner shaking like a leaf?
Why will it be last game for a while?
I think Benji will be back, but Josh has to be given a run, if you replace every player for there mistakes, you will need a bigger roster.

Perhaps Grub won't be there on Saturday ?

Are there mixed messages coming out of Tigertown? Players playing games.

Before the team announcement Mybe stated that Benji will be back, Brooks has stated that Benji will be back as well.

Then today,
NRL Early Mail: Benji lets slip over end to Tigers exile on foxsports.com.au !! He wouldn't be letting it slip if it was next week or the week after would he?
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/6a12f1d528357b204efcd40ea760de69

The NRL site states,
Veteran playmaker Benji Marshall was seen training with the starting team earlier this week, fuelling speculation he will be elevated from the reserves.

Tigerm

First Grade
Perhaps Grub won't be there on Saturday ?

Are there mixed messages coming out of Tigertown? Players playing games.

Before the team announcement Mybe stated that Benji will be back, Brooks has stated that Benji will be back as well.

Then today,
NRL Early Mail: Benji lets slip over end to Tigers exile on foxsports.com.au !! He wouldn't be letting it slip if it was next week or the week after would he?
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/6a12f1d528357b204efcd40ea760de69

The NRL site states,
Veteran playmaker Benji Marshall was seen training with the starting team earlier this week, fuelling speculation he will be elevated from the reserves.
Yeah, I read those items, not sure what to make of it, maybe they may be looking to replace BJ with either him or JR.

Vozzy

Juniors
If there was ever a game where Brooks needs to be the best half on the night and not go missing this is it. He is probably up against a guy who has the best kicking game and a guy who has one of the best running games. This is a game where he needs to be the man.

He can talk about the attack not being as good without Benji well it's up to him not a 36 year old Benji.

WA Tiger

Bench
It was quite an admission from Brookes wasn’t it re “we need Benji coz he has the X factor” I admired him for saying that - at least he was honest for a change. He seemed to be turning on his motor last week hopefully this game he can flick the switch and really have an mpact as we have seen him do before.

This game is just SO ridiculously important for the team and for Madge ..both teams on 8 points for 8th and 9th position and for Madge as ongoing Coach. Let’s hope he / they get it right.

Weather or not Benji plays, Brookes is the key to us cracking the 8 and better this year

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
I wish Brookes would attempt the repeat set kick more instead of the high ball from 30-40 out despite the 7 tackle risk and prob more chance of a fumble at times? Spend half a day practicing them and surely he can nail most of them. There’s just no pressure with Brookes high ball. And the catcher gets better and better at catching it...From memory he was more accurate with the long repeat set kick than the short..

Last edited:

Latest posts