What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket Crap

TheParraboy

Staff member
I did exactly the same shot (missed it by a mile) on a first baller, and bowled middle stump on a yorker

We needed like 50 to win off 10 ball is my defence , was 9 sixers short of being the hero..

Last edited:

TheParraboy

Staff member
oh dear

https://crickettimes.com/2020/07/sr...-the-2011-world-cup-final-fixing-accusations/

Sri Lanka orders criminal investigation on the 2011 World Cup final fixing accusations
JULY 1, 2020 BY AKSHAT GAUR

Sri-Lanka-orders-criminal-investigation-on-the-2011-World-Cup-final-fixing-accusations.jpg

Not so long ago, former Sri Lanka sports minister Mahindananda Aluthgamage had claimed that the Sri Lankan team ‘sold’ the 2011 World Cup final to ensure India takes the coveted trophy. Now, as per the latest reports, the Sri Lanka government has ordered a criminal probe into the allegations.

“A criminal investigation has begun,” said KDS Ruwanchandra, the secretary to the sports ministry, as quoted by news agency AFP.

AFP also revealed that former Sri Lanka captain Aravinda de Silva, who was the chief selector of the Sri Lanka team for 2011 final, was subpoenaed for an interview with the investigators on Tuesday.

Earlier this month during an interview with local TV channel ‘Sirasa’, Aluthgamage had said that the 2011 World Cup final between India and Sri Lanka was fixed.

“I tell you today that we [Sri Lanka team] sold the 2011 World Cup. I tell this with responsibility. I don’t want to divulge too much for the sake of the country… I say the match against India, the one we could have won; we betrayed,” Aluthgamage had said

After Aluthgamage’s claims, De Silva had disproved the allegations but requested SLC, BCCI and the ICC to investigate the matter in order to clear the clouds of doubts.

“We cannot let people get away all the time with lies. I request everyone, ICC, BCCI, and SLC to investigate this immediately.”

“Just like we cherished our World Cup victory, players like Sachin (Tendulkar) cherish these moments for the rest of their lives. I think in the interest of Sachin and the millions of cricket fans across India, it’s the duty of the Indian government and their cricket board to initiate an impartial inquiry to see whether they have won a fixed World Cup,” De Silva had written in his column in The Sunday Times.

In the 2011 World Cup final, the Kumar Sangakkara-led side posted 274/6 with Mahela Jayawardene scoring an unbeaten 103. In response, India chased down a 275-run target thanks to the match-winning nineties from MS Dhoni (91 not out) and Gautam Gambhir (97). The ‘Men in Blue’ accomplished the target with six wickets in hand to lift the prestigious trophy after 28 years.

oh dear

https://crickettimes.com/2020/07/sr...-the-2011-world-cup-final-fixing-accusations/

Sri Lanka orders criminal investigation on the 2011 World Cup final fixing accusations

Sri-Lanka-orders-criminal-investigation-on-the-2011-World-Cup-final-fixing-accusations.jpg

Not so long ago, former Sri Lanka sports minister Mahindananda Aluthgamage had claimed that the Sri Lankan team ‘sold’ the 2011 World Cup final to ensure India takes the coveted trophy. Now, as per the latest reports, the Sri Lanka government has ordered a criminal probe into the allegations.

“A criminal investigation has begun,” said KDS Ruwanchandra, the secretary to the sports ministry, as quoted by news agency AFP.

AFP also revealed that former Sri Lanka captain Aravinda de Silva, who was the chief selector of the Sri Lanka team for 2011 final, was subpoenaed for an interview with the investigators on Tuesday.

Earlier this month during an interview with local TV channel ‘Sirasa’, Aluthgamage had said that the 2011 World Cup final between India and Sri Lanka was fixed.

“I tell you today that we [Sri Lanka team] sold the 2011 World Cup. I tell this with responsibility. I don’t want to divulge too much for the sake of the country… I say the match against India, the one we could have won; we betrayed,” Aluthgamage had said

After Aluthgamage’s claims, De Silva had disproved the allegations but requested SLC, BCCI and the ICC to investigate the matter in order to clear the clouds of doubts.

“We cannot let people get away all the time with lies. I request everyone, ICC, BCCI, and SLC to investigate this immediately.”

“Just like we cherished our World Cup victory, players like Sachin (Tendulkar) cherish these moments for the rest of their lives. I think in the interest of Sachin and the millions of cricket fans across India, it’s the duty of the Indian government and their cricket board to initiate an impartial inquiry to see whether they have won a fixed World Cup,” De Silva had written in his column in The Sunday Times.

In the 2011 World Cup final, the Kumar Sangakkara-led side posted 274/6 with Mahela Jayawardene scoring an unbeaten 103. In response, India chased down a 275-run target thanks to the match-winning nineties from MS Dhoni (91 not out) and Gautam Gambhir (97). The ‘Men in Blue’ accomplished the target with six wickets in hand to lift the prestigious trophy after 28 years.

Geezus....

I'm confused by De Silva's comments here though. Unless I'm reading it wrong...

He disproved the fixing allegations - then assume he's referring to Aluthgamage with the "get away all the time with lies"....Then he's demanding the ICC to check if they've won a fixed WC....??

Odd to me. Maybe it's been paraphrased.... but if it's an allegation against Sri Lanka, why the hell would (should) India conduct an investigation?

TheParraboy

Staff member
Geezus....

I'm confused by De Silva's comments here though. Unless I'm reading it wrong...

He disproved the fixing allegations - then assume he's referring to Aluthgamage with the "get away all the time with lies"....Then he's demanding the ICC to check if they've won a fixed WC....??

Odd to me. Maybe it's been paraphrased.... but if it's an allegation against Sri Lanka, why the hell would (should) India conduct an investigation?

The SL assistant to the sports minister said a criminal investigation has begun, so India may have no choice but help out if required?

2007 WC final seems legit though :D

Mr Spock!

Referee
Cricket: Sri Lanka star Kusal Mendis arrested after fatal 5am crash with cyclist

Kusal Mendis, a mainstay of Sri Lanka’s top order in all three formats, was arrested on Sunday after allegedly being involved in a crash with a cyclist, who died instantly, just outside the country’s capital Colombo.
Police said the 25-year-old batsman was driving a Range Rover at 5am when the incident happened.

Frightful footage shared by the Daily Mirror shows the vehicle travelling along a narrow street before colliding with an elderly man who was crossing the road.

Mendis batted at first drop in Sri Lanka’s most recent Test match, scoring an unbeaten century in Harare against Zimbabwe in January.

He toured Australia with Sri Lanka’s T20 side late last year, scoring just 14 runs total in three innings.

He was named in a 16-man squad for a two-match home Test series against England in March, but the tour was cancelled because of the coronavirus pandemic.

More than 3000 people are killed annually in traffic accidents in Sri Lanka. A former spin bowler, Kaushal Lokuarachchi, was given a four-year suspended jail sentence for crashing into a woman pedestrian and killing her in 2003.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricke...t/news-story/6bf214563600737f4d7d20f47e18d250

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Typical Fox isn't it

Firstly it says footage of the accident, which it isn't

And secondly, wtf has this to do with cricket ?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I get its a connection but the article was about him driving a car which is not really his forte, obviously

Bazal

Post Whore
I get its a connection but the article was about him driving a car which is not really his forte, obviously

Loooong bow here tbh.

I get you have a thing against the media, which is fair for the most part, but this one's a stretch mate. No difference between this and off field events in the NRL. 100% news worthy and sport related.

undertaker

Coach
oh dear

Not much new here, as there were already several websites on the internet during the 2011 WC that were discussing several matches from that tournament potentially being fixed, most notably the India vs Pakistan semi-final.

Latest posts