What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Crowd Watch

Western_Eel

Juniors
Disappointing the games are not selling out even with 25% capacity. Are people in Sydney worried about catching CV19 or simply used to watching at home?
id say it has to do with the way you get tickets, it not as easy as just buying them and I ended up with 4 tickets instead of 3

Perth Red

Post Whore
id say it has to do with the way you get tickets, it not as easy as just buying them and I ended up with 4 tickets instead of 3

Fans are obviously desperate to get back out supporting their team! Getting tickets online is no great hardship.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Suncorp Stadium should be able to release 25,000 tickets to Broncos v Bulldogs this Saturday (good luck finding 25,000 as ticketed members have to pay) - however they have not released that many and are still only releasing them in the distanced blocks.

My theory is that the NRL has taken ownership of the games to protect the clubs from attendance losses (the Broncos require 25,000 to break even per game). So the NRL will only hire as limited capacity as possible. May only rent level 3 and 5 at Suncorp this weekend.

EDIT: I just messaged Suncorp Stadium out of boredom and they are still working with authorities to confirm how much capacity they can actually release. Doesn't seem like it will be possible to have 25k there with social distancing.

Last edited:

siv

First Grade
At the moment it seems fans have developed a habit of not going to games

Wonder if crowds will return anytime soon to normal levels

Habits will be hard to break

Second wave doesn't help fan confidence either to attend games

AJB1102

First Grade
I think people have jumped on the very limited available tickets and seen plenty looking for some.

Don't see why more people wont go if more are allowed.

I think if say COVID died off tomorrow and all restrictions were lifted we'd see a boost that'd slowly flatten out but its a new, exciting footy that should attract more. Parra, Penrith and Knights would be close to sell outs at home right now.

At the moment it seems fans have developed a habit of not going to games

Wonder if crowds will return anytime soon to normal levels

Habits will be hard to break

Second wave doesn't help fan confidence either to attend games

It won't in the short term as the limits on how many fans can actually be admitted to grounds is still capped. I reckon it won't really see any comeback until next season myself.

Jamberoo

Juniors
It won't in the short term as the limits on how many fans can actually be admitted to grounds is still capped. I reckon it won't really see any comeback until next season myself.
But the Sydney games are not even selling out. Parra had 800 unsold tickets last week. Are people in Sydney worried about CV? Perhaps PVL is right in wanting 15k - 20k stadiums. That could be enough.

lockyno1

Post Whore
But the Sydney games are not even selling out. Parra had 800 unsold tickets last week. Are people in Sydney worried about CV? Perhaps PVL is right in wanting 15k - 20k stadiums. That could be enough.

Can only talk personally but I’m not risking it at this stage. Want to see the fallout for a Month then re assess

Danish

Referee

Is there much in the way of parking around bankwest? I know parking for the old parra stadium games was an absolutely f**king nightmare.

Personally I would only go to games right now that I could drive to. No way I'd get on public transport.

Quicksilver

Bench
Can only talk personally but I’m not risking it at this stage. Want to see the fallout for a Month then re assess

yep. If you get rona, you’re out of work for at least two weeks and probably more. Even if you don’t get sick.

For me the footy can wait.

lockyno1

Post Whore
yep. If you get rona, you’re out of work for at least two weeks and probably more. Even if you don’t get sick.

For me the footy can wait.

I mean I’m happy to pay my membership and what not but will be a while till I’m confident of going to games

siv

First Grade
This is still the first wave.

Not if you look at the Victorian health dept graphs. Clear second wave in Victoria.

Restrictions have all gone up. Border closes tomorrow

Have you been hidding in s hobbit hole ?

jim_57

Staff member
I am in Melbourne so don't have much choice but I'm another who wouldn't consider going to a game this season unless things change drastically, even if was in QLD or NSW. Mostly for the reasons people have already listed, public transport, sitting near randoms at the stadium, work, health etc.

Plenty of people couldn't afford the time off work or wouldn't want to eat in to 2 weeks+ of their sick leave. Not least of all the risk of severe illness or death that this thing can cause will hang over people's heads for quite a while yet.

Crowds getting anywhere near back to normal any time soon is probably wishful thinking.

franklin2323

Immortal
Fans are obviously desperate to get back out supporting their team! Getting tickets online is no great hardship.

Yep. Panthers are allocating tickets for Cowboys game. I have 6 memberships on mine. A 6 got put in seperate bays. Including one 5 bays across.

Some sides still haven't released some tickets for this week

moffla

Bench
Don’t know why people bother checking ticket sales. There’s a whole list of reasons why fans currently aren’t going to games.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Don’t know why people bother checking ticket sales. There’s a whole list of reasons why fans currently aren’t going to games.

Indeed. Seems pretty obvious to me. Human behaviour has changed with COVID19. Everyone I know seems pretty reluctant to get out of the house and into public areas, aside from shopping for goods. With the economy looking super super frail, and job security at a low, a lot of people are not willing to part with their money outside of necessities. Going to the footy is entertainment and discretionary spending we can easily get rid of in the current environment.

Latest posts