What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

martielang

Bench
Burton is very early in his career. I can't see why you'd move a perfectly capable (above average imo) fullback out of position when we're consistently getting results, purely on the hope that a young 5/8th with 3 games experience would be superior to him at fullback despite never playing there.

Not sure if that all made sense but you get the drift.

Panfa

Juniors
This should be the last season for those 3 players tamou mansour whare we cant hold back naden burton etc any longer or risk losing them.

Lukemac

Juniors
Burton is very early in his career. I can't see why you'd move a perfectly capable (above average imo) fullback out of position when we're consistently getting results, purely on the hope that a young 5/8th with 3 games experience would be superior to him at fullback despite never playing there.

I’m not suggesting they do it this season but I would be seriously considering it for next. The only thing Edwards has going for him is his support play, Burton trumps him in every other area imo.

I wouldn’t drop Edwards now, but if an injury, suspension or form drop came up, Burton would be my option for FB. No more Aekins.

kinghippo

Juniors
I think we are jumping the gun a bit on Burton is gone because of 1 team list.
Hopefully he realises what a messed up year it has been with no reserve grade and doesn’t get to restless.
I am a big fan of his and would like to see him developed at fullback as well as 5/8 and think it would be worth the risk to pay him a bit overs for a couple of years to see how he ends up.

I have no idea what our salary cap is like but apart from Cleary I don’t think we are paying huge wages, especially in the backline. Most clubs are splashing $$$ at 5/8 and fullback which we are not.

I think we are jumping the gun a bit on Burton is gone because of 1 team list.
Hopefully he realises what a messed up year it has been with no reserve grade and doesn’t get to restless.
I am a big fan of his and would like to see him developed at fullback as well as 5/8 and think it would be worth the risk to pay him a bit overs for a couple of years to see how he ends up.

I have no idea what our salary cap is like but apart from Cleary I don’t think we are paying huge wages, especially in the backline. Most clubs are splashing $$$ at 5/8 and fullback which we are not.

The problem is there’s so few good halves out there, and someone can make him an offer in November.

John Hamblin

Juniors
Unfortunately the Edwards to wing experiment was tried early last season when Edwards was having a rough time at full back. It went very badly. Edwards showed that he isn’t a winger.

In the u20's Dylan was a winger and DWZ the fullback. The first time I saw him I thought he would play FG. From memory he saved 2 or 3 tries in that game. I think he would be a better than average FG winger.

franklin2323

Immortal
The problem is there’s so few good halves out there, and someone can make him an offer in November.

If this team form keeps up.
Luai will be a test player end of the year
Cleary origin
Atm Api is the form hooker so a chance of Origin.

If we have 3 rep spine players and he chooses to leave then I can deal with it

WestyLife

First Grade
Cleary origin

This isn't an insult to Luai I'm enjoying his form at the moment but he plays rep due to lack of competition for spots.

franklin2323

Immortal
This isn't an insult to Luai I'm enjoying his form at the moment but he plays rep due to lack of competition for spots.

Same could be said for Cleary given lack of halves. Still is rep halves that in theory could play for 10 more years. It isn't like there are 2 old busted guys in front

I hope Burton sticks around and develops in another position but too many ordinary teams have cap space to burn and will offer stupid money

WestyLife

First Grade
Same could be said for Cleary given lack of halves. Still is rep halves that in theory could play for 10 more years. It isn't like there are 2 old busted guys in front

I hope Burton sticks around and develops in another position but too many ordinary teams have cap space to burn and will offer stupid money

Getting selected for NSW is not comparable to being picked for Samoa. He was picked when playing on the bench for us getting minimal game time.

Cleary origin

Can’t see Apisai playing origin. He’s going well, but Cook would be very hard to unseat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts