What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

qld redvee

Juniors
now that Elliott has a dislocated shoulder I think we should look drop off signing him Rudolph would have been a nice pick up from the gummies

slippery5

Juniors
OT..the outraged PC brigade and rugby league media cant wait to latch onto someone stepping out of line from an onfield incident that should stay be between the ref, the club + player involved and judiciary.
No ref should be sworn at or abused in any shape or form but there are NRL and internal punishments and post apoligies for all that..not external villification
How about EVERYONE COOL IT !

Salty have you got a juicy bit of gossip that can revive this thread ?
Obviously their are some retirees out there that have nothing else to do, or argue with.
Let it go Boys.

BLM01

First Grade
I would have a crack at Green and Tamou, and piss Norman off. Not world beaters but could be good for a year helping us bring along Sullivan, Clune and Blacker.
Dont like Tamou...another gentle giant..who just plays for stats at the big money he is on.
Their is a reason Panthers only want to offer him 1 more year...that may be it for him
There is better younger front rowers that would be available or be swayed to be coached by ?...next year
Green..yeh..na good player... in his twilight years...but can see his value for a year then back up

redv13

Bench
Dont like Tamou...another gentle giant..who just plays for stats at the big money he is on.
Their is a reason Panthers only want to offer him 1 more year...that may be it for him
There is better younger front rowers that would be available or be swayed to be coached by ?...next year
Green..yeh..na good player... in his twilight years...but can see his value for a year then back up
I’d take Green for 2 years instead of Norman. He can take control and guide Clune. Maybe have a crack at Jack Hetherington from Penrith. Maybe throw Boyd from GC a lifeline for cheap coin

Dragonsamy

Bench
I would have a crack at Green and Tamou, and piss Norman off. Not world beaters but could be good for a year helping us bring along Sullivan, Clune and Blacker.

Forbes
Like the idea off green for a year or so.
He has been in the Melbourne system and is very professional.
He would help bring along Young Guns like Sully and Wishart, even sailor and help clune.
For me no to Tamou we need some mongrel and he doesn't seem to have a lot of that imo

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Forbes
Like the idea off green for a year or so.
He has been in the Melbourne system and is very professional.
He would help bring along Young Guns like Sully and Wishart, even sailor and help clune.
For me no to Tamou we need some mongrel and he doesn't seem to have a lot of that imo
Green is the one I’m more after, but I think a few older blokes is what we need. Someone to mentor our younger guys but can still cut it. Graham was good in a mentoring sense but he just wasn’t making metres anymore. Green still has an excellent kicking game and footballing brain. Tamou has been playing well for Penrith this season and is still making an impact so I wouldn’t be totally against it. Don’t want too many pathway blocking players just some experience in around our young blokes.

No reserve graders, we've signed and re-signed too many. Always be looking at best on market, always be asking "can this player play a role in a team winning the premiership in the next three years?".

As long as we're talking about signing dopes like Green we're surrendering to mediocrity. That's the kind of plank Millward would sign and it's why we're in the position we're currently in.

Runner

Juniors
Green is the one I’m more after, but I think a few older blokes is what we need. Someone to mentor our younger guys but can still cut it. Graham was good in a mentoring sense but he just wasn’t making metres anymore. Green still has an excellent kicking game and footballing brain. Tamou has been playing well for Penrith this season and is still making an impact so I wouldn’t be totally against it. Don’t want too many pathway blocking players just some experience in around our young blokes.

Blake Green will be 34 in September. I know he has been good for the Warriors this year but I think he is too old for us to take on at this stage of his career.

qld redvee

Juniors
how about the club does something really worthwhile and try to get andrew Johns to come and mentor our young halves ,,,, that way we dont need to sign a journeyman for 1 or 2 years and effectively block the kids ..... ditto for a prop / edge forward to mentor our young forwards

but best thing would be a coach