What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

‘He’s a coward’: Spud declares war on Gal

nick87

Coach
Also the cheating prior to 2016 helped them build the squad that ultimately won the comp. Would they have had a squad good enough to win in 2016 without the cheating? We'll never know.

So Sharks can argue it all they like (it's got me f**ked why they bother, you won the comp, history will record it as such, you had a grand time, why do you actually care what the rest of the NRL fans think), but for many people 2016 is and will always be tainted. And nothing said can or will change that.

Quicksilver

Bench
Here are the nuffies moving the goal posts again.

I'm certainly not going to argue that our club has been well run.

I'll acknowledge the truth when it doesn't suit my agenda.

You guys are looser with the truth than a ballbag on a hot day.

Last edited:

carcharias

Immortal
Also the cheating prior to 2016 helped them build the squad that ultimately won the comp. Would they have had a squad good enough to win in 2016 without the cheating? We'll never know.

So Sharks can argue it all they like (it's got me f**ked why they bother, you won the comp, history will record it as such, you had a grand time, why do you actually care what the rest of the NRL fans think), but for many people 2016 is and will always be tainted. And nothing said can or will change that.

are you sure you are in the correct thread?

I thought this was about Gallen commenting about rugby league.
I even remember mentioning how he’d continue to upset you blokes for years after retirement.
It’s nice to watch.

nick87

Coach
are you sure you are in the correct thread?

I thought this was about Gallen commenting about rugby league.
I even remember mentioning how he’d continue to upset you blokes for years after retirement.
It’s nice to watch.

Im responding directly to Sharks fans regarding their attempts to rewrite history in this very thread. So take it up with them, carch.

Craigshark

First Grade

I reckon outside of a few losers on an Internet forum, no one gives a f**k

carcharias

Immortal
Im responding directly to Sharks fans regarding their attempts to rewrite history in this very thread. So take it up with them, carch.

So they bought up the peptides and salary cap issues in this thread?

Hohoho
You lot sure do like to fantasize.

Frailty

First Grade
Not strictly true though is it? They were found to have breached the cap rules but stayed under the cap level. So the system of cheating from 13-15 was going on in 2016 but because the amount being cheated hadnt pushed them over the total cap limit they got away with it.
I thought they got off very lightly, if NRl had wanted they could have enforced a penalty for 2016 based on the fact you had the cheating system in operation. Just be thankful that either you couldnt get the dodgy third party sponsors in place or your players salaries were under that year. Its the only thing that saved your title lol

"The NRL found breaches were existent in Cronulla’s premiership-winning year of 2016 but, as the club were playing under the salary cap in payments disclosed to the NRL, those promises did not take them above the league’s limit."
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/sharks/in-the-clear-cronulla-sharks-2016-premiership-title-not-in-question-after-cap-investigation/news-story/d7fce0b4f956a33a1568d5245979c5a6#:~:text=“The Sharks were under the,question on their 2016 premiership.”

You should look at the majority of salary cap breaches that the NRL announces each year. It is much of the same - 3rd Party deals that are in breach and get added to the Salary Cap. There was no special treatment for the Sharks - it was in line with how they treat all the clubs found when bonuses or non-compliant third parties are discovered with analysis.

Special treatment would be allowing the Bulldogs players to take a salary cut to keep a squad together for 2004, when this option was not allowed to the Storm.

SBD82

Coach
You should look at the majority of salary cap breaches that the NRL announces each year. It is much of the same - 3rd Party deals that are in breach and get added to the Salary Cap. There was no special treatment for the Sharks - it was in line with how they treat all the clubs found when bonuses or non-compliant third parties are discovered with analysis.

Special treatment would be allowing the Bulldogs players to take a salary cut to keep a squad together for 2004, when this option was not allowed to the Storm.
I think you’re missing the bigger picture.

Namely, f**k the Storm.

blue bags

First Grade
Former Cronulla Sharks captain Paul Gallen has confirmed he will take on UFC veteran Mark Hunt in a cross-code boxing match later this year.

Earlier in the year, rumours of a fight between the pair sent the Australian fight scene into a spin.

At the time, Hunt was the only person to sign off on the contract, putting the potential bout in question.

But the fight is back on after Gallen signed off on his contract as they look to stage the fight at the end of October.

Gallen went on Sydney’s 2GB radio station to announce the fight.

“It’s back on,” he said.

“It was close to getting done three or four months ago.

“But today I saw the headlines come out as well and I rang the promotor and said, ‘we need to sort this out. Mark Hunt signed the contact, fair enough, but I haven’t signed a contract. I haven’t been offered a contract.’

“He said, ‘what do you want?’ So I told him what I wanted and he said, ‘okay we’ll work towards that.’

“So it’s looking promising, it’s looking like it’s going to happen.

“October 31st is the date that has been set. The venue I’m not sure of yet. It could be NSW somewhere, hopefully Queensland, possibly even New Zealand.”
https://www.zerotackle.com/its-back-on-gallen-confirms-fight-with-ufc-star-nrl-56983/

Walpole

Juniors
Former Cronulla Sharks captain Paul Gallen has confirmed he will take on UFC veteran Mark Hunt in a cross-code boxing match later this year.

Earlier in the year, rumours of a fight between the pair sent the Australian fight scene into a spin.

At the time, Hunt was the only person to sign off on the contract, putting the potential bout in question.

But the fight is back on after Gallen signed off on his contract as they look to stage the fight at the end of October.

Gallen went on Sydney’s 2GB radio station to announce the fight.

“It’s back on,” he said.

“It was close to getting done three or four months ago.

“But today I saw the headlines come out as well and I rang the promotor and said, ‘we need to sort this out. Mark Hunt signed the contact, fair enough, but I haven’t signed a contract. I haven’t been offered a contract.’

“He said, ‘what do you want?’ So I told him what I wanted and he said, ‘okay we’ll work towards that.’

“So it’s looking promising, it’s looking like it’s going to happen.

“October 31st is the date that has been set. The venue I’m not sure of yet. It could be NSW somewhere, hopefully Queensland, possibly even New Zealand.”
https://www.nospam21.com/its-back-on-gallen-confirms-fight-with-ufc-star-nrl-56983/
Gallen has as much chance in this one as Hunt does of running out in an Origin game.

I know I dont care what anyone thinks

up up

Latest posts