What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 9 vs Roosters @ Queensland Country Bank Stadium

Who will win? Round 9: Cowboys v Roosters

• North Queensland Cowboys 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North Queensland Cowboys 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Sydney Roosters 1-12

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2020 - Round 9
North Queensland Cowboys v Sydney Roosters
Queensland Country Bank Stadium, South Townsville
Thursday 9 July 2020

Kickoff 7:50pm - Nine/9Now & Fox League/Kayo

TL-NQL20a.png

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow 2. Kyle Feldt 3. Connelly Lemuelu 4. Esan Marsters 5. Valentine Holmes 6. Scott Drinkwater 7. Jake Clifford 8. Josh Mcguire 9. Reece Robson 10. Francis Molo 11. Shane Wright 12. Coen Hess 13. Jason Taumalolo
Interchange: 14. Ben Hampton 15. Tom Gilbert 16. Peter Hola 17. Gavin Cooper 18. Murray Taulagi 19. Reuben Cotter 20. Corey Jensen 21. Jake Granville

TL-SYD20a.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Ryan Hall 3. Josh Morris 4. Joseph Manu 5. Brett Morris 6. Luke Keary 7. Kyle Flanagan 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Jake Friend 10. Siosiua Taukeiaho 11. Angus Crichton 12. Mitchell Aubusson 13. Nat Butcher
Interchange: 14. Lachlan Lam 15. Sitili Tupouniua 16. Poasa Faamausili 17. Lindsay Collins 18. Daniel Fifita 19. Drew Hutchison 20. Freddy Lussick 21. Matt Ikuvalu

fevf2bE.jpg

Referees: Adam Gee
Sideline Officials: Belinda Sharpe, Matt Noyen
Video Referees: Jared Maxwell, Ben Galea

Last edited by a moderator:
I am somewhat nervous about tonight's encounter. Will Nat make a fist of the lock position? Will Jared and Lindsay back up successfully after their concussions last week? Will Holmes take the field, after being initially named on the wing? I am hoping that, despite our injury run, we will still be too strong for them tonight. I am wary, however, given their form last time at home against the Knights, who are a solid side.

Anyway, time will ultimately tell. In the meantime, it is game day, ladies and gentlemen. Fire up you mighty mighty Roosters, fire up!

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
The Chooks should win this comfortably. I am hoping my Cowboys put up some kind of resistance, but I am very pessimistic about our chances.

The Chooks should win this comfortably. I am hoping my Cowboys put up some kind of resistance, but I am very pessimistic about our chances.
You guys certainly did for most of the first half. I was pretty nervous there for a while, as your team was playing out of their skin. We finished off the first half well, and then kicked into gear in the second. I am not sure what happened to you, to be honest. It seemed as though the half time break was your biggest enemy. I feel very sorry for Paul Green, as he is one of the true gentlemen of rugby league.

MightyMoo

Juniors
You guys certainly did for most of the first half. I was pretty nervous there for a while, as your team was playing out of their skin. We finished off the first half well, and then kicked into gear in the second. I am not sure what happened to you, to be honest. It seemed as though the half time break was your biggest enemy. I feel very sorry for Paul Green, as he is one of the true gentlemen of rugby league.
Do u guys want him back? We'll take a ham sandwich and a diet sprite

MightyMoo

Juniors
No, that's okay, I think we are full up at the moment. ;) However, if Fitzy decides to eventually leave, which I think will happen sooner or later unfortunately, we might be happy to reconsider then!
Been saying for 18 months now we should go after Fitzy. I reckon he'd bring some steel to our defence... Swap?? Even throw in boom foward Cooper, he's just starting to peak

A swap between Fitzy and Green? Ah, no, I don't think so! ;)

Nice try adding the deal 'sweetener' in Gavin Cooper.

Boom forward, LOL. Anyway, chin up, hopefully you will turn the corner. I don't mind the Cowboys. Went up there in 2013 and had a nice time. I am looking forward to visiting your new stadium one day.

Latest posts