What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most Annoying TV Commercials

Silent Knight

First Grade
A couple of current ads irk the hell out of me:
  • Plush Sofas - the ordinary looking working mum comes home, plonks herself on the couch and takes her bra off. What a nothing ad. If you want to grab my attention get the chick from Makin’ Mattresses. She can sit on a Plush sofa, take off her shirt and bra and I’ll be a Plush customer for life.
  • Squeaky Gate Olive Oil - that camera guy is confused about what the old fruit bat is crapping on about, extend that to the rest of Australia.

I can't handle the Subway ad. where the mum gets the bag at the door and hands out the food. The continuity is bad enough where the daughter swaps sides of the table in the blink of an eye, but there ain't no way known to man that those three drinks are in that bag as well as the food.

I saw some Jim Gaffigan stand-up talking about Subway which was pretty funny.

“Subway. Eat fresh? Who doesn’t want a sub where the bread smells like it’s been freshly baked in a dishwasher?”

Silent Knight

First Grade
The new Apple Mac ad featuring some nuffy called James Blake. You call that music you auto-tuned gimp. That’s the kind of sh*t they play in my gym. Ooh look at me I’m all arty and hip with my f*cking laptop. Learn to play a real instrument (like a guitar) you fraud.

mongoose

Coach
The new Apple Mac ad featuring some nuffy called James Blake. You call that music you auto-tuned gimp. That’s the kind of sh*t they play in my gym. Ooh look at me I’m all arty and hip with my f*cking laptop. Learn to play a real instrument (like a guitar) you fraud.

thought you were going to say the "This...watch....tells....time" ad with Eisenberg or Michael Cera, whichever geek it is.

Silent Knight

First Grade
thought you were going to say the "This...watch....tells....time" ad with Eisenberg or Michael Cera, whichever geek it is.

That one is sh*t as well. I've already got a watch that tells time so why the f*ck would I bother with their pretentious product.

roofromoz

First Grade

Pretty sure it's Michael Cera, sounds like George Michael from Arrested Development. This is the same company that tells you that something that is clearly a computer in what it does is not a computer.

Whino

Bench
may have been mentioned before - but I can't stand the Sportsbet ads - the "hey look at us aussie blokes doing aussie bloke things". Bin racing or whatever.

Most gambling ads are pretty ordinary, maybe because gambling is not my thing.

Sportsbet ads are shit.
Along with insurance ads they are the first ones I mute. That and greasy ambulance chasing Lawyer ads.
Gerald Malouf makes my skin crawl.

horrie hastings

First Grade
The lastest Bakers Delight ad, how they dance around and say everything is baked fresh each day. It shits me more when i see my local Bakers Delight dump bags of bread each day, Monday night 13 garbage bags full of bread dumped, Wed night 15 garbage bags dumped and tonight 11 bags dumped, FFS , why make so much if the demand is not there? i know pre covid the bread used to be taken to local charities but it cant now so why make so f*cken much, it shits me seeing so much waste.

The Rosco

Bench
Finda.
Their recent campaign had BBQ gathering scenes where 8/10 folks had T-Shirts and clothing that were a near PMS match to the finda logo colour palette. !!! Then, to make sure us dummies understand the importance of logo colours, some of the actors had blue coloured contact lenses that also matched the corporate colours. The fkking plastic plates were even blue.
Now, their latest offering is of a stupid woman making a swimming on dry land motion in time with the jingle. Sorry, she may well not be stupid. But she is demonstrating stupid to perfection.
Do the ad agencies not have to show these stupid merkins a sample of what they intend to run on TV anymore ? Like, before they commit it to TV ?
Next, the spate of dating site ads that only feature single sex images must be sailing close to discrimination ?
They have sailed close to . . . and actually docked at effing annoying, so why not go all the way !

Latest posts