What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Trek to return to the small screen.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
86243523.jpg

Timbo

Staff member
Star Trek: Strange New Words, set on the original Enterprise starring Anson Mount as Pike confirmed.

https://trekmovie.com/2020/05/15/br...pock-and-number-one-headed-to-cbs-all-access/

This is a pretty great time to be a Trekkie with all the shows in production. I really liked Mount, Romijn and Peck, it will be great to see what they bring to their roles as series leads.

It’ll be great to be back on the Big E for a series again.

bileduct

Coach
Star Trek: Strange New Words, set on the original Enterprise starring Anson Mount as Pike confirmed.

https://trekmovie.com/2020/05/15/br...pock-and-number-one-headed-to-cbs-all-access/

This is a pretty great time to be a Trekkie with all the shows in production. I really liked Mount, Romijn and Peck, it will be great to see what they bring to their roles as series leads.

Makes sense to go with what actually got a great audience response. Anson Mount carried season 2 of Discovery, and they built that new Enterprise bridge set so why not use it.

jargan83

Coach

That is awesome!

Can't wait to see it.

Timbo

Staff member
Apparently it’s going to be more episodic and not big season long arcs like Disco and Picard.

I hope they strike a balance, season long mythology broken up with monsters of the week, like the X-Files?

I would hate if it was like Voyager, where the ship would get the shit blasted out of it one week and the following week everything was fine.

bileduct

Coach
Apparently it’s going to be more episodic and not big season long arcs like Disco and Picard.

I hope they strike a balance, season long mythology broken up with monsters of the week, like the X-Files?

I would hate if it was like Voyager, where the ship would get the shit blasted out of it one week and the following week everything was fine.
A few years ago I would have been disappointed with an episodic series like the old shows, but Discovery has shown the writers have no idea how to pull off a full season arc.

Timbo

Staff member
A few years ago I would have been disappointed with an episodic series like the old shows, but Discovery has shown the writers have no idea how to pull off a full season arc.

I think there has to he a balance though.

If you made Voyager today no one would watch due to there never being any stakes.

bileduct

Coach
I think there has to he a balance though.

If you made Voyager today no one would watch due to there never being any stakes.
That's certainly true. I actually gave up watching Voyager somewhere around season 6, and I didn't watch Enterprise when it first aired because it was more of the same.

I think they found the right balance in season 4 of Enterprise.

Timbo

Staff member
That's certainly true. I actually gave up watching Voyager somewhere around season 6, and I didn't watch Enterprise when it first aired because it was more of the same.

I think they found the right balance in season 4 of Enterprise.

True. Voyager’s last few seasons were ridiculous. It should’ve been like Battlestar Galactica with the beating that ship took. Apparently that was one of the early ideas but the network basically demanded more Nex Gen. That’s also why the Starfleet/Maquis conflict was quietly dropped midway through season 1.

Enterprise jumped the shark during the 9-11 reaction season. But I agree, they seemed to sort it out in season four, with a mix of mini-arcs and stand alones. But it was too little too late.

Styles clash

Juniors

Being written and produced by the same people who did Discovery and Picard, so unlikely.

jargan83

Coach
Any idea who will be broadcasting the series in Australia?

I assume it will be on a streaming service like Netflix etc.

Timbo

Staff member
Any idea who will be broadcasting the series in Australia?

I assume it will be on a streaming service like Netflix etc.

I haven’t been able to find any info on that so far. Neither Netflix or Amazon seem to have it on their coming soon pages.

jargan83

Coach
Season 3 of Star Trek: Discovery will begin on October 15 in the US so I assume that will be the 16th here in Australia.

Timbo

Staff member
I enjoyed the first episode of Lower Decks. It’s winking very hard, but it also shines a light on how ridiculous the average episode of Star Trek is if viewed from the perspective of a non main character.