What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Games Are You Playing?

Eelementary

Post Whore
NBA 2k20

I just had the greatest game of MyCareer, ever.

I got drafted as a 6'10", 270 lbs centre by the Lakers.

Ten games into the season, we are 9 and 1.

LeBron James has been immense - 31 ppg, 7 assists per game, 4 blocks per game, 8 rebounds per game, and is leading the way for the MVP (one would think).

My player is averaging 8 minutes a game, 13.8 ppg, 4 rebounds per game, 2 blocks per game, and 5 assists per game.

LeBron gets injured, and the 5 and 6 Hawks come to Staples Centre to play us.

Most of the game, we are trailing by 11 points.

Coach puts me in the game with 2 minutes left in the first quarter, and the Lakers trailing 46-35.

I play all the way until half-time, and at half-time, the Hawks lead 72-68. I have worked my arse off on both sides of the ball to cut the deficit.

Straight after half-time, coach benches me. I come back to the court with minute left in the third quarter, the Lakers trailing 89-76.

I go on a tear - getting every rebound, finding every open teammate, and racking up points; I drive to the rim aggressively, dunk, draw a foul, and from the Hawks' inbound play, steal the ball from Trae Young, and dunk it again, drawing another foul, and fouling Trae Young put.

Hawks now lead 94-90, with only 90 seconds left.

I steal the ball on halfway, race away, and dunk. Down by two, with a minute left.

We tighten our defence, and force a wild shot from just inside our own half - I get the rebound, throw it to Anthony Davis, race up court, and Davis lobs me an alley oop. The game is tied 94-all with 5 seconds to go.

The Hawks inbound it all the way down court, to their centre, who goes for the game-winning dunk - only for me to swat the ball away.

We go to over-time.

Coach benches me for the first minute of O/T.

When I come on, our defence tightens up, and we win 110-107, with my player racking up 42 points, 12 rebounds, 10 assists, and 6 blocks...

I am stoked - I worked so hard, and felt so rewarded!

abpanther

Staff member
NBA 2k20

I just had the greatest game of MyCareer, ever.

I got drafted as a 6'10", 270 lbs centre by the Lakers.

Ten games into the season, we are 9 and 1.

LeBron James has been immense - 31 ppg, 7 assists per game, 4 blocks per game, 8 rebounds per game, and is leading the way for the MVP (one would think).

My player is averaging 8 minutes a game, 13.8 ppg, 4 rebounds per game, 2 blocks per game, and 5 assists per game.

LeBron gets injured, and the 5 and 6 Hawks come to Staples Centre to play us.

Most of the game, we are trailing by 11 points.

Coach puts me in the game with 2 minutes left in the first quarter, and the Lakers trailing 46-35.

I play all the way until half-time, and at half-time, the Hawks lead 72-68. I have worked my arse off on both sides of the ball to cut the deficit.

Straight after half-time, coach benches me. I come back to the court with minute left in the third quarter, the Lakers trailing 89-76.

I go on a tear - getting every rebound, finding every open teammate, and racking up points; I drive to the rim aggressively, dunk, draw a foul, and from the Hawks' inbound play, steal the ball from Trae Young, and dunk it again, drawing another foul, and fouling Trae Young put.

Hawks now lead 94-90, with only 90 seconds left.

I steal the ball on halfway, race away, and dunk. Down by two, with a minute left.

We tighten our defence, and force a wild shot from just inside our own half - I get the rebound, throw it to Anthony Davis, race up court, and Davis lobs me an alley oop. The game is tied 94-all with 5 seconds to go.

The Hawks inbound it all the way down court, to their centre, who goes for the game-winning dunk - only for me to swat the ball away.

We go to over-time.

Coach benches me for the first minute of O/T.

When I come on, our defence tightens up, and we win 110-107, with my player racking up 42 points, 12 rebounds, 10 assists, and 6 blocks...

I am stoked - I worked so hard, and felt so rewarded!

Wow that's pretty sick man, well done.

I haven't played NBA for a few years but last time I did I made a big centre also and was drafted around #15 by the Bucks. I remember every once in a while having big games like this and it sure feels rewarding, especially when you then have a few of those games where you just can't grab a single rebound no matter how hard you try!

I did try NBA 2k20 but the initial story was a bit long and laboured for me so I only just made it to the draft before I started playing something else. Might have to give it another go

Eelementary

Post Whore
Wow that's pretty sick man, well done.

I haven't played NBA for a few years but last time I did I made a big centre also and was drafted around #15 by the Bucks. I remember every once in a while having big games like this and it sure feels rewarding, especially when you then have a few of those games where you just can't grab a single rebound no matter how hard you try!

I did try NBA 2k20 but the initial story was a bit long and laboured for me so I only just made it to the draft before I started playing something else. Might have to give it another go

Thanks, mate! It was an epic game!

I agree - the initial story is a bit of a drag, but it's kind of rewarding, when you get the starting gig.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Just finished my 1st play through of Detroit Become Human, such a well done game with a great story (on my timeline anyway). Funny how the events in this story made me think about a different perspective on the events currently happening in the U.S.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Just started playing Dying Light: The Following

Getting used to the parkour controls but so far so good. It gave me anxiety going on the ground at first but when you realize how slow the zombies are it gets easier.

Downloaded the Wonderboy: The Dragons Trap reboot on Nintendo Switch. Tarted up graphics and sound, quite a nice redo considering my beloved Master System is long dead. You can switch between the modernised audio and visuals to the retro versions.

A nice trip down memory lane getting f**king frustrated as a 10 year old.

Pommy

Coach
Just started playing Dying Light: The Following

Getting used to the parkour controls but so far so good. It gave me anxiety going on the ground at first but when you realize how slow the zombies are it gets easier.

Are you just playing the following DLC or the entire game.
The base game is amazing I’ve completed it twice once solo and then co-op which just made it even better.
The DLC I didn’t find that amazing, the buggy gave me motion sickness.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Are you just playing the following DLC or the entire game.
The base game is amazing I’ve completed it twice once solo and then co-op which just made it even better.
The DLC I didn’t find that amazing, the buggy gave me motion sickness.

it’s the base game but got the DLC attached. It is really awesome. The melee style combat and first person view makes it pretty different from any other game I’ve played. I’m still only on Level 7 and absolutely shit myself when I go out at night haha

Pommy

Coach
it’s the base game but got the DLC attached. It is really awesome. The melee style combat and first person view makes it pretty different from any other game I’ve played. I’m still only on Level 7 and absolutely shit myself when I go out at night haha

It’s amazing, the following not so much.
certainly one of my best experiences of this generation and still a bit of a hidden gem for some reason.

Eelectrica

Referee
New Borderlands 3 DLC. Love this expansion pack.
Probably going to shift gears when I'm done with it though and check out the new X-Com game Chimera Squad.

Last edited:

jargan83

Coach
Reinstalled Horizon Zero Dawn complete edition on PS4. It’s suckered me back in and I cannot get out.

I never played that but a mate persuaded me to pick it up when I saw it for $20 at the shops. Probably start that when I knock off the rest of TLOU2

Eelementary

Post Whore
Still playing MyCareer in NBA 2k20, and it is very good - but I do find it extremely cheap.

I got drafted by the Lakers (which is awesome, as I am a Lakers fan) as a 6'10", 270 lbs center.

I am currently the leading rookie for Rookie Of The Year, and am running third in the MVP race.

I'm averaging 24.7 ppg, 6 4 app, 7.9 rbg, 1.1 spg, and 1.5 big.

The Lakers are 50 and 22.

We come up against Philadelphia at Staples.

With 2 minutes to go in the third quarter, we are up by 16 points.

The coach benches me, and brings me back on with 40 seconds left in the third quarter - our lead is now only 1 point! WTF?

Anyway, we ended up losing by 6.

I finished with 33 points, 10 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 blocks, a steal, 75% free throw accuracy, and 93% from the field. So I was happy.

Ben Simmons got Man Of The Match, and he got 11 points, 6 assists, 2 rebounds, 70% from the field, and 2 turnovers.

So, yeah - NBA 2k20 is a lot of fun, but that was bullshit.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Started playing Jedi Fallen Order again.
Finished the story now trying to get all collectables to get Platinum. I find it pretty difficult to work my way around the maps, so finding this a bit frustrating.
I’ve never been good with directions (with real life and gaming) so a route to a pinpoint would make this game much more enjoyable for me.

blue bags

First Grade
Probably is another thread like this around but I'm too lazy to dig it up.

Team Fortess 2
Addicted to this game and I'm not even THAT good at it. Play Pub on Payload servers mainly as a Demo or Soldier. Love the thrill of the game coming down to the last two minutes and defending/forming one final push.

Tales of Vesperia
This game just won't end! 40 hours in and I have about 15+ hours to go. For what it is, it's a good game and covers just about anything an RPG fan would want but it's a little too basic for me and it's commentary on class divisions, relationships and environment is about as subtle as a jackhammer. Like to mix it up so usually just play as different characters per area. At the moment, playing as Rita (spellcaster) and just about to go into a big battle.

Persona 3
On hold as I try and finish off ToV. A far more sophisticated game than ToV but at times it's just brutal and if you give your enemies just one advantage, it could be game over, and that's an hours gameplay down the drain. Up to the 3rd Boss but I believe I was going on one last grind session before I put it down.
What Games Are You Playing?, = none
to busy.making a living. sorry