What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I wouldn't want him kicking for my life

Vee

First Grade
Warren Smith nailed it tonight, talking about Feldt missing from in front.

I'm a long-suffering Cowboys fan and I'm heartily sick of non-Cowboys fans who watch the highlights and think he's an Origin winger.

This is his baseline, totally capable of outrageous brilliance occasionally, until you see shit like missing from in front and kicking dead from the restart every 2nd week.

Just saying...

Last edited:

Vee

First Grade
Deadset, when I heard that comment tonight, it validated what I've been saying to my Brisbane mate for years.

Allan Border and Steve Waugh captained Australia at cricket, but under pressure, I'd rather have them kicking for my life.

Wizardman

First Grade
The best compliment I can give Kyle Feldt is that he is not the reason why the Cows are in the doldrums.

Knight76

Juniors
He doesn’t normally get much practice to be fair.

Who was the Knights player that missed from right in front? Years ago now, lined it up and banged it straight in to the left upright if I recall. Maybe Adrian Brunker?

Was a long time ago now.

Anyway, it happens, hardly worth judging a career over.

aqua_duck

Coach
Warren Smith nailed it tonight, talking about Feldt missing from in front.

I'm a long-suffering Cowboys fan and I'm heartily sick of non-Cowboys fans who watch the highlights and think he's an Origin winger.

This is his baseline, totally capable of outrageous brilliance occasionally, until you see shit like missing from in front and kicking dead from the restart every 2nd week.

Just saying...
Andrew Johns summed it up pretty well about Kyle, things happen around him, not necessarily all good things either

Grapple

Bench
To be fair to Feldt, kicking for someones life is incredible pressure i'm not sure he's adequately trained for.

DeeJ

Bench
I believe that was already proven a few years ago when he was ahead of Oates in Origin contention, and then had the worst game ever before the teams were named.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Has there ever been a situation where someone has to kick to save somebody's life?

I know in the karate kid things were pretty dire but I don't think anyone was going to die if Daniel san didn't kick Johnny in the head.

Maybe Escape to Victory, if they weren't kicking the ball Sylvester Stallone might have been shot by the Nazis.

Glen

Bench
I wouldn’t want him tackling Sivo for my life either. I guess it’s unlikely I will find myself in that scenario, though

Bazal

Post Whore
I wouldn’t want him tackling Sivo for my life either. I guess it’s unlikely I will find myself in that scenario, though

f**k, mate, if a winger has to tackle Sivo to save your life I'd suggest ending it yourself as painlessly as possible....

Glen

Bench
f**k, mate, if a winger has to tackle Sivo to save your life I'd suggest ending it yourself as painlessly as possible....
This is a fair point. Most others will at least make some sort of effort though

Latest posts