What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragonsamy

Bench
It’s not hard to be civil whilst having discussions with other people on here yet you don’t like being challenged or proven wrong. When that happens you either refuse to answer people’s questions or you become a 1 man comedy act which you use to agitate people. Like I said standard orange man material

You got that correct

Dragonsamy

Bench
What’s your thoughts on who’s on the selection committee mate?

I think its a good idea as we have seen player like dufty playing at fullback which I like as he is one of the few attacking options that we have. Will be good to see how he goes against a well coached team like Manly even though they will be missing a few players. Also been good to see Zac given a chance to settle into one position and he is doing a great job kicking at over 85% and having consistency in his game. Also seems to be working with hunt and McInnes. It will be good to see how we go with Hunt starting at all this week. Manly are a well drilled team but if we ever going to beat them we should be able to beat them on Sunday night.
Anyway it will be interesting to see what happens

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I think its a good idea as we have seen player like dufty playing at fullback which I like as he is one of the few attacking options that we have. Will be good to see how he goes against a well coached team like Manly even though they will be missing a few players. Also been good to see Zac given a chance to settle into one position and he is doing a great job kicking at over 85% and having consistency in his game. Also seems to be working with hunt and McInnes. It will be good to see how we go with Hunt starting at all this week. Manly are a well drilled team but if we ever going to beat them we should be able to beat them on Sunday night.
Anyway it will be interesting to see what happens
It is great seeing some new attack, but we’re 2 wins, 2 losses since the committee started..

Should we be freshening up the committee or are they doing a good job?

Dragonsamy

Bench
As I said would like to see how we go.
We need to look at everything from the board down.
We need to make the hard decisions like chopping the coach, etc.
But Im not holding my breath waiting

Last edited:

SBD82

Coach
I wonder whether they’ve chosen to pick Hunt to start because Manly are so pedestrian when Levi is playing at dummy half.

Don’t know if many of you have been watching manly closely, but they start badly due to Levi being a bit of a handbrake for them. They look much better once he is replaced and that’s generally when they score their points.

Is it possible that we are actually being tactical? A well thought out selection decision?

Maybe the panel is working.

TruSaint

Referee
I wonder whether they’ve chosen to pick Hunt to start because Manly are so pedestrian when Levi is playing at dummy half.

Don’t know if many of you have been watching manly closely, but they start badly due to Levi being a bit of a handbrake for them. They look much better once he is replaced and that’s generally when they score their points.

Is it possible that we are actually being tactical? A well thought out selection decision?

Maybe the panel is working.

You may right, I am not sure.

I think i'm in the minority here, but I can't understand putting out hooker and Captain at 13, to accomodate Hunt. To me, Cam is an out and out 9, whom has been forced to relocate as a result of Hunt being unhappy on the bench. Hunt himself said he " wants to play 7 "..

Are we making decisions based on contract values? IE, we cant have Hunt on the bench? If so then we are digging a massive hole?.

Time will tell, but I get the feeling it won't be long before Cam starts getting pissed for being fooked around when in fact he is great at 9 and has been for years.

Hunt at 9 at SOO is a different debate. Though I think that will be the defence for many.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
Cam is a great Club player but he is also a handbrake in our attack. I love the bloke but he needs to direct from dummy half rather than just pass and or put his arms out like he does as if to say what are we doing

TruSaint

Referee
Cam is a great Club player but he is also a handbrake in our attack. I love the bloke but he needs to direct from dummy half rather than just pass and or put his arms out like he does as if to say what are we doing

Then why don't we work on that issue of Cam's game?
I accept your point, but we bought Hunt on overs ( I don't care if its 1 mil or 800k ), to play at halfback.
Our attack needs massive overhaul.

SBD82

Coach

I think i'm in the minority here, but I can't understand putting out hooker and Captain at 13, to accomodate Hunt. To me, Cam is an out and out 9, whom has been forced to relocate as a result of Hunt being unhappy on the bench. Hunt himself said he " wants to play 7 "..

Are we making decisions based on contract values? IE, we cant have Hunt on the bench? If so then we are digging a massive hole?.

Time will tell, but I get the feeling it won't be long before Cam starts getting pissed for being fooked around when in fact he is great at 9 and has been for years.

Hunt at 9 at SOO is a different debate. Though I think that will be the defence for many.
I quite like the 9/14 combo that we have going with McInnes and Hunt, a la the old Young/Fien combo. I don’t really think that Hunt is a starting 9 either. And McInnes is a much more pure 9 than Young ever was.

Just trying to work out what’s going on. Will be interesting to see if they change Hunt back to the bench to start against the quicker 9s.

Dragonsamy

Bench

Tru
I understand what your saying . I hope it not to do with money but you never know.
I think we play better with Hunt of the bench so will be interesting to see

TruSaint

Referee
Perfect timing for this healthy debate...

Time for Hunt to reclaim halfback jersey: Joey

Eighth Immortal Andrew Johns believes it's time for Ben Hunt to reclaim the No.7 jersey and move back into his natural halfback role for St George Illawarra.

Hunt was given the punt from the Dragons' starting roster after a string of consecutive losses earlier this season.

Coming off the bench, the former Maroons star impressed in the hooker's role and has since found himself starting in the No.9 jersey, pushing skipper Cam McInnes into lock.

With the ship now steadied, Johns claimed it was time for coach Paul McGregor to revert Hunt to his natural position and unleash his skill-set to exploit the new faster ruck.

BB16zs5e.img
:copyright: Getty Ben Hunt
"I just think he's a more creative player, at clubland he's an out and out halfback." He told Wide World of Sports' Immortal Behaviour.

"We know he's been struggling the last couple of years, but the way the ruck is now with the quicker ruck, he's a running halfback, you know when he gets those sausage dog legs going, he's incredibly hard to tackle.

"I just think the way the game is going now, it really suits the way he plays. They've adjusted the way they're playing so it would suit him. I think at club level he's an out and out half-back, at rep level he's a dummy half."

The move would allow McInnes to revert back to his favoured hooker's role, despite an impressive stint at lock.

BB15B4Tn.img
:copyright: Provided by Wide World of Sports Dragons star Ben Hunt speaks on his position shift.
Johns had nothing but praise for the Dragons skipper who has been more than willing to handle any situation thrown at him.

"If you had 13 Cameron McInnes' in your side every week, you'd never get beat," Johns said.

"That's the sort of player he is. And the best thing, he doesn't jump up and down and say, 'I don't want to play lock, get my manager I wanna get out'. He takes his medicine, there's a lesson there."

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/mor...t-to-reclaim-halfback-jersey-joey/ar-BB16zs5g

TruSaint

Referee
J Johns.

"If you had 13 Cameron McInnes' in your side every week, you'd never get beat," Johns said.

"That's the sort of player he is. And the best thing, he doesn't jump up and down and say, 'I don't want to play lock, get my manager I wanna get out'. He takes his medicine, there's a lesson there."

link above.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
You could very well be right, but I hope you’re not.

Call me cold hearted, but as far as I’m concerned, if he’s not happy to do what’s best for the team, he can beat it.
I can’t call you cold hearted..

But I can call you Betty..

And Betty, when you call me, you can call me Al.

Dragonsamy

Bench
You could very well be right, but I hope you’re not.

Call me cold hearted, but as far as I’m concerned, if he’s not happy to do what’s best for the team, he can beat it.

I agree 100% but I want to here it from Ben not some bloke writing a article.

blacksafake

First Grade

I’m in the minority too Tru.
McInnes is our best 9 who can fill in at 13,simple as that.
Would like to see him run more & play heads up instead of the structured crap he’s been saddled with since signing with us.
As for Hunt I know I keep harping on about it but I’d really love to see him at 6 with his running game. And quite frankly he offers way more than Norman.