What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gareth67

First Grade
I’m in the minority too Tru.
McInnes is our best 9 who can fill in at 13,simple as that.
Would like to see him run more & play heads up instead of the structured crap he’s been saddled with since signing with us.
As for Hunt I know I keep harping on about it but I’d really love to see him at 6 with his running game. And quite frankly he offers way more than Norman.

The 4 man selection committee needs to bite the bullet and do just that buddy - dropped Norman ( a damn pity that we cannot also lessen his pay whilst not in the top 17 but we cannot have everything ) then put Benny in his correct position as you have said - 5/8 .

I believe that with Clunes he would form a more a formidable partnership , I know that I have said this before however I just enjoy watching young Clunes , great kicking game and has some really sharp passing , together with Hunt our attacking prowess would increase significantly.

Odd how we the humble supporter can understand this , but not those who are responsible for team selections ?

Last edited:

Brutalitops

Juniors
You could very well be right, but I hope you’re not.

Call me cold hearted, but as far as I’m concerned, if he’s not happy to do what’s best for the team, he can beat it.
Hunt doesn't strike me at all as the type to kick and scream about that. He was dropped to reserves by Wayne at one point and made multiple quotes to media that he was fine with it and having to earn his spot

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
The 4 man selection committee needs to bite the bullet and do just that buddy - dropped Norman ( a damn pity that we cannot also lessen his pay whilst not in the top 17 but we cannot have everything ) then put Benny in his correct position as you have said - 5/8 .

I believe that with Clunes he would form a more a formidable partnership , I know that I have said this before however I just enjoy watching young Clunes , great kicking game and has some really old sharp passing , together with Hunt our attack prowess would increase significantly.

Odd how we the humble supporter can understand this , but not those who are results for team selections ?
I agree with you..

But do we know who’s on the 4 man panel?

Or is it actually a 3 man panel?

It’s Machiavellian...

blacksafake

First Grade
Hunt doesn't strike me at all as the type to kick and scream about that. He was dropped to reserves by Wayne at one point and made multiple quotes to media that he was fine with it and having to earn his spot
Agree.
If he wasn’t a team player as well as being a sook I couldn’t imagine he’d be getting picked in any of the rep games.

Gareth67

First Grade
I agree with you..

It’s Machiavellian...
I agree with you..

It’s Machiavellian...

No I am not sure , I believe it is 4 - Mary , Dean Young , Flanagan and another chap ( not a coach ) .

As to the Machiavellian element when actually selecting the players I suppose anyone of the 4 could have that quality , but in reality I could only see Mary thinking in those terms .

Gareth67

First Grade
Cmon Stanley you know who the 4th member of the panel is, after this afternoons discussion. Don’t play dumb you silly orange man. You can tell Gareth

For a ‘horrible moment there I thought that it was I who was dumb buddy .

Last edited:

SBD82

Coach
I don’t necessarily think he is the type. More a general comment on what should happen to players with shitty attitudes.

I think he probably suffers from body language that suggests negativity even though that’s not what’s happening. Which then leads to speculation. The first game that he played off the bench for us I thought he looked disheartened and disinterested. But he always has a bit of that look about him.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I wonder whether they’ve chosen to pick Hunt to start because Manly are so pedestrian when Levi is playing at dummy half.

Don’t know if many of you have been watching manly closely, but they start badly due to Levi being a bit of a handbrake for them. They look much better once he is replaced and that’s generally when they score their points.

Is it possible that we are actually being tactical? A well thought out selection decision?

Maybe the panel is working.
I just think both Hunt and McInnes have worked up the fitness to play 80 in their new positions. Neither have ever played their positions for a full 80 for consecutive weeks it’s always been one off games here or there in Hunts case at least. I feel for McInnes it’s a hell of a workload. Hopefully he can make a real impact starting there.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
You could very well be right, but I hope you’re not.

Call me cold hearted, but as far as I’m concerned, if he’s not happy to do what’s best for the team, he can beat it.
Especially for the coin he’s on. If he’s ever to go far in rugby league playing 9 is his only option. He will never win an origin series or guide a team to a gf at 7. At 9 he could be in the top 2-3 in the game as Smith retires. He needs to embrace it.

BLM01

First Grade
Especially for the coin he’s on. If he’s ever to go far in rugby league playing 9 is his only option. He will never win an origin series or guide a team to a gf at 7. At 9 he could be in the top 2-3 in the game as Smith retires. He needs to embrace it.
I agree and whilst McInnes goes well at 13 and tackles him self to a standstill he needs to stop being also used as a hit up man in attack
they need some more work from their backsi and some of their other forwards to take these big hit ups early on in a set
not let cam try to get them on the front foot just because he’s 13
Cam would be better utilised in attack to be put in to holes or find holes cause he has got some speed over the first 25 or so snd believe it or not step
Over to the coach now but of course McNumb devising a game plans to best suit single player strengths in any squad....no chance
Friz another case in point
And how long until he was told did it take to put Tariq where he needed to be
Duffy EA Zac the list goes on

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Cmon Stanley you know who the 4th member of the panel is, after this afternoons discussion. Don’t play dumb you silly orange man. You can tell Gareth
Oh goody..

I seem to have attracted another follower..

I really should start selling merchandise..

Dragonslayer

First Grade
So what happens if DeBelins case is thrown out?

Does he go to lock, McInnes back to hooker and Hunt back to 7?, or does Hunt have a permanent spot at #14?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I like it..

Just gave it a subtle tweak..
ra,unisex_tshirt,x2200,101010:01c5ca27c6,front-c,392,146,750,1000-bg,f8f8f8.u1.jpg

Taking orders now, using standard AS colour regular fit tops...

$19.95 each, allow 2-4 weeks for delivery

Latest posts