What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs Sea Eagles

BLM01

First Grade
I still remember the young dude ringing me to ask me to rejoin. I said no chance of that until McGregor is gone. Could almost hear him shrug his shoulders.
He thanked me politely and that was that.
And probably put you down as a maybe that’s good enough as a positive snd a membership number count and showed he is reaching his KPIs

possm

Coach
Tariq Sims return a big boost for Dragons
Trent Merrin, Euan Aitken and Tyson Frizell highlight the importance of returning forward Tariq Sims and breakdown Sunday's clash with the Sea Eagles.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/07/10/tariq-sims-return-a-big-boost-for-dragons/
We need Sims and Frizell to have a blinder if we are to be in the game against Many. It is lucky that AFB and Tom Turbo are out but Garrick might just decide to fire against his old Club.

I am tipping a good game from Hunt at hooker and McInnes at lock. Once Williame comes back and Ramsey comes in on the left wing to start, we should have a competitive 17. I'd like to see Blacker get some time on the bench in place of Merrin over the next few games.

getsmarty

Immortal
We need Sims and Frizell to have a blinder if we are to be in the game against Many. It is lucky that AFB and Tom Turbo are out but Garrick might just decide to fire against his old Club.

I am tipping a good game from Hunt at hooker and McInnes at lock. Once Williame comes back and Ramsey comes in on the left wing to start, we should have a competitive 17. I'd like to see Blacker get some time on the bench in place of Merrin over the next few games.

1. Agree possm. have a Good evening.

Reactions: jak

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
  1. Agree possm. have a Good evening.
....waiting for the rest of the list
tenor.gif

Dragonslayer

First Grade
With the Titans winning our game has become a very interesting one.

Win and we could move up to 11th and McGregor looks like surviving longer.

Lose and we are 14th and McGregors walking faster along that green mile.

Lose and Broncos win we can drop to 15th. I wonder if that axe has been sent to get sharpened :thinking:

Torn on what result is best for us.

redv13

Bench

Lose and Broncos win we can drop to 15th. I wonder if that axe has been sent to get sharpened :thinking:

Option C would be best but knowing the smug tosser they’ll jag a win and be sitting 11th with next weeks game vs the bulldogs to come!!

Como Connection

First Grade

We have to suffer this season I reckon.
CC

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

I’d love that we win as many games as possible so that the short term is enjoyable, and that the board come to their senses and punt the potato so that the long term is successful..

But hey, I’m an optimist..

Coffs dragon

Bench

We are no chance of making the top eight & playing semis.
2020 is another right off year, yet can be remembered as the year of a global pandemic & finally the eradication of Mary the Peanut coach.
For this to happen, I’d be more than comfortable for the team to remain winless to guarantee hope for the future.

mickeylane

Bench
If Dragons win tomorrow I expect us to sneak into the 8 at seasons end..madness I know but the future draw is so complimentary to us that a win tomorrow will Instil a self belief into the team and w a 60% win ratio going forward will get us to 20 points being the cut off for the 8 .. the good news continues to be that the coaching staff are continuing to tinker w the starting line up.. I expect at some point if Norman fails to impress tomorrow or next week that Sailor comes into 5/8.. I’m just saying as unlikely as it sounds this team may start growing in confidence IF IT WINS TOMORROW (caveat)

redv13

Bench
If the team has a decent crack then they could win the next 3 games and be 5-6 and close to the 8.... interesting few weeks ahead.

possm

Coach
Option C would be best but knowing the smug tosser they’ll jag a win and be sitting 11th with next weeks game vs the bulldogs to come!!
I would have more confidence if the NRL reduced Flanagan's suspension by a year but ceiled his salary at the current figures for 2021. In this way, Flanagan will still serve out punishiment but can assume the head coach role for season 2021.

SBD82

Coach
I would have more confidence if the NRL reduced Flanagan's suspension by a year but ceiled his salary at the current figures for 2021. In this way, Flanagan will still serve out punishiment but can assume the head coach role for season 2021.
You’ve outdone yourself here possm.

I don’t even know where to start.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
Good to see the panthers giving the young blokes a crack at the top grade. Just shows what can happen if you give some talented kids some confidence

You reading this McGregor you peanut
Get sailor in at 6 give Saab a few more weeks and then let Ramsey on the other wing. I bet Dessie tomorrow would be shocked at that line up

throw Blacker in for good measure and let them play Rugby league

getsmarty

Immortal
24-hour warning: Round 9 v Sea Eagles
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Sat 11 Jul 2020, 06:30 PM

St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor has trimmed his squad to 19 ahead of the Dragons' Round 9 clash against the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Kogarah on Sunday, July 12.

Tariq Sims (wrist) is a confirmed starter and is joined by Jordan Pereira (suspension) as the new faces in the 17. Tyrell Fuimaono reverts to the bench.

Korbin Sims and Jason Saab are the first two players to be dropped from the initial 21-man squad named on Tuesday.

Ben Hunt has been named to start at hooker otherwise, with skipper Cameron McInnes named at lock and Trent Merrin moving back to the interchange.

Amended squad for Round 9 v Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles –
1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by EFEX
2. Jordan Pereira – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
3. Euan Aitken – sponsored by University of Wollongong
4. Zac Lomax – sponsored by Floormania
5. Mikaele Ravalawa – sponsored by Nutrition Station
6. Corey Norman – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
7. Adam Clune – sponsored by Baytek Construction
8. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by SMAI
9. Ben Hunt – sponsored by Paul's Customs and Forwarding Solutions
10. Paul Vaughan – sponsored by Fox Property
11. Tyson Frizell – sponsored by Modus Projects
12. Tariq Sims – sponsored by Stonemasons & Landscapers (since 1970)
13. Cameron McInnes (c) – sponsored by Dincel Construction System

Interchange:
14. Trent Merrin – sponsored by Dynamic Projects
15. Josh Kerr – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
16. Tyrell Fuimaono – sponsored by CMG Audio Visual
17. Jackson Ford – sponsored by TripADeal
18. Tim Lafai – sponsored by Nutrition Station
19. Tristan Sailor

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/07/11/nrl-team-round-9-v-sea-eagles/