What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 9 vs Rabbitohs @ Bankwest Stadium

Who will win? Round 9: Rabbitohs v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vozzy

Juniors
Momentum swung, because we finally got a penalty, not because benji came on
Benji plays with speed though that's the difference he makes the defence have to think quickly as soon as he came on the backs and second rowers were charging off him but before that it was 1km/hr with Brooks.

The bench forwards were an issue with size but that is due to injuries and b.j being out. Huth, Aloiai and LL are must starters from now. Garner is ok at times but also can do those 5m hit ups with no grunt.

All this while getting penalised out of the first half without having one the other way with their markers offside a few times made it completely tough.

At least the floggings they cop after being down 18-0 in the past are gone. They do fight but we are still a few signings away and maybe a few taps on the shoulders of experienced players from going to the next level.

macnaz

Staff member
I seem to think we copped it royally last week from the ref....seems to be habit forming.
Its not forming ! Its well and truly a way of life for Weststigers and even Balmain for as long as i remember. We get screwed every chance they get and far worse than any other club .

You just watch Latrine get ONE SINGLE week suspension for 2 offenses in tonight's game including a dog shot that was equal if not worse than BJ's .

gordsy

Juniors
That performance showed how far we are from being a threat for a premiership. We'll be 7th to 10th for a little while yet. We are like a cruise ship turning around, it's happening but it takes a while.

Tigerm

First Grade
Mybe is so bad not only wouldn’t the 3 Queensland teams offer him a gig, Annastacia Palaszczuk wouldn't give him a pass to cross the border.

When Benji came on I actually thought that Brooks would have moved to centre for Mybe.

A positive for me at least, was Lawrence tonight, he should retain his position which will allow them to bring in Packer and McIntyre.
Not sure why Packer wasn't playing.

Brooks, Mbye and Hoffman just couldn't defend. Grant didn't do much. Our middle forwards weren't great. Aloiai and Mikaele were good. Garner and LL were good.

Their backline is miles ahead of ours.
Their backline is miles ahead of ours, thanks scoop. However, the Tigers backline now and in previous years have had the ability but their coaches have not helped, the likes of Teddy and the guy who went to Parra are certainly better off for the move.

The South’s backline last night had what, Reynolds, Walker, Roberts, Gagai and Mitchell who have played SOO and Gagai & Mitchell have played for Australia that’s impressive and a good spread but wait, the Tigers had Reynolds, Mybe who have played SOO they had Nofa who has represented his country, they called up Lawrence who played out of position but has played at the highest level. Then they had a guy on the bench who has also played for his country and was a previous Golden Boot winner, not a bad sprinkling. Point is, it means shit at Tiger town when the 7 does take control, doesn’t touch the ball at least 3 times in every set, doesn’t point, direct, demand and ensure that his forwards go where he wants them and his backs to do the same.

WA Tiger

Bench
Its not forming ! Its well and truly a way of life for Weststigers and even Balmain for as long as i remember. We get screwed every chance they get and far worse than any other club .

You just watch Latrine get ONE SINGLE week suspension for 2 offenses in tonight's game including a dog shot that was equal if not worse than BJ's .
Seriously we need a “criticising the ref” fund and really hoe into them in the after match interview...Say $30,000 for 3 weeks worth ...long term it’s prob worth it.

Mitchell’s was far worse than BJ’s he ran in and drew blood with that direct hit with a stiff arm on Reynolds. Top of the scale..But yes 1-2 weeks max.(I heard on Fox for the first time only ex-players and not including ex refs in judiciary so lucky to get anything)

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Reynolds shouldn’t get anything because it was an accident BUT he still kicked the opposing player full in the face who then had an HIA. And you don’t do that unless your a tiny bit reckless. I think 1-2 weeks.
I did want to see who Madge chooses between Benji and Reynolds for the next game but may not have to now. Prob best not to rely on Madge for that decision

Last edited:

The Rosco

Bench
Hmmm . . . Let's see.
Despite being raped by the ref.
Despite barely passing the ball more than once.
Despite Mbye.
Despite looking barely interested in the first half.
Despite Brooks.
Despite Harry having a quiet game.
Despite the ref raping us.
Despite being down on troops.
Despite the Stevie wonder bunker.
Despite being raped by the ref.
We still only lost by 8.
EDIT: Just for shits and giggles, I had a quick look at the souffs game day thread.
here is a quote from one of the merkins there: and Cummins did his best to get the Tigers home but we dug deep.
Fkk Me Dead !!!! they seem like they genuinely think they get bad calls.

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade

The Warriors tend to cop it up the ass as much as we do but that is about it.

Wizardman

First Grade
Reynolds shouldn’t get anything because it was an accident BUT he still kicked the opposing player full in the face who then had an HIA. And you don’t do that unless your a tiny bit reckless. I think 1-2 weeks.
I did want to see who Madge chooses between Benji and Reynolds for the next game but may not have to now. Prob best not to rely on Madge for that decision
Definitely reckless and should be suspended. If Latrell did that, we'd be calling for his head.

Ok so we had a dog shot on Reynolds, a high shot on Garner and a deliberate forearm or elbow into Rowdy’s face from the same player , BJ got 4 weeks, I can’t see this commentators pet copping anything, imagine if BJ committed these offences they would want him rubbed out period,there would be an uproar in the media about players being supposed role models and parents not wanting their kids to play league blah ,blah,blah.

Tiger05

First Grade
Their backline is miles ahead of ours, thanks scoop. However, the Tigers backline now and in previous years have had the ability but their coaches have not helped, the likes of Teddy and the guy who went to Parra are certainly better off for the move.

The South’s backline last night had what, Reynolds, Walker, Roberts, Gagai and Mitchell who have played SOO and Gagai & Mitchell have played for Australia that’s impressive and a good spread but wait, the Tigers had Reynolds, Mybe who have played SOO they had Nofa who has represented his country, they called up Lawrence who played out of position but has played at the highest level. Then they had a guy on the bench who has also played for his country and was a previous Golden Boot winner, not a bad sprinkling. Point is, it means shit at Tiger town when the 7 does take control, doesn’t touch the ball at least 3 times in every set, doesn’t point, direct, demand and ensure that his forwards go where he wants them and his backs to do the same.

With all due respect trying to compare our backline to theirs and then blaming Brooks for the loss is f**ken stupid. Their backline was miles ahead of ours and we were going to cop it unless somehow our forwards smashed theirs and our spine played extremely well off that.

Brooks was shit and if he was good we might have done better but Grant, Benji, Reynolds and AD also did f**k all. The pack also got dominated by a supposedly shit Souths pack. I mean we have a lot of problems to deal with.

you know how the bunker get asked to check one thing but check everything? well the one time they dont do it, is the one time we would have got a penalty

And then there was debacle of the blatant strip on AD ruled a knock on. The touchie misses that and calls a head high. Gets challenged and overturned yet the blatant strip is still missed? I'm not sure with the captain's challenge if the bunker are restricted to ruling on the one thing or not? If we had a strong leader as captain they would have immediately counter-challenged that and disputed the knock on.

Normally I'm not one for criticising refs as they have a very hard job, have to make multiple decisions every tackle, and get pounded for every single mistake they make. But Cummins is the exception. He certainly appears to have an anti-Tigers bias. Every game he refs against us goes the same way, with multiple opposition penalties early in the game. We get behind and then he 'squares' us up late after the game is already over.

Even non-Tigers games he refs are painful to watch. The bloke cannot make a decision to save his life and refers the most basic of tries to the bunker. If his mrs gave him the tap on the shoulder he'd have to call the bunker to see if it was OK to give her one. Usually the bunker corrects his incompetencies but last night they were just as bad. They should pay Jared Maxwell more money and get him to do the bunker duties for every game.

Latest posts