What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs the Sharks

mxlegend99

Referee
Breaks tackles for fun. He’s very quick over 20-30m. If he makes a linebreak(which he will soon) from that distance he will score.
Kindas it took him so long to get a run this year. Which makes his form in his first game more impressive.

Could forgive guys for average form with what 3 months or so since a game for reserve graders?

Staines 4 on debut. Leniu scattering defence and carrying them. Its like months of pent Up footballing ability was used forgreat performance s

betcats

Referee
Kindas it took him so long to get a run this year. Which makes his form in his first game more impressive.

Could forgive guys for average form with what 3 months or so since a game for reserve graders?

Staines 4 on debut. Leniu scattering defence and carrying them. Its like months of pent Up footballing ability was used forgreat performance s

Yep it was very impressive how comfortable they looked out there

soc123_au

Staff member
Also... Gotta say Edwards has really evolved his game this year. His ball playing isnt Moylan like. But f**k me dead has it improved. A gullback getting the ball out wide has unlockedt backline and he's still really good at kick returns. His ball running isnt yet at its best. But hes still more dangerous than ever with his ball playing

Edwards strikes me as the type of person who will do whatever work he has to to get better. He might take longer to develop than someone born with ability, but if he gets a decent run injury free I'd back him to get to the stage that he is a very complete player. He is never going to be a Teddy or Turbo, bit still a very good player.

Fangs

Coach
One player with an average game was Kikau. Slipped in defence and made a poor option laying down at marker. He still managed to rattle quite a few Sharks players in defence which created errors so not at
Breaks tackles for fun. He’s very quick over 20-30m. If he makes a linebreak(which he will soon) from that distance he will score.

He has a bit more than that to his game to. I think his ball playing is the best out of any of our middle forwards. Valuable in the red zone when we need to shift it through the hands quickly.

mxlegend99

Referee
Cmon oldie even for you that’s going off prematurely.

That right edge would be ripped apart by a half decent team.
Better than the right edge that couldn't score in a brothel.

Whare had a long run against a variety of teams. He got torn apart a couple times. Never once broke a tackle. Broke the line or setup a try.

He easily was worth negative points since he never ever contributed to them. Whare offers nothing at all.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
F$&k yeah! We sizzled tonight! It was a fun game to watch, especially considering I was surrounded by Sharks supporters.

Still a few frustrating mistakes that lead to points, but it was great to watch the lads throw it around.

I love our team, we are in a great place at the moment.

Two thumbs up! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cmon oldie even for you that’s going off prematurely.

That right edge would be ripped apart by a half decent team.

Next three games are

Cowboys
Titans
Manly (minus a couple of their biggest stars)

Seems like a decent run to give the young guys, see if their defence can improve. Let Whare get his toe 100%

martielang

Bench
Next three games are

Cowboys
Titans
Manly (minus a couple of their biggest stars)

Seems like a decent run to give the young guys, see if their defence can improve. Let Whare get his toe 100%

No issue with that at all.

That’s a lot different to claiming our back 5 is sorted & it’s a no contest.

No issue with that at all.

That’s a lot different to claiming our back 5 is sorted & it’s a no contest.

I honestly think all things being equal it should be hard for Whare to get back in the team. I understand the idea of having a calm head in defence out there, but he literally offers nothing in attack. Not sure someone who can’t even make a line break belongs in an NRL backline.