What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LU Panthers Forum Player of the Year 2020

The_Frog

First Grade
Round 9 vs Sharks

Edwards 9
Mansour 6
Crichton 8
Naden 8
Staines 8
Luai 7
Cleary 7
Tamou 7
Koroisau 7
Fisher-Harris 8
Kikau 7
Martin 7
Yeo 7

Leota 6
Burns 6
Leniu 6
May 6

Fangs

Coach
Edwards 10
Mansour 5
Crichton 8
Naden 8
Staines 9.5 (If that is allowed, otherwise its a 9)
Luai 7
Cleary 7
Tamou 6
Koroisau 7
Fisher-Harris 8
Kikau 5
Martin 7
Yeo 8

Leota 7
Burns 6
Leniu 8
May 7

Tough to give out bad numbers. Mansour and Kikau both made big blunders but they weren't deplorable. Very good team performance with great impact from our bench.

Flashstep

Juniors
Edwards 9
Mansour 5
Crichton 8
Naden 8
Staines 10
Luai 6
Cleary 6
Tamou 7
Api 7
JFH 7
Kikau 6
Martin 6
Yeo 7

Leota 6
Burns 6
Leinu 6
May 6

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Round 9 vs Sharks

Edwards 9
Mansour 6
Crichton 8
Naden 8
Staines 10 couldn't have done more
Luai 8
Cleary 7
Tamou 7
Koroisau 7
Fisher-Harris 8
Kikau 7
Martin 7
Yeo 7

Leota 6
Burns 6
Leniu 7
May 6

Pomoz

Bench
Round 9 vs Sharks

Edwards 9
Mansour 6
Crichton 8
Naden 8
Staines 10
Luai 8
Cleary 7
Tamou 8
Koroisau 7
Fisher-Harris 8
Kikau 7
Martin 7
Yeo 8

Leota 7
Burns 6
Leniu 7
May 7

What a joy to watch, a Panther's team attacking with flair. A couple of points:
  • I don't give out 10's ever, but I actually couldn't think what more Staines could have done on debut. I come up with mow the grass, paint the lines and drive the team bus. Nobody has confirmed that he didn't do that as well, so a 10 it is;
  • Our engine room delivered once again. Every game Tamou, JFH and Yeo get the job done. The bench then build on their good work;
  • We can now add Leniu to our list of strong bench forwards, good job Spencer;
  • Burns is still a bit down on output and need to raise his intensity. He can certainly read the game well though and scored a good try, something he has a knack for;
  • The backline is just a different proposition with Whare out, suddenly we have creativity and space created because of the speed X factor. Crichton and Naden are actually quite skilful too;
  • Kikau seems a bit flat at the moment. He's a big guy so his body would be feeling it after 7 tough weeks. We should consider resting him, or, at least starting him on the bench. When is Capewell back?;
  • May really adds to our options in attack when he is on the field. A line break assist and try assist in his 26 minutes. Defences now have to watch Api, Cleary, Luai and May, because they all can create something. In 2003 we had Girdler, Gower, Campbell and Priddis who could create something from nothing. The four musketeers that destroyed sides on the way to our Premiership. Maybe, just maybe, May can be the fourth musketeer.

WestyLife

First Grade
Round 9 vs Sharks

Edwards 9
Mansour 3
Crichton 8
Naden 9
Staines 10
Luai 7
Cleary 8
Tamou 6
Koroisau 8
Fisher-Harris 8
Kikau 5
Martin 6
Yeo 8

Leota 5
Burns 7
Leniu 8
May 8

The_Frog

First Grade
Round 8 vs Tigers Average Ratings

Edwards 7.3
Mansour 7.1
Crichton 7.2
Naden 6.0
To'o 6.7
Luai 8.2
Cleary 7.7
Tamou 7.3
Koroisau 8.7
Fisher-Harris 8.1
Martin 6.1
Kikau 6.2
Yeo 7.5

Tetevano 6.6
Leota 7.0
May 5.3
Burns 4.7

Standings (games)

1. Fisher-Harris 625 (8)
2. Koroisau 600 (8)
3. Yeo 599 (8)
4. To'o 545 (8)
5. Kikau 538 (8)
6. Tamou 529 (8)
7. Luai 527 (8)
8. Crichton 513 (8)
9. Leota 483 (8)
10. Tetevano 477 (8)
11. Cleary 473 (6)
12. Mansour 453 (7)
13. Martin 370 (6)
14. Whare 329 (7)
15. Burns 275 (6)
16. Aekins 273 (5)
17. Naden 263 (4)
18. Edwards 230 (3)
19. Burton 180 (3)
20. Capewell 142 (4)
21. Kenny 70 (2)
22. May 53 (1)
23. Hetherington 51 (1)

Tronald Crump

Juniors
Edwards 9
Mansour 6
Crichton 8
Naden 8
Staines 10
Luai 7
Cleary 7
Tamou 7
Koroisau 7.5
Fisher-Harris 8
Kikau 7
Martin 7
Yeo 7.5

Leota 6
Burns 6
Leniu 6.5
May 6

Kilkenny

Coach
After three viewings here we go;

Edward 9.
Mansour 6.
Crichton 7.
Naden 8.
Staines 9.
Luai 8.
Cleary 7.
Tamou 7.
Api 7.
JFH 8.
Kikau 7.
Martin 7.
Yeo 8.

Leota 7.
May 7.
Burns 7.
Lenui 7.

WestyLife

First Grade
Which errors would they be?
Then why are'nt you calling for Naden to be dropped for his errors?

Maybe because he's playing better than the incumbent backline while getting only 2 games on different sides of the field in two different positions. If not for his own issues in the sharks game I'd be giving him a 10 but his defence was less than perfect.

Naden Vs Sharks

1 try
ARM: 133
Line breaks: 1
Line Break Assist: 2
Try assist: 1
Tackle breaks: 5
Errors: 1

betcats

Referee
Maybe because he's playing better than the incumbent backline while getting only 2 games on different sides of the field in two different positions. If not for his own issues in the sharks game I'd be giving him a 10 but his defence was less than perfect.

Naden Vs Sharks

1 try
ARM: 133
Line breaks: 1
Line Break Assist: 2
Try assist: 1
Tackle breaks: 5
Errors: 1

Yep he was great, none of those stats will count his tap back off the bomb for Staines second try, Edwards will get the assist there but it was the kick and the tap back that made that try, Dyl and Charlie just finished it off well.

WestyLife

First Grade
Yep he was great, none of those stats will count his tap back off the bomb for Staines second try, Edwards will get the assist there but it was the kick and the tap back that made that try, Dyl and Charlie just finished it off well.

I almost forgot that part. For the record I'm not even trying to bash Mansour and Whare. I think they'd still be able to walk into a few teams and start. We are just moving past them and they are coming very close to their end here.

betcats

Referee
I almost forgot that part. For the record I'm not even trying to bash Mansour and Whare. I think they'd still be able to walk into a few teams and start. We are just moving past them and they are coming very close to their end here.

They 100 percent will be depth players by seasons end, the writing is on the wall. Sauce really just offers metres now, and he undoes that with the amount of unforced errors he comes up. If he doesnt bomb a try in a game he is knocking on in our own 30m zone. Twice in one half is unacceptable, against a top four side it could very well cost us the game. He tries hard but that should be the minimum required at this level. Whare doesnt make mistakes and defends pretty well but he does not offer anything in attack. Naden is making good metres in his early runs, breaking tackles, coming up with linebreaks, LB assists and try assists and he is an aerial threat. He might concede some tries through poor defence but I will live with that considering the attacking options he gives us.

The_Frog

First Grade
Mansour would be fine without the play the ball errors he keeps coming up with. It's getting harder to justify Dean but we'll see when a decent side targets our rookie threequarters.

WestyLife

First Grade
Mansour would be fine without the play the ball errors he keeps coming up with. It's getting harder to justify Dean but we'll see when a decent side targets our rookie threequarters.

There will definitely be a defensive drop with the new guys. It's just a matter of how it balances out with the attack. Are we overall gaining or losing.

Pomoz

Bench
To be fair, the Tigers players were all over him like a cheap suit when he made those errors and as the commentators said about one of them "it was the ugliest play the ball they had ever seen, but it was legal, the ref made the wrong call".

I don't blame the ref, it really was a monstrosity of a play the ball, but the Tigers players were all over him again.