What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Gareth67

First Grade
well this weeks preview has given us a few words of wisdom from supercoach ..
we have had a 9 day turnaround and in that time we have " worked on our craft and team game ""

can someone out there decipher this new batch of supercoach gobbleygook .......
also we needed better start to game so thats why hunt is starting and mcinness is a running passing tackling no 13 ... and tariq has replaced an improving Tyrell !!! .. and just to top it off JP had to come back in because we had won 2 games before he got suspended ...

2 minutes of my life i have just wasted
DA8B00C2-5A26-4EAD-9743-C4F7CD9C0601.png

“ Oh for pity sake some of you blokes are THICK ! Read between the lines - read between the lines man , it’s all in code ! Do you think I want the opposition’s coaches to know what our real game plan is ? It is indeed all gooblycock and cocklygoo to throw them off the true purpose of my trusty white-board equations . After all I am nobody’s fool “

“ Yuk , yuk “

Last edited:

Dragsters

First Grade
Yeah, I pointed the finger at Marys manager and aligned phantom callers, but a moderator here edited me for alleged corruption.

It was more of a joke.

Spy: “ it’s Agent 99, Agent 99 from Bank West”

sgi intelligence: what?

Spy:“ The pink pig flys over the moonlight taj?

Sgi: ffs, someone wants to sign Mary? Are you drunk old mate?

Anyway, hoops reckons it’s true. It’s hit and miss with journos I know. But he swears by it.

The board got sold a massive dummy, literally...

Last edited:

redVinme

Juniors

Who's got Twitter? Surely we can send a few signals his way and at least generate another article. He is perfect for this format and really oozes being a real winner.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Does anyone truely believe that Andrew Gordon will fork out $1mil of his daddy’s money to flick his good buddy Paul the Peanut...in order for success?
Sorry, but I get the feeling we are stuck with McWreckor whom will continue to be a protected species.

Last edited:

hazzbeen

Bench
This Guy's a Genius , have said it before .... He is way ahead of his time he has been social distancing the team for 6 years ..... This is why no one passes , they don't tackle , so they let tries in , must keep 1.5 metres away from opposition ...... The Board must be commended for their foresight having a coach way ahead of his time ..... Well done to all involved ..... :p

I checked back at the academic literature around the time of Marys most current re-signing and at the time, he had a 51% win rate.

The board and be were not put off at the lack of composure at the very end of the last finals appearance.

We see now that he has 2 wins from 8 games, at 20% ( less after this evening I imagine) into this contract and let’s avoid discussing last year.

High Finance at SGI:

I think we’ve heard the strong rumours that whatever the St George side of the joint venture puts to win ( represented by Andrew) it isn’t getting as much air as they would like.

Looking back at the privatisation of the Illawarra side of the equation, I suppose win thought it could better ingratiate itself into the hearts and minds of supporters, actually Try to own a piece of the emotion that fans and members put into the club.

If the club was successful, they could try to ride on that commercially to move more product, sell more advertising space etc. Basically have an increased presence in stakeholders minds. So maybe thousands of people were expected to choose the win associated product over competitors.

I think that would have been part of the business case. Bj was very happy and optimistic with the arrangements. The sum paid by win for their direct entry was held in confidence but they paid out a fat loan. I am disappointed by the lack of disclosure about such vital club business.

When we are looking at amounts and so forth, we are not privy to the taxation ramifications and so where available, the real cost to win is hard to make out. Companies do their best to offset earnings with losses. It’s complex. Without figures it’s hard to know the real cost to win for the assett, but I’d be surprised if they were losing money hand over fist by the association.

So strange as it seems, if the cost of continuing to lose can be deflected onto the tax payer, all legal and so forth, therefore it may be that the drive for success is not the core issue of wins accountants and money people.

It might be nice, but it’s unlikely to be the difference between life and death, because they would otherwise be getting out of the experiment ASAP. Bjs predictions of fat coffers has not seemed to come to pass.

And I haven’t seen the clauses, but if a company owns an assett, it can usually divest itself of that and put it to market. So in theory another entity could buy in and take its place on the board.

I think you guys have a right to know the finer details of the corporate arrangements and whether or not your efforts and emotional investment is being supported by the win machine on their books.

If they are losing money hand over fist over sgi, then it seems to suggest their contribution is wanting. If it’s cost neutral or there are a few tax offsets or genuine profits in it, why change anything?

My own view is that the evidence suggests that they are not as skilled in the nrl business as they could be. It’s been a pr disaster we all know that much. It’s the curse of the Illawarra perhaps. Andrew should replace his sgi team with a view to installing people who understand the game better. Not the publicists like Gould, but what about a role for the roosters 2ic etc? Pay out his rooster contract and install him on the sgi board as a win rep.

I don’t think Marys greedy position on his $16k a week is very helpful.

I’m not sure everyone at win would appreciate it as a gesture. Not much goodwill there. Andrew might be ok with it, but his underlings would be wondering about the return for investment.

Moving forward:

I still think the commercial argument for sacking him now is fairly strong. This season is finished. You get a good lead time into next year to recruit gifted officials who design and introduce changes, a lot of fans and members will touch base knowing there is hope.

Depending on the contracts, you can undo the destructive changes brought about by the review.

You get to use the co vid excuse. Mary can keep his delusion of dignity intact.

The stampede of players to get out might slow down a bit.

The board can boast about its “ tough decisions”

Last edited:

Banjo2014

Juniors
I think most people on the forum know my views on James Graham (Over rated)

So he goes to Supercoach and the Board and asks for an early release - hey - granted.

Today we sign this young bloke from Penrith Kaide Ellis. Since debuting in 2018, the back-rower has played 10 games but has not featured since round 10 last season.

Last night on Fox during warm up - the commentators reported that James Graham was instrumental in the Bulldogs signing Luke Ellis?????? I understand that Luke Ellis has been a doggie supporter since he was young but you would think there had to be a way that Dragons could let a few of the guys who want to go to make room for Luke Ellis.

Maybe salary cap issues etc but does not sit well with the Philippine dragons supporters over here and there are plenty of us.

BTW still in lockdown here since 12 March - cannot leave the house unless grocery shopping so maybe this is why I am a little agitated.

Sack McGregor

Dragsters

First Grade
Does anyone truely believe that Andrew Gordon will fork out $1mil of his daddy’s money to flick his good buddy Paul the Peanut...in order for success?
Sorry, but I get the feeling we are stuck with McWreckor whom will continue to be a protected species.

I really don't expect them to do anything this year but he clearly can't be the coach next year.

Last edited:

Warabrook saint

Juniors
I really don't expect them to do anything this year but he clearly can't be the coach next year.
Unfortunately if he manages to jag a few wins he probably will be......gus told them there's no point in getting rid of the coach so they'll gladly go with that for the love of their mary. They make me sick

Latest posts