What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragon David

First Grade
Played a few games for the roosters before the panthers Also he represented Fiji in the last World Cup, big unit
Hi Dragonsamy. Got the following from the Panthers website:-

"Hailing from Dubbo, Ellis is a product of the Panthers junior pathways system and was a member of the club's premiership-winning NYC side in 2015. His man-of-the-match performance in the 2017 ISP State Championship game meant Panthers could celebrate a memorable double after also sealing the ISP premiership a week earlier. In 2018 Ellis was appointed captain of the Panthers ISP side and went on to make his NRL debut".

He is 23, height is 191cm, weight 106 kg.

BIG RIG

Juniors
Looks like Kaide Ellis is a done deal for a Mid yr switch

Also briefly heard on Triple M that St George have missed out on Addo Carr for next yr

BIG RIG

Juniors
Also Saab , Sailor , Host, Aitken and K Sims all to depart at the end of 2020

Scary to think who the f**k were gonna replace all these guys with when nobody wants anything to do with this club

redv13

Bench
Also Saab , Sailor , Host, Aitken and K Sims all to depart at the end of 2020

Scary to think who the f**k were gonna replace all these guys with when nobody wants anything to do with this club
Shame if they let Host go. He is worth keeping but the rest I have no dramas seeing the back of

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Ellis aligns with our recruitment MO.

An average player who can't get a start at another club, happily released to come to us.

All we do these days is wait for rejects, there is no active recruitment happening.
Unfortunately we have no choice. David Fifita’s are just not coming. To be quite honest, Ellis is a tough country boy with good size and skill. With a good coach he could end up being a handy pickup. As a like for like replacement for Graham he’s actually not too bad at all, will certainly give us more go forward than a 400 game old Graham could.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
May get a run as a bench forward at the Dragons. It appears that he has gone down the pecking order at the Panthers with the likes of Billy Burns and Spencer Leniu ahead of him. Best of luck to him.
Congrats on the win over the gummies, thanks for wiping the floor with them at Kogarah. It’s not their home ground.

The reality is the Calm One is right.

No one is coming until McFlop leaves.

As for those that are expected to depart, I would attempt to retain Sailor, Host and Aitken.

Sailor should be given at least 8 consecutive games at 6.

Host should be given a run as an edge forward running off Clune.

Aitken has defended better on the left side. I would keep him as the back up left centre.

Williame is a fill in until we produce a gun left centre.

George Dragon

Juniors
To be honest, I've not seen much of Tyran Wishart. He has good pedigree in that his dad is the one and only Rod Wishart. I believe he is still quite young - about 17 and looking at some of the news on him he has the talent to make first grade one day.

It is just a shame that this blasted Covid 19 negated the CC Cup and other grades being played this year so not able to see highlights etc.

Do you have much info on him Dragonslayer?
Ty is 21 hard as his Dad and skills plays 5/8. He will be playing for Gerringong when comp starts
Best person to ask is @George Dragon he's pretty much up to speed with our players.

There's also another junior that he may shed some light on too, name escapes me
Ty Slone... can play anywhere still only 18.

Last edited:

qld redvee

Juniors
Luke Lafai Graham all mid season departures - how is supercoach feeling now that "his team ' are now looking for opportunities . broncos and dogs hardly setting the comp alight . These moves will save us $$$ but how do we fill our squad up ?? Its NO use signing plodders for anything more than the season and realistically players outside the 19 are not going to get a look in by supercoach SO do we just keep promoting our junior talent into the vacancies ? the only negative would be a total lack of experience for 2021 ... BUT maybe this is exactly what the new coach wants ( LETS HOPE)

Gareth67

First Grade
We need to go to the cemetery and exhume Harry Bath

I believe that there is a man already here at the Dragons , certainly no B&H Harry Bath but nevertheless more than capable of mentoring our young players . But unfortunately once his suspension is completed he may very well look towards greener pastures.

Shame as the Dragons could really go places with him controlling the reins .

Last edited: