What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Come home Warriors

Meth

Staff member
I'm back here again. Another shithouse performance from the refs and it has hardly been acknowledged. Again, wasn't the reason that we lost- we were the major reason for that. But not a single penalty when many were justified and a howler of a decision from the bunker.

Payten has refused to blame the refs and fair enough- but I'd love for him to get stuck into them about it. At least let the bastards know that we notice it.

JJ

Immortal
I'm back here again. Another shithouse performance from the refs and it has hardly been acknowledged. Again, wasn't the reason that we lost- we were the major reason for that. But not a single penalty when many were justified and a howler of a decision from the bunker.

Payten has refused to blame the refs and fair enough- but I'd love for him to get stuck into them about it. At least let the bastards know that we notice it.
Not sure it's just us. Canberra certainly have a huge gripe... bunker seems to see things differently to everyone else. 5-0 on penalties is strange, what was the six again count?

Barely reserve grade standard from teams and officials, just embarrassing all round

Big Marn

Juniors
Paytens first few games kind of feels like McFadden all over again. After getting a good result, he's had to cop some shit performances from the team combined with diabolical refereeing decisions. Its seems like a never ending circle.

Big Marn

Juniors

RTS doesnt know how to work the refs like other captains. Steve Price was good at letting them know when we were owed a square up. RTS is too quiet.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

Definitely was raised on the forum, by me and others. Did the NRL mention that pathetic no try ruling? Soward did, Gould did, all the others on the call did.

Meth

Staff member
Definitely was raised on the forum, by me and others. Did the NRL mention that pathetic no try ruling? Soward did, Gould did, all the others on the call did.

Oh yeah, wasn't meaning in this forum. Was meaning by the media in general. A lot of press on the Simonsson sin binning. Not much on the generally pathetic officiating that we copped...again.

I see that there has been a "please explain" comment by Justin Morgan and the boss. I'm basically for more than that.

Meth

Staff member
Apology for the no try ruling will come today. I'm more concerned with how the ruck was (or wasn't) policed. I thought the Titans were as bad as anyone on Friday

Penrose_11

Juniors
I’m also interested in what they say bout the tackled in the air call when a nearly identical one was ruled differently earlier on

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Oh yeah, wasn't meaning in this forum. Was meaning by the media in general. A lot of press on the Simonsson sin binning. Not much on the generally pathetic officiating that we copped...again.

I see that there has been a "please explain" comment by Justin Morgan and the boss. I'm basically for more than that.

I just saw that Simonsson one, that's the worst decision I've ever seen in rugby league. How does these guys get these decisions so badly wrong? I swear it's feel. I'd also say that incidents like that one, the Hethrington one etc shouldn't be allowed to be watched in slow mo. The ones at the corner, the tight put downs etc, no issue. But when it's something like that, where the feel needs to come from real time speed, just don't slow it down. Because we get imbecile decisions like these ones.

JJ

Immortal
Yep, the Simonsen one set a new low imo

Inconsistencies on the field I can handle - I think most teams get a bunch of bum calls... but how the bunker, with 'every angle' can get things so wrong is beyond me - the Hetherington one was bad - at least you could understand what they were thinking, even if not why they were thinking it - the Simonsen one was criminal... he was binned for a 'professional foul' - if that was a professional foul, he should get an Oscar because it was the cleverest disguise for one ever

TheDMC

Bench
I just saw that Simonsson one, that's the worst decision I've ever seen in rugby league. How does these guys get these decisions so badly wrong? I swear it's feel. I'd also say that incidents like that one, the Hethrington one etc shouldn't be allowed to be watched in slow mo. The ones at the corner, the tight put downs etc, no issue. But when it's something like that, where the feel needs to come from real time speed, just don't slow it down. Because we get imbecile decisions like these ones.

I don't think slow speed made either Hetherington or Simonsson's efforts look like no tries. Bunker are just f**k-knuckles.

Meth

Staff member
RTS doesnt know how to work the refs like other captains. Steve Price was good at letting them know when we were owed a square up. RTS is too quiet.

Yeah would like to see Green chirping a bit

jaseg

Juniors
LOL @ Annesley claiming that was a 50/50. No, you moron.

If that's the result of their process then, I guess, thanks for confirming that it's not down to individual error - the whole f**king thing is broken.

Then you follow that with the tone deaf assertion that "The Bunker generally do a very good job on the decisions sent to them" after the round they just had...

f**k off.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Once again the problem is that the gun shy refs are sending everything upstairs.

If they just made a decision on the ground this wouldn't be as big of an issue in the game. They were good for 1 week and then went back to old habits of literally checking everything.

Leber

Bench
I'f the refs aren't gunna respect us, then come up and lets f**k up their comp.

We are a shit team with shit results. Lets use this.

It'll be fun.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Once again the problem is that the gun shy refs are sending everything upstairs.

If they just made a decision on the ground this wouldn't be as big of an issue in the game. They were good for 1 week and then went back to old habits of literally checking everything.

Unfortunately in the modern era though, they can't make it on ground. The scrutiny is too great. We're in the information era, the technology era. We know we can see it, so we demand to. That's probably what happened - they started going with their gut, but then got gun shy with the technology.

Although having said that, these plonkers can still look at the video and come up with something different. Then their boss can say it's 50-50? f**k off. Cmon NRL. We're rubbish enough without copping this sort of stuff.

I don't think slow speed made either Hetherington or Simonsson's efforts look like no tries. Bunker are just f**k-knuckles.

No, I don't either. But slowing it down can make it feel different...unrealistic. You lose the feel of how that looked in real time.

Then you follow that with the tone deaf assertion that "The Bunker generally do a very good job on the decisions sent to them" after the round they just had..

They trot this one out when they're f**king things up. '96% of our calls are correct'. Well 90% of them are deciding if the sky is blue or the sun is hot. 5% might be pretty obvious and just hard enough for a trained monkey to not grasp, 1% take knowledge of the rules then they f**k up the other 4% that they should get right. I've not seen one person (save Annersley now) who thinks Hetherington's was a no try and that Simonsson should've been binned.

JJ

Immortal
They trot this one out when they're f**king things up. '96% of our calls are correct'. Well 90% of them are deciding if the sky is blue or the sun is hot. 5% might be pretty obvious and just hard enough for a trained monkey to not grasp, 1% take knowledge of the rules then they f**k up the other 4% that they should get right. I've not seen one person (save Annersley now) who thinks Hetherington's was a no try and that Simonsson should've been binned.
Yeah, most of the calls are easy - to me Hetherington's was easy too, and Simonsen's was not even debatable - why they needed to have repeated looks, and then came to that call is astounding (Hetherington warranted a few looks, but that's all)

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Warriors may be on the move

Is a possibility of all 16 clubs having to move into Queensland as there as a few hotspots in Sydney that the Qld Premier is considering not letting past the border, that would effect the Tigers, Eels and Panthers

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Then you'd have to believe the chances their families are getting across the border becomes even slimmer? I can see a point in 5-6 weeks where we're out of the competition (we are now but hear me out) points-wise and a lot of guys just completing pull up stumps.