What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kaide Ellis signs

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Honestly I am disappointed Kaide didn’t get the breaks he deserved with us. He has a big motor meaning he can play big minutes. He has an offload, if allowed to express himself. He is a leader. He is a super nice human being. Tough as teak. Will he play SOO no he won’t he isn’t quite at that level but if you want someone who will never turn his toes up, do the tough stuff and never, never let you down well he is your man. Sad to see him go but I understand it because he was fifth or sixth in line of our front rowers and it is time he gets a well deserved opportunity. I can guarantee this, you may never talk about Kaide winning you games of footy but you will respect his endeavour, work rate and commitment to the cause. I wish Kaide all the very best with you guys and I hope he goes on to play 150 NRL games or more.
No team can have a whole team full of origin players except the Rorters, we all need a solid grafter or three.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Brilliant...hasn't even played a game and our " Supporters " are ripping into him... And then you wonder why no one wants to sign up with us...LOL

P.S All the Best Kaide.... just follow whatever Flanno and Shephard tell you and you will go o.k
If I didn't know anything about any clubs, and I was making my decision about who to sign with based on the way Dragons fans on this forum treat new signing (or even current players who are out of form) I would not sign with the club in a million years. It's disgraceful, since when did acting like a drunk bloke screaming at the tv from his couch become such a popular way to act? People lack the ability to judge a signing in context around here and simply want every signing to be a name they know from highlights reels, no matter what the state of the market is at the moment.

Problems with the club are irrelevant regarding this. There is no reason to treat players and prospective players like this. The club is doing its best to keep potential signings away, we don't need players put off because of the fans as well

Kilkenny

Coach
No team can have a whole team full of origin players except the Rorters, we all need a solid grafter or three.

Well solid grafter you have. Having said that he is capable of more than just graft.

In his defence he has been stuck behind the mainstays of our forward pack since he made his debut.

JFH, Tamou, Leota and more recently Tetevano rarely get injured. We have a young gun in Spencer Lenui who is the next in line which left Kaide in the position where clearly he had to go elsewhere to get an opportunity.

I truly believe he will deliver for you guys as long as your coaching staff show faith in him and that is they key. I have watched the 1st half of this evenings game against the Sea Eagles and I haven’t seen anything from your current front rowers to suggest Kaide Ellis cannot deliver the same job or even better it.

I re-iterate he is not ever going to figure in SOO selection meetings he is not at that level but if you want someone who will deliver consistent solid no frills, no mistake performances then you will benefit.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Sure mate. I’m sure we’re all hoping that he will be a gun. The issue is, this smells like another Patrick Kaufusi type signing where we signed an offload from another team who played like an offload from another team.
Obviously, Pat Kaufusi was a pretty nothing signing. However, one must consider the context of the club and competition at that time. Once you do, there was really very little wrong with signing him.

We are given small salary cap dispensation for the remainder of the season only. We are a player down in JDB and he will definitely not be returning. The NRL have strict guidelines on the type of player available to be spent on. I am unsure of the transfer deadline of June 30 regarding Kaufusi but it would simply add more merit to the signing.

Kaufusi was essentially a free replacement for 6 months which we had no intention of keeping, short of some amazing form. We had this free cap space but had to be spent now, so you take what's on the market because why not? What other player were we going to snag for the NRLs price for such a short time?

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Well solid grafter you have. Having said that he is capable of more than just graft.

In his defence he has been stuck behind the mainstays of our forward pack since he made his debut.

JFH, Tamou, Leota and more recently Tetevano rarely get injured. We have a young gun in Spencer Lenui who is the next in line which left Kaide in the position where clearly he had to go elsewhere to get an opportunity.

I truly believe he will deliver for you guys as long as your coaching staff show faith in him and that is they key. I have watched the 1st half of this evenings game against the Sea Eagles and I haven’t seen anything from your current front rowers to suggest Kaide Ellis cannot deliver the same job or even better it.

I re-iterate he is not ever going to figure in SOO selection meetings he is not at that level but if you want someone who will deliver consistent solid no frills, no mistake performances then you will benefit.
Yeah I’m excited hope he gets a run.

The calm one

Juniors
Just want things to turn around. Get rid of the 'old boy' appointments, the factions, and the under-performing players. Replace them with above-average people that can do the job well. If that happens you will only hear positive things from me.

I really hope the kid goes well however, to describe him as a replacement for Graham is more than a bit silly. We desperately need a bookend for Vaughan, a like for like replacement for Frizell and a marquee fullback/left-centre.
And who is going to pay for all of this ????

Kilkenny

Coach
Yeah I’m excited hope he gets a run.

If you are expecting a SOO prop then you will be disappointed.

If your accepting of a really solid big hearted player capable of playing big minutes with a little bit of X factor in that he has an offload or two in his game then Kaide will be good for you.

Great win against the Sea Eagles this evening, I watched it, and the win was really never in doubt against a side which sadly without two of there big guns were there for the taking.

The Dragons got the job done and that is all you can ask at the end of the day.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
If you are expecting a SOO prop then you will be disappointed.

If your accepting of a really solid big hearted player capable of playing big minutes with a little bit of X factor in that he has an offload or two in his game then Kaide will be good for you.

Great win against the Sea Eagles this evening, I watched it, and the win was really never in doubt against a side which sadly without two of there big guns were there for the taking.

The Dragons got the job done and that is all you can ask at the end of the day.
I’m definitely not expecting any origin props to come to the saints, we don’t buy origin players. We buy discards, and every now and again they become origin players.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Honestly I am disappointed Kaide didn’t get the breaks he deserved with us. He has a big motor meaning he can play big minutes. He has an offload, if allowed to express himself. He is a leader. He is a super nice human being. Tough as teak. Will he play SOO no he won’t he isn’t quite at that level but if you want someone who will never turn his toes up, do the tough stuff and never, never let you down well he is your man. Sad to see him go but I understand it because he was fifth or sixth in line of our front rowers and it is time he gets a well deserved opportunity. I can guarantee this, you may never talk about Kaide winning you games of footy but you will respect his endeavour, work rate and commitment to the cause. I wish Kaide all the very best with you guys and I hope he goes on to play 150 NRL games or more.
A toiler will always be welcome at the Dragons. Is he a Robert Stone type who never shrugged the hard work I'll take him.
PS Did you see how the team played today must have heard he is coming.

boardlumps62

Juniors
I have a feeling if those amongst us who see themselves are an astute judge of a player with ability may have noticed this bloke playing for Penrith on occasions when he had a run in NRL. He played on the left side for Panthers remember him solid as I could be wrong at the time I thought he was a good one.
Anyone notice him?

True_Believer

Juniors
If I didn't know anything about any clubs, and I was making my decision about who to sign with based on the way Dragons fans on this forum treat new signing (or even current players who are out of form) I would not sign with the club in a million years.

Absolutely agree. If I had a young fella coming through, I'd have him steer clear of the Saints - partially because of the club at the moment, but also because of the fans.

People lack the ability to judge a signing in context around here and simply want every signing to be a name they know from highlights reels, no matter what the state of the market is at the moment.

And then when they don't perform first game call for them to be axed or let go. It's laughable.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Absolutely agree. If I had a young fella coming through, I'd have him steer clear of the Saints - partially because of the club at the moment, but also because of the fans.

And then when they don't perform first game call for them to be axed or let go. It's laughable.
I might be wrong but team body language telling me things have changed for the better within team and coaching camp ( Flanno and Mary at same level)

True_Believer

Juniors
I might be wrong but team body language telling me things have changed for the better within team and coaching camp ( Flanno and Mary at same level)

Seemed so tonight. It looked like they were talking alot tonight. And even though the first 20 wasn't great, they seemed to just stick with it and didn't get dejected. Manly might have played poorly, but they did appear to go about it differently tonight. Hopefully they can build on this in the weeks to come.

blacksafake

First Grade
Made his debut for us in the early part of 2018 at the height of the Great Refereeing Blitz. Seemed to get binned every week, which probably did nothing for his confidence. He's a willing and hard working forward and good to see him getting an opportunity. He's got lots of people ahead of him now at Penrith and unlikely he'd have got a run this year. Played 8 first grade games for us, all but one off the bench.
Thanks

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
If I didn't know anything about any clubs, and I was making my decision about who to sign with based on the way Dragons fans on this forum treat new signing (or even current players who are out of form) I would not sign with the club in a million years. It's disgraceful, since when did acting like a drunk bloke screaming at the tv from his couch become such a popular way to act? People lack the ability to judge a signing in context around here and simply want every signing to be a name they know from highlights reels, no matter what the state of the market is at the moment.

Problems with the club are irrelevant regarding this. There is no reason to treat players and prospective players like this. The club is doing its best to keep potential signings away, we don't need players put off because of the fans as well
Spot on mate. A large number of people on this forum are literally the most negative human beings I have ever encountered. We could win the grand final and they would find something to whinge about. It’s pretty sickening imo. My main issue with this new bloke is that I hope he gets a decent shot. Injury aside I’d say he will struggle to make our side right now. It’s bloody hard with no CC.

blacksafake

First Grade
I like players like this.
Thanks for your opinion.

Maxwell

Juniors
I hope this is the Maxwell that i played cricket with the mighty Dubbo CYMS Cricket Club in the 80s ....
Max himself was multi talented sportsman so Kaide comes from quality stock...
i hope Kaide does really well playing for the Red V
Hope you and Lyne are well mate
Regards
BB
Yep it sure is and we are both well