What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs Sea Eagles

Gareth67

First Grade
It cant be Millward or McGregor or Young....maybe it was Ryan Webb
Or maybe they leave a blank contract out side the sheds..players fill in their details, make theor own conditions, sign it and give it back to the club to rubber stamp it

Pray that you know who doesn’t pick one up . :grimacing:

redv13

Bench
Fantastic team effort from start to finish. Energy was great all night, 91% completion rate in the wet!!! Regardless of who the bloody coach is or whatever rubbish that is going on I just want to see my team have a bloody dig every week and tonight that was bloody brilliant. Not one bad player and effort like that will see the team win a few more games and shoot up the ladder. Well done The mighty red V. EAD Manly :thumbsup_tone1:

possm

Coach
So you are a re Rav fan now!.
After wanting him dropped, shipped out or played at centre!
On today's performance YES! I've always said, new coach and everything would be much better. The only problem is that the Club can't announce that Flanagan is pulling the strings because of the terms of his suspension.

Tonight's performance even further convinces me that Ravalawa would make a great centre.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
No..did we not finish off the Titans last year
Unfortunately Manly fell out of the 8 before this game so I cant give us beating a Top 8 side yet in some time

Anyway time for a McWinLittle update

2020 - 33%
2019 - 33%
Since Round 9 2018 - 38%

Leaps and bounds
I must have missed something..

That was the best game of footy I have seen from us in a very long time.
The balance of the team looked right, the forwards built a platform, the defense was strong, no dumb forced offloads, few handling errors, the kicking game was astute and Hunt and Clune steered us around the park beautifully.
And almost nothing beats the joy of seeing us lap Manly at Jubilee Oval.
Another thing, for me, that comes out of this game is that we must re-sign Josh Kerr, He is a beast.
Well done to all 17. Bloody great team effort.

kit66

Bench
Great effort from the boys and we jump four other teams in 11th. Our defence won us the game, the combo of Hunt at 9 with McInnes at lock has really tightened up our middle. Hunt 51 tackles, no misses where at 7 he missed about 6 or 7 tackles a game, born hooker.
Just a shame it wasn't 34 - 0, the Thompson try could have been a penalty to us because Ravalawa was held back and prevented from a clean shot at what could have been a try saver if he got there a second earlier.
I know Tariq is just back from injury but he needs to pick up his workrate quite a bit or make way for Fuimaono and play off the bench.
Have we turned a corner, our defence is on the up even in the games we've lost and we showed tonight we can trouble the scoreboard off the back of that defence. Good signs. That wasn't Maryball they were playing out there, that's obvious.

Dragsters

First Grade
What a great win, congratulations Dragons, it just goes to show you always had what it takes. How good was Ravalawa? If he can take that attitude with him for the rest of the season, he will be a crowd favorite and on his way to being a great winger.

Something has changed within the coaching ranks and whatever it is, it is on the right track. The move of Hunt to hooker, McInnes to lock, and Clune to halfback is a winner. And Kerr is getting better each game. If he keeps this up he will be a dominant prop in 2021.

Rava is getting consecutuve games for once...

Dragsters

First Grade
Hunt, has this great ability to steer a team around the park, when he plays 9.

He has this calmness about his play from dummy half but keeps up a good ruck speed pace and can explode at will.

I've noticed this in his rep games at 9 and I saw it again tonight.

He just ran the show.

He owned the second half.

Well played Sir...

VodkaSaint

Juniors
well i had a few drinks and watched the game, wondering when is the next game we win, not by the skin of our teeth but a good win, well I drank some more after the game and cant sleep due to the excitement , feel like a kid again