What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs Sea Eagles

Dragon Revival

Juniors
A fabulous win. Game plan is now solid and so many points of attack. Not one player had a bad game. Good defence, varied attack and spot on team selections. Lomax played well despite being on one leg. Mc Gregor again said that he only had 23 available players. Apart from De Belin, Ellis, Host, Williame, perhaps Ramsey and an unfilled roster spot who is currently not available?

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
What a great win, congratulations Dragons, it just goes to show you always had what it takes. How good was Ravalawa? If he can take that attitude with him for the rest of the season, he will be a crowd favorite and on his way to being a great winger.

Something has changed within the coaching ranks and whatever it is, it is on the right track. The move of Hunt to hooker, McInnes to lock, and Clune to halfback is a winner. And Kerr is getting better each game. If he keeps this up he will be a dominant prop in 2021.
If Kerr keeps improving I wouldn’t be surprised to see him in a Qld jersey in the not to distant future. They are pretty thin up front.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Hahaha lol
No, seriously..

We’ve just had our best win in god knows how long, but you’re trying to take up some imaginary fight with a random guy..

It’s quite sad..

Enjoy the win.. The rest of us are.. Even gitano..

Dragonsamy

Bench
A few observations about tonight’s game;
1.One of if not the best games I’ve seen Hunt play. If he plays like this at 9 regularly he will have as much impact on our team as any 7 in the comp and be worth every cent. Best on ground.
2.Ravalwa, his best performance so far. Where has this defence been that was beautiful.
3.Lomax, clearly hampered by injury and it affected his running and kicking but he just makes things happen. Gasnier would have been proud of that flick pass at age 20 odd. He sizes up situations quickly and made some things happen with his speed between the ears.
4. Dufty, tough little bugger, starting to add some grit to his game. His kicking game is developing beautifully.
5. Kerr is an absolute weapon, had a ripper. Outdid Vaughan tonight.
6.Lawrie, runs straight and hard gets quick play the balls and is an underrated defender. Developing nicely.
7.Clune is getting better with each week. Plays above his weight, Aitken is beneficial immensely from his presence.
8.Manly did play poorly but we tackled hard, chased hard and controlled the game well. I haven’t seen us get that many line dropouts in recent memory.

Great summary.
Hunt did over 40 tackles as well.

The game was fantastic-always good to see us flog Manly at Kogarah. Does my heart good- very pleasant way to finish a weekend.Only sad thing was to see so few supporters there. I think the way tickets were organised a lot of people wouldnt have answered the Email in time. I read mine at 11.05 on Friday and had to rush to get it organised by Midday-the cutoff time. If i hadnt checked my Emails then i would have missed out.Surely the Club can do better than this.We need as many supporters as allowed to be there-not the 1741 that were there tonight. Such a great win but seen by so few

RedVDave

First Grade
I was 1 of the lucky 1500 at the game tonight I believe that was our best win since the Brisbane Semi Final game in 2018.

I have been very critical of Rava tonight was his best game in the Red V ran hard, made some bone jarring tackles starting to look a little more confident since signing his new deal, he just needs to do it week in and week out as he in the past has had a good game and followed it up with 2 shockers.

Whilst we played very well, Manly were weakened and woeful that is the worst I have seen them play since Trent Barrett was coach.

We should sign Euan Aitken to a 1 year deal every season seems to play really well when his contract is up for renewal.

Zac Lomax & Mutt Dufty are confidence players their confidence is sky high and they are killing it at the moment so glad to see playing such great footy.

Ben Hunt & McInnes also impressed tonight, we are now set to play a very desperate Dogs I really hope we can belt them but with each loss you are closer to a win and I hope I'm wrong but I have a very bad feeling about next weeks game I really hope we don't take them lightly.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I have not been a fan of Rava but today he was very good. If he keeps that up he is going to be a fan favorite for sure. Some of the hits he put out there were great to see. Looks like Flanno has got in his ear and told him that for his size he should go in hard because today he looked unstoppable and like he was really enjoying himself. Good to see.

thebigredv

First Grade
I don't mean this in a mood-killer way but as fantastic as the win was, it kind of just was a reminder of how good footy can be and still cant hel but get the feeling we will slip back to frustrating footy a la the start of the raiders game and the end of the roosters...but let's just hope we've turned some kind of corner

Slippery Morris

First Grade
The table looks so deceiving as you have Saints on 11th, 2 points out of the 8. But are on the same points as 2nd last place Titans and the struggling Broncos. I am sure Mary and the board are only looking at the 2 points out of the 8 scenario.

mickeylane

Bench
If Dragons win tomorrow I expect us to sneak into the 8 at seasons end..madness I know but the future draw is so complimentary to us that a win tomorrow will Instil a self belief into the team and w a 60% win ratio going forward will get us to 20 points being the cut off for the 8 .. the good news continues to be that the coaching staff are continuing to tinker w the starting line up.. I expect at some point if Norman fails to impress tomorrow or next week that Sailor comes into 5/8.. I’m just saying as unlikely as it sounds this team may start growing in confidence IF IT WINS TOMORROW (caveat)
I’m going to stick by this belief - the size of the Manly win was more than we bargained for along w the success of Hunt at Hooker .. even the images of Flanno and McGregor working together as one was encouraging..

Latest posts