What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kaide Ellis signs

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Kerr development experiment starting to pay dividends
Friz signing worked out brilliantly
Willaime and Rava has lots of upside
Vaughan very good signing
Blacker who knows yet as too early
JP and Aitken on the upswing and could be those value player everyone needs in a sal cap 17
Ford and Fui have serious potential an early days

So lets see re Kaide Ellis

yep plenty that dont work like Korbin so far

Hunt and Norman may turn the table with their change in roles???

betcats

Referee
If nothing else, I have learnt 3 things from this thread:

1. Possm is absolutely clueless and will bitch about Millward at every turn (although I already knew this)
  2. Kaide sounds like a promising young forward and I'm keen to see how he goes - hope he's given a good opportunity.
  3. Panthers supporters are a nice bunch - almost makes me wish I supported them instead. I said almost...

We can be pretty rabid after a couple losses don't worry about that.

Drakon

Juniors
I've watched Kaide Ellis play in the CC quite a few times and he always impressed me. I even remember thinking I wish the Dragons had a few up and coming players like him. He is a solid, reliable player with an offload or two in him. He was captain of the CC team and spoke well when interviewed and I think he had a couple of Man off the Match awards. Soward had good words for him also. I hope he gets his chance with us and does well.

The calm one

Juniors
Seemed so tonight. It looked like they were talking alot tonight. And even though the first 20 wasn't great, they seemed to just stick with it and didn't get dejected. Manly might have played poorly, but they did appear to go about it differently tonight. Hopefully they can build on this in the weeks to come.
Sims makes a hell of a difference when playing. Didn't do a lot (match fitness) but he is a leader in a pack and installs confidence in the other forwards just being out there.

getsmarty

Immortal
Dragons confirm Kaide Ellis signing
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Mon 13 Jul 2020, 07:47 AM

St George Illawarra have confirmed the signing of Penrith Panthers forward Kaide Ellis for the remainder of the 2020 NRL Telstra Premiership season.

Ellis – a former Holden Cup, Canterbury Cup NSW and NRL State Championship (of which he was man of the match) winner – will join his new Dragons teammates this week.

The 23-year-old Dubbo product has played eight first grade games to date, all with the Panthers.

Dragons director of rugby league pathways and list management Ian Millward said Ellis's inclusion for the remainder of the season was key for the club's depth.

"Kaide is a very formidable figure and has been a standout in the Canterbury Cup over the past few seasons, and all the while has always being on the periphery of first grade selection," Millward said.

"Kaide comes with high credentials in regard to his attitude and work ethic and will be a good inclusion to our squad character-wise.

"Kaide was off contract with the Panthers and we have now presented him an opportunity to put a stake down at the Dragons moving forward. The key for the Dragons was to find a back-up behind our current squad."

The shortened season and current wave of injuries throughout the NRL competition have contributed to the difficulty of signing players mid-season, according to Millward.

"Clubs at present are reluctant to let players go due to the current wave of injuries throughout the competition, while the players themselves are nervous because there's no reserve grade at present," Millward said.

"Another challenge is that a lot of other clubs are still looking for players themselves. We fielded phone calls from the Raiders last week, as an example, who too are short on middles while we're on the phone to 14 other clubs trying to do the same thing.

"It's a cycle in the NRL at the moment. Clubs are in constant dialogue as they look to secure the required 29 players before the August 2 signing deadline."

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/07/13/dragons-confirm-kaide-ellis-signing/

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Spot on mate. A large number of people on this forum are literally the most negative human beings I have ever encountered. We could win the grand final and they would find something to whinge about. It’s pretty sickening imo. My main issue with this new bloke is that I hope he gets a decent shot. Injury aside I’d say he will struggle to make our side right now. It’s bloody hard with no CC.
Spot on mate. A large number of people on this forum are literally the most negative human beings I have ever encountered. We could win the grand final and they would find something to whinge about. It’s pretty sickening imo. My main issue with this new bloke is that I hope he gets a decent shot. Injury aside I’d say he will struggle to make our side right now. It’s bloody hard with no CC.
The nepotism and sheer incompetence is sickening, and the reason for all the negativity

BIG RIG

Juniors
I’m happy with this signing - cause it’s really only a depth signing to fill in the roster spots for this yr - honestly could see him being another Kaufusi but i hope he gets somewhat of a run

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I've watched Kaide Ellis play in the CC quite a few times and he always impressed me. I even remember thinking I wish the Dragons had a few up and coming players like him. He is a solid, reliable player with an offload or two in him. He was captain of the CC team and spoke well when interviewed and I think he had a couple of Man off the Match awards. Soward had good words for him also. I hope he gets his chance with us and does well.

The Panthers have great depth of quality in their squad. They seem to attract the best of the talent from around the Central West (Dubbo, Parkes etc) as I guess it's the closest Sydney NRL team. Any team that can afford not to pick Matt Burton who is an absolute gun must be going well so I, for one, will be interested in how Ellis goes- if he's ever given the chance of course.

Dragons4me

Juniors
Just a reply here to people, I have followed dragons 60 odd years now through highs and lows and I am Grandfather to Kaide . Just clarifying some things for you you are entitled to your opinions but one of them seems like who ever wrote it has no idea . He has never been sent off , sin binned on his debut game in first grade , but never sent off . He is a middle or edge forward , and I will say he won’t let anyone down . Talk to Jamie Soward he has a big opinion of him has been playing cup football and was capt last 2 yrs of Panthers, played in the winning grand final panthers Intrust cup team then won man of the match against PNG in interstate cup , same year. And they are like running into a brick wall . But just give him a go , one thing whatever position he plays he will stick there in that position and won’t leave it , he’s a team player and won’t shirk his duties .

Slight correction to my post. Should read "Best OF luck" not Best if luck.

Last edited: