What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

denis preston

First Grade

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
Aitken's contract is due for an extension so hence the extra effort. He still finds it difficult to provide a good pass to his winger and would rather just tuck the ball under his arm and run. I believe Williame is a better left-centre and Feagai to prove to be even better over the next couple of years.

I'd like to see Aitken at lock in a Victa Bradley type of role.

He has speed and is tough enough, defence in the centre will easier. All he needs is to develop a step/change of direction and he would be an ideal lock.

True_Believer

Juniors
One fantastic ball, the same ball he fed Saab with last week that Aitken has not been able to produce in how many years? Zac is our leading point scorer, has scored a number of tries and do you want to look up how many assists he’s had too while you are at it? He’s 20 and has been in our top 4-5 players each week since round 1. He’s already proven himself like it or not, well and truly. If you can’t see that you are blind. No one is going to have a completely flawless performance every minute of every game but to be regularly winning players player, motm awards and Dally M points at his age in his position is pretty impressive. Just remember he’s 20.

I have no idea why you are getting upset. Don't get your knickers in a twist. Part of the reason I'm saying this is that I haven't seen what all the hype is about so far in his performances (as others have also indicated). In the last couple of weeks he's starting to settle into it and is starting to show some of what he can do. Proving himself takes more than a couple of games unfortunately. Part of the problem has been his shifting between positions. I've always said he is obviously a centre and hopefully now he will stay there and continue to improve. He's also our leading points scorer because he kicks goals.

I'm in no way comparing Aitken to him - I'm just saying that both have picked up their game in the last couple of weeks. Aiten even passing which has not been his strong point. Even Aitkens defence has improved since switching sides. Both still have work to do but both look to be on the up.

I'm not sure where you are getting that Lomax is regularly getting Dally M points or getting voted players player or man of the match awards? I can only see 1 set of points in the Dally M awarded to Lomax and I can't find anywhere that lists Man of the match or players player? Is there a site that lists this information?

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I have no idea why you are getting upset. Don't get your knickers in a twist. Part of the reason I'm saying this is that I haven't seen what all the hype is about so far in his performances (as others have also indicated). In the last couple of weeks he's starting to settle into it and is starting to show some of what he can do. Proving himself takes more than a couple of games unfortunately. Part of the problem has been his shifting between positions. I've always said he is obviously a centre and hopefully now he will stay there and continue to improve. He's also our leading points scorer because he kicks goals.

I'm in no way comparing Aitken to him - I'm just saying that both have picked up their game in the last couple of weeks. Aiten even passing which has not been his strong point. Even Aitkens defence has improved since switching sides. Both still have work to do but both look to be on the up.

I'm not sure where you are getting that Lomax is regularly getting Dally M points or getting voted players player or man of the match awards? I can only see 1 set of points in the Dally M awarded to Lomax and I can't find anywhere that lists Man of the match or players player? Is there a site that lists this information?
I’m not getting upset:joy: there are just some people on this forum that seem to be death riding Zac because they didn’t rate him and he’s proving them wrong and they don’t like it. Not saying you are one of them but it’s getting so ridiculous it’s laughable.

possm

Coach
I’m not getting upset:joy: there are just some people on this forum that seem to be death riding Zac because they didn’t rate him and he’s proving them wrong and they don’t like it. Not saying you are one of them but it’s getting so ridiculous it’s laughable.
Don't worry about it, we all know he is our next Changa Langlands and he is with us for at least another 5 seasons.

True_Believer

Juniors

I'm not death riding him at all. In fact, I'm keen for him to do well - really well. I try to be supportive of all our players (even the bad ones). I'm just wary of talking up players until they show consistency across a season or 2. Have been caught out in the past.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I'm not death riding him at all. In fact, I'm keen for him to do well - really well. I try to be supportive of all our players (even the bad ones). I'm just wary of talking up players until they show consistency across a season or 2. Have been caught out in the past.
Caught out how? Nothing is going to happen to you or Zac if he doesn’t live up to promise. I’m very confident he will kick on. He’s developing new tools week after week. Has a good footy brain and has size on his side. Am I expecting him to be Gasnier? No am I expecting him to be our best since Gasnier, yes I am. Injuries or other factors could come into play but me talking glowingly about his week to week development is not going to help or hinder his career in any way, that’s what forums like this are for.

True_Believer

Juniors
Caught out how? Nothing is going to happen to you or Zac if he doesn’t live up to promise. I’m very confident he will kick on. He’s developing new tools week after week. Has a good footy brain and has size on his side. Am I expecting him to be Gasnier? No am I expecting him to be our best since Gasnier, yes I am. Injuries or other factors could come into play but me talking glowingly about his week to week development is not going to help or hinder his career in any way, that’s what forums like this are for.

I've been caught out getting my hopes up with a player only to be disappointed.

If you want to sing his praises - great. I never said you couldn't - I am just passing comment as you are. I'd rather temper my excitement at this early stage.

By the way, would love to get links to the information on Players Player and Man of that Match details.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I've been caught out getting my hopes up with a player only to be disappointed.

If you want to sing his praises - great. I never said you couldn't - I am just passing comment as you are. I'd rather temper my excitement at this early stage.
Fair enough, but he's already setting up tries, scoring tries, defending well and kicking at a high percentage. Its not as though we are praising his potential alone. If any other centre of any other team, setup 3 tries, scored 1 and nailed a heap of sideline conversions they would be rightly praised yeah? Thats all I'm saying.

Crush

Coach
Our best since Gasnier isn't that great actually. Who has been the best since Gasnier outside of Matt Cooper?
I actually can't remember anyone decent playing centres for us since 2011 other than Matt.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Our best since Gasnier isn't that great actually. Who has been the best since Gasnier outside of Matt Cooper?
I actually can't remember anyone decent playing centres for us since 2011 other than Matt.
Exactly it’s nearly 10 years since we had a good centre. Point made.

redv13

Bench
I'm sure Joel Thompson filled in there a few times too. lol
Yeah I thought I’d leave a few out. I liked both the Stanley boys. I also left Thompson and Prior off the list as well as both were great team players and neither deserved to be tarred with the same brush as some of the other stooges that I named