What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd9: Parra v Knights GAME DAY thread 12/7/20

IFR33K

Coach
Have to say, Lane played his worst game for us today.

seemed disinterested, I don’t actually know if he did touch the touch line on the kickoff but he shouldn’t have been in a position with it possibly looked like he was (and if that close why not stick your foot on it as you catch it and we’d have a penalty at half way), and I reckon he gave away at least 3 set restarts with lazy efforts after completing a tackle.

His form is way down on last years! May need a rest

Bandwagon

Staff member
Yea sin bin. But I was responding to Sphagnums post that said it should have been awarded a try. it can’t be a try.

Yeah I see that, I'm just pointing out it really had to be either a try or a sin bin, I can't see any wriggle room for the ref there at all.

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah I see that, I'm just pointing out it really had to be either a try or a sin bin, I can't see any wriggle room for the ref there at all.
Unsure if it was deliberate or clumsy.

The advantage rule is really inconsistent. 99% of the time Gutho gets called back and Reed scores.

strider

Post Whore
I understand the ruling on reeds try. If there was an infringement, I get its not play on for a try and i dont think its a sin bin. ... but i just dont think it was a penalty. There are dozens of play the balls like that every weekend that result in nothing

Gronk

Staff member
I understand the ruling on reeds try. If there was an infringement, I get its not play on for a try and i dont think its a sin bin. ... but i just dont think it was a penalty. There are dozens of play the balls like that every weekend that result in nothing

I'm still confused why Reed was not allowed to play on.

Assume wiki is correct

Advantage
"Advantage" is the period of time after an infringement, in which the non-offending side have the opportunity to gain sufficient territory or tactical opportunity to negate the need to stop the game due to the infringement. The referee will signal advantage with their arm out horizontally, toward the non-infringing team. If no tactical or territorial advantage is gained, the referee will whistle, and give the decision that had been delayed. If sufficient advantage is gained, the referee will call "advantage over", and play will continue. The Advantage Law allows the game to flow more freely, and not stop for every minor infringement.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_rugby_league_terms

84 Baby

Referee
I'm still confused why Reed was not allowed to play on.

Assume wiki is correct

Advantage
"Advantage" is the period of time after an infringement, in which the non-offending side have the opportunity to gain sufficient territory or tactical opportunity to negate the need to stop the game due to the infringement. The referee will signal advantage with their arm out horizontally, toward the non-infringing team. If no tactical or territorial advantage is gained, the referee will whistle, and give the decision that had been delayed. If sufficient advantage is gained, the referee will call "advantage over", and play will continue. The Advantage Law allows the game to flow more freely, and not stop for every minor infringement.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_rugby_league_terms
The rule is two wrongs don’t make a right. Like a double knock on. The question is whether Decore’s play the ball was correct or not

Soto

Bench
The rule is two wrongs don’t make a right. Like a double knock on. The question is whether Decore’s play the ball was correct or not
Watch the replay and sutton does not blow the penalty until after reed scores...try should have been awarded

84 Baby

Referee
Watch the replay and sutton does not blow the penalty until after reed scores...try should have been awarded
Ok.... it wasn’t like he waited 3 tackles to call the penalty.
FYI I think the play the ball was fine. Gets to his feet, plays it fine and gets pushed as he’s playing it. A captains challenge would’ve been interesting

TheRam

Coach
Forum copping ain’t easy........

Whinging about what people post, same boring shit from Suity. Grow up.

Mate, Suity's not wrong. I get why you would be pissed off at him calling you out, but he's not wrong.

All these repetitious jokes get boring, then outright annoying the longer they go on. Surely you can see that? Imagine if every time you turned on the tele the same comedian was on, telling the same joke. It would have lost whatever appeal it originally had real quick.

Unless you can change or add to it in some way that makes it fresh and unexpected again. But you haven't and so it just isn't funny. Period.

So don't get your knickers in a knot if the peanut gallery boo you off stage for being a stinker. Repetitive bad humour deserves it. Think of it as comedic Darwinism. It keeps humour evolving, fresh and alive. If we all just kept repeating the one joke we felt comfortable in telling, comedy would very quickly wither and die. It needs to keep changing for its very existence.

Or are you the guy at the office that when people see you coming they say, 'quick look busy or he will tell us again how exciting everything is with a big stupid grin on his face?'

You don't want to be that guy, do you?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Have to say, Lane played his worst game for us today.

seemed disinterested, I don’t actually know if he did touch the touch line on the kickoff but he shouldn’t have been in a position with it possibly looked like he was (and if that close why not stick your foot on it as you catch it and we’d have a penalty at half way), and I reckon he gave away at least 3 set restarts with lazy efforts after completing a tackle.
He spent most of the second half in the middle. That means a lot more tackling and a lot less running at halfbacks.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Steve Chiddy - “Kalyn Ponga is within 10m of the play the ball, playing on from here, Marata Niukore fails to play the ball correctly within Kalyn Ponga’s vicinity. We have a decision.”
NO TRY

"AND SIN BIN THAT MERKIN, NIUKORE, FOR COMING WITHIN 10M OF PONGA."

Eelementary

Post Whore
He spent most of the second half in the middle. That means a lot more tackling and a lot less running at halfbacks.

I agree - Lane did a good job.

The NRL app has hos stats as 108m, 42 tackles, and 2 offloads.

Just because he isn't breaking the line like last year doesn't mean he isn't contributing.

And a lot of Lane's runs were tough runs, coming out of our own end.

I reckon he's going a great job.

Latest posts