What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd9: Parra v Knights GAME DAY thread 12/7/20

84 Baby

Referee
Mate, Suity's not wrong. I get why you would be pissed off at him calling you out, but he's not wrong.

All these repetitious jokes get boring, then outright annoying the longer they go on. Surely you can see that? Imagine if every time you turned on the tele the same comedian was on, telling the same joke. It would have lost whatever appeal it originally had real quick.

Unless you can change or add to it in some way that makes it fresh and unexpected again. But you haven't and so it just isn't funny. Period.

So don't get your knickers in a knot if the peanut gallery boo you off stage for being a stinker. Repetitive bad humour deserves it. Think of it as comedic Darwinism. It keeps humour evolving, fresh and alive. If we all just kept repeating the one joke we felt comfortable in telling, comedy would very quickly wither and die. It needs to keep changing for its very existence.

Or are you the guy at the office that when people see you coming they say, 'quick look busy or he will tell us again how exciting everything is with a big stupid grin on his face?'

You don't want to be that guy, do you?
Awaiting hindy111 to come (tee hee) in with some sexual innuendo for Ram to play along with

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Mate, Suity's not wrong. I get why you would be pissed off at him calling you out, but he's not wrong.

All these repetitious jokes get boring, then outright annoying the longer they go on. Surely you can see that? Imagine if every time you turned on the tele the same comedian was on, telling the same joke. It would have lost whatever appeal it originally had real quick.

Unless you can change or add to it in some way that makes it fresh and unexpected again. But you haven't and so it just isn't funny. Period.

So don't get your knickers in a knot if the peanut gallery boo you off stage for being a stinker. Repetitive bad humour deserves it. Think of it as comedic Darwinism. It keeps humour evolving, fresh and alive. If we all just kept repeating the one joke we felt comfortable in telling, comedy would very quickly wither and die. It needs to keep changing for its very existence.

Or are you the guy at the office that when people see you coming they say, 'quick look busy or he will tell us again how exciting everything is with a big stupid grin on his face?'

You don't want to be that guy, do you?
* Accuses someone of being boring then goes on a long winded boring rant. Surely you don’t want to be that guy?? Do you?

Last edited:

TheRam

Coach
Awaiting hindy111 to come (tee hee) in with some sexual innuendo for Ram to play along with

I knew someone would make a reference to some of the repetitive salacious Bones On Bones gibbering's we do here, but for one the idea of the jokes may be similar or the same, but generally the jokes differ. But also we peg it back when it gets to much and starts to repeat. Also we, Hindy in particular, makes so many other efforts to amuse. He is not just a one trick pony.

So stick that up ya, ya dullard.

Bazal

Post Whore
Ha!! I was replying to Emjaycee. No more boring than half the other shit they gets posts on here.

I might have to start making jokes about the second Roe instead :thinking:

"Other people can't say things I don't like!"

Stick to the game day threads mate, way less sad sucks ruining it for others

hineyrulz

Post Whore
"Other people can't say things I don't like!"

Stick to the game day threads mate, way less sad sucks ruining it for others
True, it’s the first time I’ve posted much in the Eels game day forum in a while. Don’t think I will be doing again for a while either.

Gronk

Staff member
I reckon we did target him. Doesn’t mean we hit him illegally but.

True, but when he gets up with the wobbles (aimed to getting a sympathy penalty) then he needs to go off immediately for a HIA. I thought the Dr was obliged t o do this because of HIA protocols ?