What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BB issue

carinashark

First Grade
He is playing great. His awareness, speed and passing are gold standard plus’s his tackling is a pleasure to watch. This is the year to make this happen.He should be swapped with Chad, an understudy for hooker should be bought or brought on from lower grades. Or maybe get Jayden back. So Chad is hooker or on the bench or at the Jets. Then maybe ESL.

Version IV

Juniors
I think he couldnt halfback, dont want to swap chad instead Chad needs to go.

I want to make BB captain, i think he would make a great captain, he will end up being NSW hooker as well in next 3 years

snout

First Grade
We shoulda bought andrew mccullough from brisbane.

The buys we make are hiroto. Nene. Goodwin.
Blokes NO OTHER club is interested in.
We buy them to let us down.

McCullough is a premiership winner.
60+ tackles a game.
Kicks 40/20s most games.
Great short kicking game.
Huge number of try assists.

The knights bought an aging steve walters years ago to mentor a young danny buderus.
To fast track his progress to the top rake. So the young guy wasnt working it out for himself or from being bashed by rivals.

Mccullough was not wanted by seiblod. He is amongst the knights best players every week.
Broncos are paying most of his salary.

We have bought 3 wingers this year.
3 duds.
We are dumb.
We have no idea.
We are bottom 4 because we think, train and play like bottom 4

His try yesterday was set up from the play before.
He dummied about 3 times and had runners going in all directions. Had them in a few different minds.
Next play they were waiting for that again and he caught them out and scored himself.
It was my only bright moment for the game.
He stays at hooker

We shoulda bought andrew mccullough from brisbane.

The buys we make are hiroto. Nene. Goodwin.
Blokes NO OTHER club is interested in.
We buy them to let us down.

McCullough is a premiership winner.
60+ tackles a game.
Kicks 40/20s most games.
Great short kicking game.
Huge number of try assists.

The knights bought an aging steve walters years ago to mentor a young danny buderus.
To fast track his progress to the top rake. So the young guy wasnt working it out for himself or from being bashed by rivals.

Mccullough was not wanted by seiblod. He is amongst the knights best players every week.
Broncos are paying most of his salary.

We have bought 3 wingers this year.
3 duds.
We are dumb.
We have no idea.
We are bottom 4 because we think, train and play like bottom 4
Not a premiership winner mate. Lost a GF with the Donkos

Version IV

Juniors
BB makes the defence think everytime at dummyhalf inside attacking 20, i am thinking what is he going to do, he has defence thinking

snout

First Grade
McCulloughs done it again today.
His team needed a try and he forces over from dummy half thru 3 or 4 defenders.
Did the same last week and was also there on the 80th minute collecting yhe Manly kick thru to ensure his team got home.

The guys a competitor. He knows how to win.
It's moneyball.

Bomber believes we need to strengthen the wings.

What have we paid for hiroto to sit out his contract in the stands .....or for Goodwins retirement fund?
No other club would sign these guys.

A sad indictment for a rookie coach who will start and finish his career at our club if he doesnt learn from guys like bellamy and madge. Guys who simply do not panic buy C level players as a PR stunt.

Or..whats even more frightening is that bomber may have actually believed these buys would turn our season around.

McCulloughs done it again today.
His team needed a try and he forces over from dummy half thru 3 or 4 defenders.
Did the same last week and was also there on the 80th minute collecting yhe Manly kick thru to ensure his team got home.

The guys a competitor. He knows how to win.
It's moneyball.

Bomber believes we need to strengthen the wings.

What have we paid for hiroto to sit out his contract in the stands .....or for Goodwins retirement fund?
No other club would sign these guys.

A sad indictment for a rookie coach who will start and finish his career at our club if he doesnt learn from guys like bellamy and madge. Guys who simply do not panic buy C level players as a PR stunt.

Or..whats even more frightening is that bomber may have actually believed these buys would turn our season around.
The Sharks have a massive salary cap problem thus year, don't forget they chose to pay the fine all in this year's cap. I think it was $700K all up.
My guess is buying the players they have is because that's all they could afford.
All on one year contracts are they, or more years?

snout

First Grade
The Sharks have a massive salary cap problem thus year, don't forget they chose to pay the fine all in this year's cap. I think it was $700K all up.
My guess is buying the players they have is because that's all they could afford.
McCulloughs being paid by broncs..or most of.

Frenzy.

Immortal

On min wage as well. Second chance contracts.

Nana was rusty more than anything else. Will improve exponentially

Goodwin's a pro. Will remain useful.

carinashark

First Grade
Well we ant getting anywhere with Chad , to late this year to buy a 7 ( unless anyone else can think of a 7) and BB knows the team. Come let’s not die wondering.

Well we ant getting anywhere with Chad , to late this year to buy a 7 ( unless anyone else can think of a 7) and BB knows the team. Come let’s not die wondering.
The time to try that was last year when we had another hooker, his brother. Our ba c k up hooker this year, Cameron King, is gone for the season. You want to weaken one position, where the kid is not only starting to be himself but is getting valuable training as an 80 min hooker, and have some part time nobody play that role and have BB play in an extremely important position in first grade that he doesn't play.
O
K

Special K

Coach
Goodwin has a clause that if he plays 10 games he gets a contract for 2021. He is 35 in December and makes Luke Covell look like Usain Bolt

PHaTMaN

Juniors
McCullough is not the answer, he has been average his entire career. I agree with BBB, BB is doing well at 9 and he should stay there.

We signed Goodwin etc as we needed outside backs and that is all we could get. Goodwin is much better than Hiroti - Bronson X and his run in with ASADA (plus letting J-Moz go) have left us very thin out wide.

Chad has been inconsistent at best, but fundamentally our problem seems to be a lack of intent.

snout

First Grade
McCullough is not the answer, he has been average his entire career. I agree with BBB, BB is doing well at 9 and he should stay there.

We signed Goodwin etc as we needed outside backs and that is all we could get. Goodwin is much better than Hiroti - Bronson X and his run in with ASADA (plus letting J-Moz go) have left us very thin out wide.

Chad has been inconsistent at best, but fundamentally our problem seems to be a lack of intent.
Dont comment on mccullough being average his entire career if you obviously haven't seen much of him play.
He wouldve been qlds SOO hooker bar for cam smith

Version IV

Juniors
Goodwin has a clause that if he plays 10 games he gets a contract for 2021. He is 35 in December and makes Luke Covell look like Usain Bolt
Please tell me that's not the case, there would have to be other options come the end of 2020.

I can't see Goodwin getting better in 2021, if that's the way the club is heading we won't be a threat for years

Special K

Coach
Please tell me that's not the case, there would have to be other options come the end of 2020.

I can't see Goodwin getting better in 2021, if that's the way the club is heading we won't be a threat for years
In-form Cronulla veteran back Bryson Goodwin is in line for a contract extension after joining the club mid-season from South Sydney.
Goodwin, who has scored three tries in three games, only has to play around 10 games this season to activate a new deal for 2021.

The former New Zealand international has been a bargain buy for the Sharks after the club lost Josh Morris to the Roosters and Bronson Xerri to a failed ASADA drug test.
Sharks coach John Morris believes Goodwin’s 13 years of NRL experience across four teams has been invaluable during the club’s three-game winning streak.

“Bryson has been the perfect fit for us,” Morris said about 34-year-old Goodwin, who has played a combined 241 games in the NRL and English Super League.

“After losing Josh Morris with his experience and ability to play right centre and left wing, Bryson can also play in both positions equally as well.

“He has scored a try for us in each of his games and he has brought some wonderful experience.

“Bryson also has a really good temperament to him. He can mix with the younger kids, but he also has some great leadership skills.

“He has been a valuable addition for us, and I’ve really enjoyed his company so far.”

f9fb4f83f4e011474d9393571af6302d

Bryson Goodwin is in line for a new deal. Picture: Brett CostelloSource: News Corp Australia

Cronulla will look to maintain their form despite losing fullback Matt Moylan to a hamstring injury for four weeks.

A rejuvenated Josh Dugan will replace Moylan in the No.1 jumper, and coach Morris is confident the former Test and Origin star will fire.

“Any suggestion that Duges’ body isn’t up to it has been erased,” he said.

“Last weekend was his sixth back-to-back game, which is the most since 2016 in the same position.

“I was only talking to the team the other day about Duges turning back the clock.

“If you watch him closely, he is very good in all the effort areas.

“He is chasing out from marker and chasing back from kicks, which shows that he is someone that is really tuned in to his performance and the team.”

e59ec01d2283726bf9e9a8798a38207b

Bryson Goodwin scores against the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs. (AAP Image/David Neilson)Source: AAP
Cronulla have recaptured their finest form in recent weeks, but Morris knows his side can’t be complacent coming up against the second-placed Panthers on Saturday night.

“Our big test comes against a genuine top- four team in Penrith, so it is shaping as a big battle for us,” he said.

“Penrith is one of the form teams in the competition. They are playing some real good footy.

“They have got the best completion rate in the competition, but they also have some attacking weapons in their side.

“But what has really impressed me about Penrith is that they have really tightened up defensively.

“They are giving up under 14 points a game, so we have to be really on to win.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...l/news-story/0397c622429748086dfcee9514af8716

bluefox68

Staff member
I guess Morris enjoys losing...

Josh Morris voted 2nd best centre in the NRL (Players' Poll)... We let him walk to go to the 'stacked' Premiers...
Then we sign the 32nd best centre in Super League as a replacement...
And our coach is HaPpY?!?!