What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your top 5 overrated players of all time?

Sparkles 2001

Juniors
Trent Merrin
George Rose
Tim Manor
Jarrod Croker
Wally Lewis
Aaron woods
Sandor earl
Sam Williams
Dane Tilse
Dane Gagai

mongoose

Coach
Mitch Pearce. For the fact that he's a plodder that the media still rave on about like he's Cooper Cronk. He was total shit yesterday, he was awful for NSW for years. Even in the series win that he was part of he didn't do anything. One of the worst clutch players ive ever seen.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Mitch Pearce. For the fact that he's a plodder that the media still rave on about like he's Cooper Cronk. He was total shit yesterday, he was awful for NSW for years. Even in the series win that he was part of he didn't do anything. One of the worst clutch players ive ever seen.

Myth Piss by the length of DCE’s neck.

Mitchell Pearce is Luke Brooks with a famous Dad

Sphagnum

Coach
Can’t believe the original most over rated player was not mentioned . Even other players thought he was over rated .

Braith Anasta

He is also a over rated commentator so he wins the prize with 2 entries
He isn’t an overrated commentator. He dribbles absolute horseshit in every broadcast and I’ve never met another person who doesnt roll their eyes every time the merkin opens his mouth.

he is one of life’s great mysteries really

how do you get a job commentating football for years when you are an illiterate f**ktard who know absolutely nothing about the game.

might actually be a genius

Eelementary

Post Whore
Currently (either through career or present form). Doesn’t mean bad players, just that I don’t think they are as good as many others believe..

Kalyn Ponga
Nathan Brown (Eels version)
Viliame Kikau
Paul Vaughan
Matt Moylan
Angus Chrichton
Dylan Napa
Reagan Campbell-Gillard
David Klemmer
Clint Gutherson

All time..

Jason King
John Sutton
Billy Moore
Corey Parker
Terry Hill
Sam Thaiday
Brad Meyers
Andrew Gee
Josh Perry
Will Chambers

I want to ask - any reason you think Brown, Gutherson, and RCG are over-rated?

I'm not having a go - I'm genuinely curious.

The stats for those 3 compare pretty favourably to their respective positional leaders.

Bunji Marshall after he won a comp.

He’s been living off that GF win from a decade and half ago and we all know how that story has gone ever since.

Kurt Gidley is the most overrated player I've ever seen. So overrated in fact, that he captained NSW from the bench. He'd walk into the Kangaroo side on "amazing utility value" when he could barely play one position somewhat ok (fullback).

Mitchell Moses is also still overrated to me.

Salt. He's had his quiet years, but won everything there is to win apart from a Dally M

Salt?

Well here is some pepper for you.

Since the Tigpies won the comp in 2005 how many years after that has Bunji taken the Tigpies to the finals?

I mean half the comp makes the finals every year and he took them to the finals how many times since 2005?

Overrated for sure!

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Salt?

Well here is some pepper for you.

Since the Tigpies won the comp in 2005 how many years after that has Bunji taken the Tigpies to the finals?

I mean half the comp makes the finals every year and he took them to the finals how many times since 2005?

Overrated for sure!
Name another player who would have done a better job in the teams we've had with the injuries those teams sustained. Sure, he constantly overplayed his hand, but that is literally his trademark. We've been garbage.

Latest posts