What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Nable

shear_joy9

Coach
Seriously Fox what are you doing to us. I have to fight the urge to destroy my tv every time his shitty promos come on. To make it worse they seem to be getting longer

moffla

Bench
The only time it pissed me off was when one of the promos featured clips of himself saying his lines.
Otherwise neither here or there with them

bileduct

Coach
Yeah, I'm getting really tired of the frequency of these promos and seeing Matt's face all over them.

I just immediately change the channel to something else for a few minutes when they come on.

King Ben

Juniors
I wonder how he feels after all his years as an actor that being friends with Matty Johns is the only reason he has a job right now.

Fangs

Coach
I reckon I could do Matt Nable's job. Maybe the scripting and editing at least:

Nathan Cleary, and Mitchell Moses...cmon, Cleary and Moses. How good are these young kids?

Ricky Stuart. He knows what it takes. He only needs to ask his blokes in the sheds for one thing *Queue Raiders defensive highlights and audio of John Lennon's Stand By Me*

And what about this guy? *queue highlights* Nah, don't need to say anything more about that legend.

And they say a dead rubber means nothing...try telling it to this guy *Highlight of Cordner tackling someone around around the legs*

Sivo, you are kidding.

When he first started, there was one about the Sharks/Dragons rivalry where he mocked Dugan being a centre wanting a fullback's salary. I thought that was funny, and was surprised they got away with it. I think he called Soward a sook too.

They're getting to be a bit much now though. That one at the start of the season was a bit cringey. It was the one where he walks though the whole Fox staff and guys like Blocker can't stop looking at him and grinning instead of looking at the camera.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
It’s the same script every week:
*insert teams playing
*insert best forwards clash
*insert best young player
*mention memories of the glory days for both teams and insert ageing legend of club
*add as much corny hyperbole as possible

They aren’t terrible the first time, bearable the second time, then after half an hour of watching Fox League and you have seen it 17 times you want to put your head through the screen

nrlnrl

First Grade
It’s the same script every week:
*insert teams playing
*insert best forwards clash
*insert best young player
*mention memories of the glory days for both teams and insert ageing legend of club
*add as much corny hyperbole as possible

They aren’t terrible the first time, bearable the second time, then after half an hour of watching Fox League and you have seen it 17 times you want to put your head through the screen
I suppose it's an individual thing, but I've seen plenty of variety - there were ones that were purely about a single player - Radley & Sivo., then there's the coaches matchup from Raiders & Storm. Raiders & Roosters is all about the rematch following 2019 GF. Plus the Eels v Sea Eagles was mostly about the old rivalry.

I like them. From what I've seen on Channel 9, they just copy & paste each week with very little change. Anyway, it'd be boring if we all liked everything.

Suitman

Post Whore
I suppose it's an individual thing, but I've seen plenty of variety - there were ones that were purely about a single player - Radley & Sivo., then there's the coaches matchup from Raiders & Storm. Raiders & Roosters is all about the rematch following 2019 GF. Plus the Eels v Sea Eagles was mostly about the old rivalry.

I like them. From what I've seen on Channel 9, they just copy & paste each week with very little change. Anyway, it'd be boring if we all liked everything.

Yep. Agreed.
People will whinge about anything.
I like the fact that Fox actually promote the game and go to the effort and expense to do this stuff, unlike Ch 9 who put shit on RL at any opportunity.